Poll: Burning Crusade in 2021?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

[speculation] Burning Crusade Servers in 2021

In my opinion Burning Crusade servers will release in 2021. WoW Classic's fastened cycle will mean an end late 2020. And with Blizzcon late 2020, I expect BC announcements followed by a release in 2020. What do you think? Vote in the poll!

Quote Originally Posted by visualdave View Post
    In my opinion Burning Crusade servers will release in 2021. WoW Classic's fastened cycle will mean an end late 2020. And with Blizzcon late 2020, I expect BC announcements followed by a release in 2020. What do you think? Vote in the poll!
    I think I fell for some linkbait.

Announcement in 2020. Release end 2022. Blizzard milk classic for all it's worth before CBC is released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

There is nothing left to milk in classic, it is a dried up piece of shit.

I don’t think TBC servers will ever happen, unless they actually have backups of the servers available and can just plant them into Classic.

Doing so would create an odd precedent of just where they’d draw a line in re-releasing old expansions.

Won't happen. Classic already dead.

It is an extremely stupid idea to waste resource on dead games, instead of improving current game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should edit the name. it makes it sound like it's fact not opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    It is an extremely stupid idea to waste resource on dead games, instead of improving current game.
    Except Classic caused the largest uptick in players in WoW history, which means they made TONS of money from Subs.

So... I guess if making tons of money for relatively little work, is stupid, sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Can we delete this shitty thread?

I don't really understand what's to be discussed here that hasn't already been discussed (to death) in any one of the already-existing threads on this subject. If BlizzCon is any indication, TBC is on the radar but they're waiting to see the long-term staying power of Classic before announcing additional expansions.

Life is the future not the past. The past is a cold dead thing, unchanging. Let it rest in peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    Except Classic caused the largest uptick in players in WoW history, which means they made TONS of money from Subs.

So... I guess if making tons of money for relatively little work, is stupid, sure.
    WoW is a subscription game and as such temporary bumps in player subscriptions aren't always the best indication of quality. Sustainability is far more important to Blizzard than a quick burst of millions of subscribers. If Blizzard was satisfied with simply the temporary surge that Classic brought to the game, I'm sure we would have heard them announce additional expansions at BlizzCon. Instead, we heard barely anything. To me, that tells me that they're still very concerned with how well Classic trends six-months-plus out and do not want to commit to additional products until they know that there's a reliable, easily sustainable audience for the content.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyE View Post
    There is nothing left to milk in classic, it is a dried up piece of shit.
    I don't know why I laughed so hard at this.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    By now it should be common knowledge that classic has its own completely isolated team. What happens in classic does not affect retail in any way. Blizzard stated that multiple times.

On Topic:
    The best course of action would be to follow through with it until WotLK, the most successful expansion and then stop there.

I'd say it's very likely. In February, BlackWing Lair will launch. Let's see how can this develop theorizing that each new phase will launch in 2-3 months from each other.

-Phase 4: launches between April and May.
    -Phase 5: launches between June and August.
    -Phase 6: launches between August and November.

So the end of Classic will launch around 2020 Blizzcon. I'd say it's a strong possibility that they announce Burning Crusade servers in said Con. That could be an oportunity to correct BC's biggest flaw: its crappy presentation trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I don’t think TBC servers will ever happen, unless they actually have backups of the servers available and can just plant them into Classic.

Doing so would create an odd precedent of just where they’d draw a line in re-releasing old expansions.
    it's not a matter of 'if' but 'when'
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought they were just releasing classic for the 15th anniversary. Maybe for the 20th you'll get TBC and then the 25th WOTLK

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Won't happen. Classic already dead.
    It's weird reading comments so out of touch with reality that it's frightening.
    We both know you're wrong, I'm just louder than your quiet conscious.

Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    it's not a matter of 'if' but 'when'
    Once again, if Blizzard's comments from BlizzCon are any indication, the question is still very much still 'if.'

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Sustainability is far more important to Blizzard than a quick burst of millions of subscribers.
    Wrong. A quick burst of millions of subs is a huge quarterly profit increase, which all investors want to see. Expect BC and WotLK launches during specific quarters (roughly two years apart) that the beancounters were otherwise predicting a massive drop in reveune (the beancounters know best, and they never even played the game).