Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I get that win trading and account sharing were a thing in Vanilla but that doesn't mean they should stop being actionable.

If someone is making money by selling HKs to a load of ranker tryhards then something probably *should* get done about it, whether or not it happened once in Vanilla that one time. Weird that so many people seem to boil this down to "they want to brag about their premade not losing" or "hurr durr you think you do but you don't".

It was obvious well in advance that the PvP system in Classic if left as it was would need healthy scrutiny to prevent people getting a massive advantage through breaking the ToS and that that scrutiny was never going to occur. Nevertheless saying "So all of this is kosher" is clearly absurd.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2020-01-07 at 04:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Oh, is that's what's happening? That was a bannable offense in vanilla.
    Multiboxxing was not bananable in vanilla.

blame it on the #nochanges gang.
    even the most reasonable change suggestions were immediately silenced by it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Multiboxxing was not bananable in vanilla.
    No, but kill trading with the opposing faction was.

Some people have lots of free time. More than others others it seems. If this is how how they want to spend it who am I to judge.

I liked the part where he mentioned "honor" wasn't honorable... Literally how all vanilla pvp was when it came to honor. Be dishonorable to maximize honor gains. Everything from camping to afk farming bgs.

People will try and sell anything they can. If the system promotes dishonorable actions that is profitable the system has a flaw.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    every expansion people and bitches like you wanted things easier and the more they catered to people like you the more people it drove away lol
    Which explains why the population of classic is 3 orders of magnitude greater than retail, and has suffered no significant population drop at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Which explains why the population of classic is 3 orders of magnitude greater than retail, and has suffered no significant population drop at all.
    Just to be clear, you're saying Classic has three times the population of Retail?

Just want to make sure I read this properly fam

Wait... Wtf did I just read?

Wow classic an esport?

Grandmarshal will get a prize and be on stage?

Either the OP is entirly misguided on the prestege and importance of winning an ingame title in a 15 year old game or netease are offering out dosh for afking BG's in China.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Just to be clear, you're saying Classic has three times the population of Retail?

Just want to make sure I read this properly fam
    It was sarcasm, note the eye roll.

isn't there diminishing return for the honor after like 3 kills on the same target?

The first couple weeks of classic was the best time I've had playing WoW...since actual vanilla. It was fun and massive, tons of people to interact with, and a real sense of community.
    Then the min-maxing started. Everything had to be AOE grinding, only certain classes and specs were allowed, and it was zoom zoom zoom.

I got to 60 (felt like I had to rush thanks to Blizzard releasing DM early), ran a couple dungeons and one MC, and that was it for me. I could see the writing on the wall that the players weren't going to allow this to be fun anymore. Massive faction imbalances, also largely the fault of the players, basically meant world PvP was going to be a disaster...and here we are.

It comes down to, this game was meant for a slightly simpler world, and that world has moved on.

Isn't this essentially history repeating?

All part of the authentic Vanilla experience, folks :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    It was sarcasm, note the eye roll.
    whoops my b - I always get sidetracked

<3 ty fam

On Topic: Classic is classic, you can't change PERFECTION

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    It wasn't an attempt at an insult, I was just pointing out the obvious. You're clearly salty about it either way though, which is pretty funny.
    I don't really think you said this as an attempt as a subtle insult. More like a confirmation for yourself that you chose the (subjectively) more intelligent platform to discuss your game. Which is okay because it's basic human behavior, but I hope you realize that it's unfounded and entirely anecdotal. Or can you show actual data that showcases IQ/Intelligence of WoW Forums vs. MMO Forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    So what you're saying is you really didn't want vanilla and lied about it?
    What an idiotic post, I never lied about it. I never wanted the honor system and posted that before classics' release as well. I thought then that it was the one thing that blizzard should absolutely change. Now that I'm proven right and the honor system is even more toxic than it was in the past I simply reaffirm that position. Hopefully the fact that classic lost about half its players since phase 2 will sway blizzard to take action.