Have they mentioned whether or not Bahamut SIN will make it into the remake? He had an awesome design. It'd be even cooler if, for the turn based classic mode, you could also control the summon ala FFX.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Have they mentioned whether or not Bahamut SIN will make it into the remake? He had an awesome design. It'd be even cooler if, for the turn based classic mode, you could also control the summon ala FFX.
    rather than ask for spoilers why go not look for them yourself?

And its final fantasy, of course it will have bahamut in it. And he'll most likely have a different design like he does every time they get to work on him with better tech
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

..problem with that is ..assuming the Midgar is like going to be a 20 hour experience on it self...and that's like the first 1/8th of the original game...we are a LOOONG way away before we even see Bahamut (Temple of the Ancients)

though we are getting summons early so never know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    rather than ask for spoilers why go not look for them yourself?

And its final fantasy, of course it will have bahamut in it. And he'll most likely have a different design like he does every time they get to work on him with better tech
    There were at least 3 different Bahamut summons in FFVII. Bahamut SIN (A mistranslation of Bahamut Shin, IIRC) was the one from the movie, Advent Children.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ..problem with that is ..assuming the Midgar is like going to be a 20 hour experience on it self...and that's like the first 1/8th of the original game...we are a LOOONG way away before we even see Bahamut (Temple of the Ancients)

That makes me wonder, is progress going to carry over between the games? Is it going to have Mass Effect style save transfers that carry over choices and equipment? That could lead to a truely epic final boss battle, where you don't have just one but THREE OR MORE games worth of grinding and gear when you face off against Sephiroth. When you are swinging for 9,999 before you even leave Midgar, just imagine what the Northern Crater will offer us.

Looks like it's just the original Bahamut. Sin I doubt will make it.

Neo Bahamut will likely be in the second game with Zero being in the third.

According to GameSpot, the demo won't be released until March 3rd, which is when the actual game comes out.
    Last edited by Asphyx22; 2020-01-09 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Looks like it's just the original Bahamut. Sin I doubt will make it.

Neo Bahamut will likely be in the second game with Zero being in the third.
    What if it's a promotion for the other games? If you've played Final Fantasy VII Remake, then when you find Bahamut in Remake-2, you will pick up Neo instead, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post

We already know you're getting stuff in midgar that you didn't get in the original game. Hell if you look at the leaks you might be re thinking ever comparing it to original game lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    According to GameSpot, the demo won't be released until March 3rd, which is when the actual game comes out.
    lol, how worthless that would be. Unless progress carries over to main game then I guess it's ok for people waiting on physical shipments to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not only is any difficulty non existent in FF15 he then praises FF12 combat which is literally set gambits and let the game play the game for you.
    FF12 struck the perfect balance between having AI companions that follow you into combat, while also giving you enough fine control over how that AI behaved that you never felt like letting the AI be in control was a burden. The system itself admitedly took a bit of experience to understand, but once you got over that initial hurdle it was a very versatile system.

In my opinion, they should have carried something similar over to FF 13 and 15 too. I find it highly frustrating having my effectiveness tied to NPC's that I have little to no influence over. I'm wary of FFVIIR for the same reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    That makes me wonder, is progress going to carry over between the games? Is it going to have Mass Effect style save transfers that carry over choices and equipment?
    I would have thought they'd treat it more like DLC content. Where you'd progress seamlessly from one game to the next without needing to close and reopen a different version or anything like that. The idea being that once all the parts are released, you can play through them as one uninterupted game.

That's an assumption on my part, but thats how I would do it if I were a lead on the game. Then again, Squenix do have quite a long history of making some quite frankly bizzare choices when it comes to their games and user friendlyness. I wouldn't put it past them to force you to change the discs to continue. Not because they wanted to preserve that old school PS1 era feeling, but because they're incompetant.

lol, how worthless that would be. Unless progress carries over to main game then I guess it's ok for people waiting on physical shipments to arrive.
    I just want to try the demo. I'm still holding off on watching the Youtube playthroughs on the off chance GameSpot is wrong, but that's just getting my hopes up haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    That makes me wonder, is progress going to carry over between the games?
    I'm still kinda hoping that there will actually only BE one game. We'll buy FFVIIR, and play through Midgar. Then pause. In 9 to 12 months they'll release the next section; say, Escape from Midgar up until Temple of the Ancients, as a digital only DLC. Then they'll release the final large chapter 9 to 12 months after that. Between those big releases (which will all by at LEAST 30 hours, just for the story, with maybe another 15 of filler content) they'll release smaller updates, much cheaper, but also much shorter. So, for instance Gold Saucer would be released on it's own. It would feature maybe 5 hours of story, and then a huge selection of minigames and other fun stuff, to help us kill time until the next big chapter.

I think a lot of people are forgetting the point of a demo. Here's a hint. It's NOT for people who have already bought the game and are impatient to play.

They already have our money, they don't need to win us over. They're releasing the demo on the same day as the game for all the undecided people. Then, they'll let them try out the first bombing run, and while theye're still all giddy from nostalgia, hit them with a "If you want to see more, why not buy the game... by clicking this button!" and watch as the gil flows in.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I think a lot of people are forgetting the point of a demo. Here's a hint. It's NOT for people who have already bought the game and are impatient to play.
    No, I think you miss the point because almost every game I can think of with a demo has the demo released before the game comes out. There is a hint for you my man.

Companies want day 1 sales, not day 100 sales when the game is 50% off. Demos almost always release before the game to build hype. What the hell is this post even lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why do you think it'd take 100 days for someone to decide to pick up the game after playing the demo?
    Games with demos- especially RPGs with demos almost always release the demo before the game. If you want to challenge that I suggest you do so, not try to goal post shift and pick a part an arbitrary number stated as an example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Companies want day 1 sales, not day 100 sales when the game is 50% off. Demos almost always release before the game to build hype. What the hell is this post even lmao.
    I'm talking about day 1 sales. They're releasing it on the same day so that people can play the demo, and then buy the game RIGHT AWAY as opposed to seeing "like the game? Preorder now, and get it next week!"

FFVIIR doesn't need hype. It's already one of the most hyped games in recent memory. They don't need to build much more.

What they NEED to do, is find those people that are aware of the game, but are unsure of the new combat system... Then hit them with a strong demo and end it with "Buy now, before you overthink!". Which is exactly what they're doing.

A lot of people are saying "come on! I've already ordered the game, I deserve a demo!" which is, quite frankly, bullshit. That's NOT what demos are for. Demos have NEVER been to scratch the itch of people who have already ordered the game and want to play early. They're to try and win over undecided buyers.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

I'm talking about day 1 sales. They're releasing it on the same day so that people can play the demo, and then buy the game RIGHT AWAY as opposed to seeing "like the game? Preorder now, and get it next week!"

FFVIIR doesn't need hype. It's already one of the most hyped games in recent memory. They don't need to build much more.

What they NEED to do, is find those people that are aware of the game, but are unsure of the new combat system... Then hit them with a strong demo and end it with "Buy now, before you overthink!". Which is exactly what they're doing.

A lot of people are saying "come on! I've already ordered the game, I deserve a demo!" which is, quite frankly, bullshit. That's NOT what demos are for. Demos have NEVER been to scratch the itch of people who have already ordered the game and want to play early. They're to try and win over undecided buyers.
    ah yes that all mighty casual market that is just waiting for more combat gameplay before pre-ordering.

Get real. The hardcores have already pre-ordered and the casuals will buy it on good word of mouth once it releases
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    ah yes that all mighty casual market that is just waiting for more combat gameplay before pre-ordering.

Get real. The hardcores have already pre-ordered and the casuals will buy it on good word of mouth once it releases
    I mean... yeah. That's exactly what a demo is for. I don't really see what point you're tryng to make here?

You say "The hardcores have already pre-ordered" as if that's not exactly what I said in my post...

Not only is any difficulty non existent in FF15 he then praises FF12 combat which is literally set gambits and let the game play the game for you.

Granted combat typically isn't the high point of any FF game but FFXV and FFXII are up there for the worst and most mindless combat systems in the series. The freaking tutorial level gameplay we have seen from FFVIIR is already better then that trash.
    I have to agree 100%. FF12 and FF15 were not fun combat systems to me and I do also agree that FF isn't really known for having great combat systems (barring tactics).

FFX is basically the pinnacle of turn based FF combat, and IMHO it's the BARE MINIMUM of what turn based should be. I'm excited for the combat changes. I just hope the pacing/growth of it and it's combination with Materia makes sense. If it's some weird situation where the one style is 95% of the time the right choice, and you can just casually mash to win I'll be disappointed.

I liked FF12's combat. It was one of the most indepth battle systems in the mainline franchise, the difference being that most of the strategy is moved into the pre-battle preparation phase as you set up your gambits for the fight. It's a logic puzzle.

My favorite combat system, ofcourse, is FFX. It's true turn based combat, and it's so fun!
    • I love how each character has different speed stats and you can see a list of who will act when.
    • I love the QTE limit breaks/Overdrives (I wish they implemented QTEs for basic attacks, like Xenogear's Death Blows or Legend of Dragoon's additions. Just keep the basic attack QTEs short and save the long combos for the limit breaks. What about timed blocks, like from Super Mario RPG?).
    • You can switch party members in and out during battle.
    • Monster design encouraged you to use every character. Flying enemies are out of reach for the melee characters (there is a hit chance), so they can only be hit by magic or by Wakka's blitzball. Agile enemies like wolves and lizards will dodge the attacks of slower moving characters (again, not always but a high miss chance), so you need to use a fast character like Tidus. Magical enemies have high defense, so you want to bring out Lulu to nuke them with elemental magic. Due to the sphere grid, it is possible to later stack up any character's accuracy or magic stat enough so that they can reliably kill any monster. Tidus' sword will bounce off armored enemies, but Auron can shatter the armor, allowing everyone else to attack Sadly, the idea of enemy types is dropped shortly after Auron joins your party. (IDEA: What if enemy types were combined? What if you had to defeat the types of protection in sequence? What if the armor reflected magic, so you couldn't just use Yuna/Lulu?)
    • Rather than summons simply acting as spells with long cutscenes, this time around summoning actually summons a monster you can control! (IDEA: wouldn't it have been cool if rather than a summon replacing the whole party, the summon instead replaced Yuna [she could still stand in the back giving order to the summon] and fought alongside your two other party members? That way, Yuna could fill in any role by summoning whichever Aeon was needed, be it a tank, a healer, buffer/debuffer, damage, accurate enough to hit flying enemies, fast, armor breaker, etc. However, having the summon replace the party gives players the option to use a summon to tank damage for a few turns).

I really hope FFXVI has true, turn based combat. No real time button smashing, no ATB system where you are incentivized to just button smash because doing something is better than doing nothing while you contemplate the best move (though ATB is preferable to action combat).
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-01-10 at 08:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope FFXVI has true, turn based combat. No real time button smashing, no ATB system where you are incentivized to just button smash because doing something is better than doing nothing while you contemplate the best move (though ATB is preferable to action combat).
    Hate to say it, but if VIIR is a success, I think it's safe to say that we'll be gettiing versions of this combat system for at least XVI, if not further.

They'll obviously change the extras, like Materia/magic/summons. But, yeah. The basic attack systems will probably be the same.

Assuming VIIR is a success, of course.

Hate to say it, but if VIIR is a success, I think it's safe to say that we'll be gettiing versions of this combat system for at least XVI, if not further.

They'll obviously change the extras, like Materia/magic/summons. But, yeah. The basic attack systems will probably be the same.

Assuming VIIR is a success, of course.
    IX was the last main line FF game that they did this for. Ever since then every FF game has had a unique combat system for that game. I wouldn't expect XVI anytime soon(due to VIIR sequels) and I also wouldn't expect it to have a combat system similar to this at all.

You can't say they will stick to something if it's a success because X, XIII and XV where all successful if we're talking sales and they didn't stick with those combat systems. Hell X's sequel didn't even keep it's conditional turn based system and went to an ATB job based one lol.