Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    I’ve seen this one thrown around quite a bit for some reason(including by reporters). Vrabel was not a coach in NE. And in fairness, he’s had both of his seasons finish 9-7. Credit where credit is due, his benching Mariota took balls. But being smart enough to get your offense to go through Henry doesn’t take a brain surgeon.

And McDaniels was a disaster in Denver. Having lived in Denver for a few years, I can tell you there isn’t a fan in that city that remembers the McDaniel era fondly.
    I honestly miss remembered McDaniels time in Denver to the point where i forgot he got fired before Tebows weird era. And the whole debacle with the Colts and yeah I think you can definitely say he belongs with the likes of Weis and Crennel in Belichicks aggressively mediocre coaching tree.

As for Vrabel, I knew he was never a coach for NE but he's probably considered a Belichick disciple given that he spent 4 years in a Belichickian laden staff in Houston (under Bill O'Brian and Crennel).

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Its been thirty years and plenty other medical procedures have advanced, I'm put off by the injury but there is a lot of evaluating between now and the draft to clarify things.
    What you say is true. I personally wouldn't take him in the 1st. I think there is too much risk involved. But that is me after all. I do agree that a few teams would take him in the top 10 for sure.

My understanding is that Tua's injury, while the same as Bo Jackson's, is not gonna be an issue. That it's treated differently, it was less severe, something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think the biggest issue I have with Vrabel is he's basically a rich man's Mike Mularkey. Mularkey went 9-7 his final two years in Tennessee with Mariota.
    "A rich man's Mularkey" is now someone's fantasy team name.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    "A rich man's Mularkey" is now someone's fantasy team name.
    Who actually retired yesterday interestingly enough.

Anyway time for my Championship Weekend Matchups AKA Divisional Round Picks.

Seattle @ San Francisco

Kansas City @ Baltimore

Marshawn Lynch is gonna go off for 50 rushing yards and 2 TDs against the Packers and that's the difference.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    So we have McCarthy. Looks like he's getting rid of Jon Kitna and Marc Columbo. Jeff Blasko and Joe Philbin will potentially be joining. Looks like everything's gonna change, not sure how it will work out.

For the 3rd straight year it looks like, a team that beats the Saints, gets stomped in the following round each time looking like they kind of don't belong there.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, most teams would look pretty bad against the Niners' defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Niners got beat by the Falcons though.. Not unbeatable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Niners got beat by the Falcons though.. Not unbeatable.
    I never bought the Vikings beating the 49ers to begin with. That Packers game wasn't a fluke, nor was the Bears game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    This is less how great the Niners are and more how bad the Vikings are. They have 1 win against a team with a winning record and almost set a record for fewest 1st downs and still kept it a lot closer than it should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    This is less how great the Niners are and more how bad the Vikings are. They have 1 win against a team with a winning record and almost set a record for fewest 1st downs and still kept it a lot closer than it should have been.
    Closer than it should have been? The Vikings got 7 first downs, 147 yards counting some garbage time drives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Closer than it should have been? The Vikings got 7 first downs, 147 yards counting some garbage time drives.
    And it was still 14-10 at halftime and 17-10 until the Niners got a short field off of an interception in the second half, which wasn't some great defensive play by Sherman but Cousins throwing the ball directly too him. The Niners had a lot of chances to pull away in the first half but couldn't. The Niners had a lot of throws that would have been turnovers if they were playing against a good secondary. Not every team is going to give you short fields off of bad QB throws and a muffed punt.

The fact that the Niners were destroying them in both time of possession and yards in the first half but were still only ahead by 4 points is something that should give the Niners cause for concern. The Vikings have one of the worst olines in the league and yet Cousins still had plenty of passes where he had plenty of time to throw the ball, but he's a bad QB when it matters. The Vikings defense was exhausted in the second half and they still did a good job of defending the run, a time when most teams are able to run all over a team when the time of possession difference is that large. The Niners needed two unforced turnovers to start to pull away in the second half.

Again, this is a team that beat 1 team with a winning record during the regular season, and that team was from easily the weakest division in the NFL this year. The Vikings are a bad team who looked a lot better than they really are because they beat up on a bunch of weak teams. This game really should have been closer to 44-10 or something like that, but the Niners made a lot of plays that normally lose you the game against better teams in the playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    "FUCK!"
    -me, when I saw Fouts instead of Romo

Ravens getting hit with some tough personal foul penalties.
    /s

Well, so far my prediction that Lamar Jackson wouldn't win the Super Bowl because he's getting the MVP trophy is ringing true.

15+ Year Old Account
    This game going exactly as we all expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Wow I cant believe what I just seen...

I think Ravens underestimated Ryan but too focused on Henry idk.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point.... are the Titans the favorite to come out of the AFC? Are we watching a Cinderella team?

Henry man this guy is a truck...

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    At this point.... are the Titans the favorite to come out of the AFC? Are we watching a Cinderella team?
    I rather see the Titans or Texans in the Super Bowl than either the Chiefs or Ravens.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code