Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Heritage sets and Shadowlands.

Wonder if idea with heritage sets is gone? We still missing for orcs, undeads, trolls, humans, night elves, draenei and pandas.

Or maybe they are replaced with covenant sets.

human stormwind knight/warrior armor.nelf warden/archer armor.orcs great warrior armor with many skewers,and skulls may be?

but,i think that is very important the heritage weapons,and needed.for example i have with my warrior,the seventh legion swords,but,i feel that it is needed an iconic sword.an stormwind sword.some like lothar´s one...and no legendary or magic sword.just a nice worthy iconic sword for a stormwind warrior

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Anduin_Lothar (see sword here)something like this.

for the others,same,iconic heritage weapons (not legendary,magical or artifact weapons,just iconics,representative of the faction itself, of its civilization, perhaps the representative weapons of the night elves are the arches, and the umbra crescent for example

They should add those Ren'dorei and nightborne (?) heritage weapons that were datamined in BfA. Some examples are these:

No idea what happened to them.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Shadowlands is bare bones right now... they announced it because BFA was a huge miss and needed to milk that money.
    I'm pretty sure they'll keep adding heritage armor, since we are getting 4 new heritage armor sets this next patch.

I'm looking forward Draenei heritage, it will be really interesting. And of course they will ruin it with Night Elves, totally sure about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope they keep doing them especially since we are getting Worgen and Goblin now.

I also hope we get the weapons too. The Dark Iron ones look amazing.

Orcs, undead, humans and night elves will likely be the last races to receive heritage armor since warfronts gave us armor sets for all armor types themed around those races.

So we'll likely see draenei and Darkspear troll or possibly even pandaren heritage armor in 8.3.5 if such a patch happens, and if not we'll get probably get them in Shadowlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Wonder if idea with heritage sets is gone? We still missing for orcs, undeads, trolls, humans, night elves, draenei and pandas.

Yeah i think they are done. Or will put the warfront ones in their places.

For a while i thought that the whole Uthers tomb thing was a part to get our human heritage armor.

But for me it would be like this:

Orcs: pretty much grommash,garrosh and thralls armors. With different options.

Undeand: I would give several armor tiers different armors. Like mail ones would get dark ranger armor. And their armor should promote their death status. So show bones etc.

Trolls: this is a hard one...no clue.

Humans: Something like anduins/varians armor. And more options. Think like warcraft 3 armors for all different types of armor. ( so mail would get dwarf rifleman armor etc). Would look decently like current warfront armor. But with different details. They could even go with arthas warcraft 3 armor...that would be so freaking cool

Night elves: same as humans and forsaken. Think for instance cloth wearers should get tyrande's white gown armor etc.

Dreanei: also a hard one.

Panda's: Pretty much chen/taran zhu/shaohao armor.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Shadowlands is bare bones right now... they announced it because BFA was a huge miss and needed to milk that money.
    I'm pretty sure they'll keep adding heritage armor, since we are getting 4 new heritage armor sets this next patch.

I'm looking forward Draenei heritage, it will be really interesting. And of course they will ruin it with Night Elves, totally sure about it.
    Ease up on the tinfoil. They announced it at Blizzcon because that's the time they always announce expansions. If they waited until next year's Blizzcon there'd be hardly any time for hype before it came out. Remember that we knew about BFA before the Argus patch came out. That's how it's always been.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account

Humans, night elves, orcs and undead effectively got heritage armor through Warfronts as those sets are distinctly tailored to those races.

3+ Year Old Account

Pretty sure they will make them all, but over time. These things always bring back some people, if they release them all at once people will just take a few hours and unlock everything on night. More profitable to spread that across several months or years at specific time.

Also, it's just appearances, so it's meaningless there is no rush.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah they were totally hurting for money.

Except for that little thing called Classic which caused the largest subscription spike in the game's history.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Pretty sure they will make them all, but over time. These things always bring back some people, if they release them all at once people will just take a few hours and unlock everything on night. More profitable to spread that across several months or years at specific time.

Also, it's just appearances, so it's meaningless there is no rush.
    Meaningless to you maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    That's already the Mag'har Heritage armor. They wear Grommash's armor

Troll I'd say is the easiest one! Just go with the archetypal Shadowhunter that's been in all the art and games since the Warcraft RTS games. Heck, even Vol'jin uses that gear:

Tribal, thematic, simple yet high quality
    Perfect!

/10char

And of course they will ruin it with Night Elves, totally sure about it
    i think this too...i d like warden armor or sentinel armor,but...only god know what they will do...
    Last edited by Capultro; 2020-01-09 at 04:07 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Meaningless to you maybe.
    I should have said "useless", not "meaningless", my bad.

Heritage sets are kinda expansion agnostic so I don't see why they would suddenly not do them.

As a Night Elf player, I still want a good set, because the half-finished piss gold and nearly pink purple sets don't do it for me. Comparing mail Forsaken, which is a fully realized set that has just about every piece of the body covered and a custom pants model to the Night Elf variant which has a good top-half but then just becomes painfully lifeless from the waist down makes for a disappointing exercise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Humans, night elves, orcs and undead effectively got heritage armor through Warfronts as those sets are distinctly tailored to those races.
    Heritage armor comes with a exclusive race quest that goes with the armor. Also the armor is exclusive. Humans, Orcs, Night elves, and undead should get it to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostPanini View Post
    Heritage armor comes with a exclusive race quest that goes with the armor. Also the armor is exclusive. Humans, Orcs, Night elves, and undead should get it to.
    That's a fair point. Or two, I guess.

If they make Night Elf heritage armor, I sadly expect it to be the Classic cinematic bikini armor. The one we see at Battle for Undercity, but maybe spruced up.

While that's cute and all and I'm not against exposed skin, I like heritage armor to be somewhat based on elite figures in the races' respective cultures. For Dwarves, we had Mountain Kings, for Blood Elves, Spellbreaker armor.

Gnome and Tauren.. uhh, I don't know, but the Gnome gear looks good, I guess?

What I'm getting at is that I'd like something similar to Warden armor. Maybe not exactly that, but a similar aesthetic. That, or something like

this. Especially the waistcloth that comes down to the ankles, nearly. We're lacking in good, 3D waist items.

its not like they put all we have at once, they are putting two sets of core races at time, so i think in shadowlands we get 2 sets each major patch again (+allied races if there will be any) so at the end of expansion were done with core races

Humans and orcs already got theirs back in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Humans and orcs already got theirs back in WoD.
    Humans can get something based on Anduin's/Varian's armor, Orcs can get a Doomhammer style set.