Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    I mean it's not like there has been crazy amount of progress on this big scope of a game or anything... Guess non-developers will never understand how big projects work.
    Yeah sure just handwave the amount of years they've been at it and call it 'crazy amount of progress'. Like lol wut? That game isn't even close to releasing but that's okay, you're willing to wait X amount of years!

I mean it's not like there has been crazy amount of progress on this big scope of a game or anything... Guess non-developers will never understand how big projects work.
    Big projects actually get released.

For now this is more like an early access whale hunting factory with a third of a game attached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have any of you, star citizens, played No Mans Sky?
    Is it more accessible than SC to new players?
    I didnt really think of it for over 3 years because it had an awful launch but now it seems pretty decent
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    Havent touced the game since 2017-2018 (i think) does it run better now? Remember the space station lagged a lot

What does Crytek want from CIG?
    I remember Cryengine licence was $500k? Pay them another 500 and end this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    Havent touced the game since 2017-2018 (i think) does it run better now? Remember the space station lagged a lot
    On my end, the performance is better. I'm getting a pretty constant 45-60 FPS at 2560 x 1440 on a Radeon RX 580. Even when there are a lot of ships around Port Olisar, my framerate is smooth. However, if I'm on a planet (particularly Microtech with the dense forests and foliage, and ArcCorp with all of the buildings, or in a station populated by a lot of NPCs), then it can drop to the 30s and 20s.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I'm not a non developer. I've been coding software professionally since 97.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    I didnt really think of it for over 3 years because it had an awful launch but now it seems pretty decent
    Its insanely good now. Just check out the patch progress on https://www.nomanssky.com/ .

But NMS is not a space sim. You're not going to get that space pilot feel you get from SC or Elite Dangerous. SC and ED are serious about simulating space realistically. NMS, not so much. NMS is more like Starbound in 3D.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    i only played it during the alpha/beta they had. not my kinda game, too cartoony and not visceral enough for me. i also prefer MMOs of which NMS is not, but people say good things about it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    the game does have better performance but depending on your rig (you need an ssd, 16gb of ram and updated drivers) your mileage may vary. the game is somewhat unstable atm though due to the introduction of new server tech so i would wait until 3.8.1 and see how people like that patch before returning, but that's up to you, just remember the game is still in alpha.
    Last edited by Odeezee; 2020-01-23 at 12:04 AM.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    But I'm not a non developer. I've been coding software professionally since 97.
    If you work at any large development firm, things get pushed back all the time and of course, it is multiplied a billion fold for a company like RSI due the nature of the development and funding source. Hell even at a small studio that I used to work at (central London, focusing on PWAs) this would be common, especially when the project scope changed with additional features or core changes.

Basics of project scopes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Big projects actually get released.

For now this is more like an early access whale hunting factory with a third of a game attached.
    So would WoW be released if they kept adding expansions but not actually pressured to release the game?

This is the thing, this game has always had the risk of a severely delayed launch because of the nature of it. One you are looking at a crowdfunded game which means no pressure from investors and potential lawsuits and two, it has the freedom to keep expanding. The cost of that freedom and no-real deadline is what we have today, an unknown launch date.

Is that a problem? Well, unless you feel that you were lied to and ripped off then sure, but most of us understand and have had their moneys worth of playtime. Think of it as an investment in stock, it's unknown on the return, but it will keep climbing, or it could crash and burn. After all, this is a large game that is pushing the boundaries, it's not done in 4-5 years, more like 7-9.

It's an on-going project which you have internal access to. This is usually. They could have saved them self a year or two (forgot how long the engine change was).

-----

Again I just don't understand the hate, if you backed this then it's your own stupidity that has cost you for not using common sense. Clearly, those who have put $$$+ are happy with the game and for those who have put $$, oh well, less take aways and struggle for few weeks, boohoo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I'm assuming your a game developer then... ? Please do explain the non-dev pleb here how it works, honest request.

Also, can they actually even merge both games into one at this point? Aren't they selling Squadron 42 and SC apart? I guess they can tag it as some sort of DLC... but would that still count as 2 different things?
    See my replies above.

Also, can they actually even merge both games into one at this point?
    It's the same core ? Why would they need to?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah sure just handwave the amount of years they've been at it and call it 'crazy amount of progress'. Like lol wut? That game isn't even close to releasing but that's okay, you're willing to wait X amount of years!
    They have, look at the tech and details. Release date, 2-4 years yes. Again won't repeat my self, my reply is above if you care to read it. PS: Won't ever be released, just like WoW.... lol
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    If you work at any large development firm, things get pushed back all the time and of course, it is multiplied a billion fold for a company like RSI due the nature of the development and funding source. Hell even at a small studio that I used to work at (central London, focusing on PWAs) this would be common, especially when the project scope changed with additional features or core changes.

Basics of project scopes?
    Except your full of laughable shit right now.

I work at KPMG, maybe you've heard of us
    And have been working on multi billion dollar SAP and Peoplesoft integration and interfacing applications. My title is Sr Enterprise Developer Mgt. . .

You don't miss deadlines and push back development, and you sure as fuck dont increase the project scope of a large project at any fucking point during the development phase. Thats how you get fired. Do you have any idea how fucking stupid you sound right now? Im literally holding my hands up asking myself "what the fuck did I just read?".

But please kid, tell me more about the "Basics of project scope". As I'm PMBOK and SCRUM certified, I cant wait to read your explanation.

Thanks for proving to us all that you're not a real developer.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2020-01-15 at 07:43 PM.

It's the same core ? Why would they need to?
    Because of the current lawsuit with Crytek. They're pretty much screwed from a legal stand point in regards to this lawsuit if they release SQ42 as a standalone game, which is what they've been telling the public they would be doing.

For the to avoid that they would need to release SC and SQ42 as a package deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Except your full of laughable shit right now.

I work at KPMG, maybe you've heard of us
    And have been working on multi billion dollar SAP and Peoplesoft integration and interfacing applications. My title is Sr Enterprise Developer Mgt. . .

You don't miss deadlines and push back development, and you sure as fuck dont increase the project scope of a large project at any fucking point during the development phase. Thats how you get fired. Do you have any idea how fucking stupid you sound right now? Im literally holding my hands up asking myself "what the fuck did I just read?".

But please kid, tell me more about the "Basics of project scope". As I'm PMBOK and SCRUM certified, I cant wait to read your explanation.

Thanks for proving to us all that you're not a real developer.
    The scope of the game was changed with approval of the backers, the owner of the company can run it any way they wish, as soon as the scope of the game was changed all origional dates were made irrelevant. Game companies miss deadlines all the time and launch games in incomplete states. SC has a fraction of the staff that a large game company would have.

Star Citizen is not a standard practice game in development, its doing things that no other game has done or will be doing in the next few years at least, unless your a game developer on star citizen then it doesnt matter what development background you have as you have no clue on whats needed to make star citizen work, we can already see the ton of work been done to get to this point.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The scope of the game was changed with approval of the backers, the owner of the company can run it any way they wish, as soon as the scope of the game was changed all origional dates were made irrelevant. Game companies miss deadlines all the time and launch games in incomplete states. SC has a fraction of the staff that a large game company would have.
    And yet all the deadlines they missed (that they put out) AFTER changing the scope of the game...yeah that's okay too, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Star Citizen is not a standard practice game in development, its doing things that no other game has done or will be doing in the next few years at least, unless your a game developer on star citizen then it doesnt matter what development background you have as you have no clue on whats needed to make star citizen work, we can already see the ton of work been done to get to this point.
    You can just make this your signature as much as you love to spout off the 'no game has ever does this before' blah blah rhetoric.

And yet all the deadlines they missed (that they put out) AFTER changing the scope of the game...yeah that's okay too, right?

- - - Updated - - -

You can just make this your signature as much as you love to spout off the 'no game has ever does this before' blah blah rhetoric.
    if most of the backers really cared about missed deadlines then the game would not still be getting plenty of funding, many gamers like myself have been waiting for a more complete space game for a long time and Star Citizen is the only one delivering that currently. Your argument is 5 years out of date since no release dates were even mentioned much past the kickstarter after the game was changed.

You obviously don't like the truth when no game is even doing close to what SC is delivering, your just in this forum to troll and bump up your count since you have already said you have no plans on playing the game at all.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-01-15 at 11:21 PM.

if most of the backers really cared about missed deadlines then the game would not still be getting plenty of funding, many gamers like myself have been waiting for a more complete space game for a long time and Star Citizen is the only one delivering that currently. Your argument is 5 years out of date since no release dates were even mentioned much past the kickstarter after the game was changed.

You obviously don't like the truth when no game is even doing close to what SC is delivering, your just in this forum to troll and bump up your count since you have already said you have no plans on playing the game at all.
    Haha and how you are just handwaving the missed deadlines away because 'they still get funding'. And BULLSHIT they didn't have release dates after the kickstarter. Are you just being willfully ignorant here?

Delivering what exactly? An alpha shell of a game after how many years of being funded? Oh man I'm missing out.

And offtopic, drop the weak attempts at trying to call me a troll as if I care about a post count on a forum. It is like giving a flying fuck about reddit karma, it is a useless metric and does nothing. Also, it does not matter if I ever will or will not play the game, that changes NOTHING about what SC has said and done.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is SC any good? I've played the X-series of games and Elite Dangerous. Will I enjoy it?

Haha and how you are just handwaving the missed deadlines away because 'they still get funding'. And BULLSHIT they didn't have release dates after the kickstarter. Are you just being willfully ignorant here?

Delivering what exactly? An alpha shell of a game after how many years of being funded? Oh man I'm missing out.

And offtopic, drop the weak attempts at trying to call me a troll as if I care about a post count on a forum. It is like giving a flying fuck about reddit karma, it is a useless metric and does nothing. Also, it does not matter if I ever will or will not play the game, that changes NOTHING about what SC has said and done.
    Your the one being ignorant since there actually has been no release dates posted at all just rough estimates of the previous versions of the game that were going to be developed.

Your the very definition of a troll, just weak attempts to bad mouth a game in development or the people involved, with gamers like yourself is it any wonder why developers don't bother to take risks with games and why the gaming market is fairly stagnant currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    Is SC any good? I've played the X-series of games and Elite Dangerous. Will I enjoy it?
    watch some twitch streamers playing it to see if its something you would enjoy, its still in alpha but has the basics with mining, trading space combat, exploration, fps combat, missions that include boarding a ship and clearing npcs and drug running missions, also has a basic law system in place.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-01-16 at 03:51 AM.

Your the one being ignorant since there actually has been no release dates posted at all just rough estimates of the previous versions of the game that were going to be developed.

Your the very definition of a troll, just weak attempts to bad mouth a game in development or the people involved, with gamers like yourself is it any wonder why developers don't bother to take risks with games and why the gaming market is fairly stagnant currently.
    Oh brother, you are really doubling down on this aren't you. Even a 'rough estimate' is putting a release date on something. For example, when wow says the new expansion is due in 2020 they mean 2020, not 2023 and then announce a new date for it or some crap.

Again if you feel I'm a "troll" then report me to moderation. You are the one breaking forum rules by insinuating I'm a troll.

And yup gamers like me, you know just myself has a major influence on the gaming industry and the choices they make. I'm glad I wield such power.

Oh brother, you are really doubling down on this aren't you. Even a 'rough estimate' is putting a release date on something. For example, when wow says the new expansion is due in 2020 they mean 2020, not 2023 and then announce a new date for it or some crap.

Again if you feel I'm a "troll" then report me to moderation. You are the one breaking forum rules by insinuating I'm a troll.

And yup gamers like me, you know just myself has a major influence on the gaming industry and the choices they make. I'm glad I wield such power.
    It is you who is breaking forum rules, none of your posts have been constructive in anyway and your not even discussing the game at all, posting the same things over and over like a broken record, your intentionally posting things that are irrelevant, the last mentioned date was way back in 2015 when they were still increasing the game, its 2020 and your still going on about missed release dates from 4-5 years ago.

Gamers like you who are too impatiant to wait and then complain when the game is not what it should be, why are you wasting your time in here when you don't care about the game, you have never once discussed any of the games features as far as i have seen.