View Poll Results: Who's going to win the Ryal Rumble?

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • Brock Lesnar

2 11.11%
  • Roman Reigns

1 5.56%
  • A.J Styles

0 0%
  • Erick Rowan

0 0%
  • Randy Orton

0 0%
  • Rey Mysterio

0 0%
  • Ricochet

0 0%
  • Drew McIntyre

4 22.22%
  • Shinsuke Nakamura

0 0%
  • Matt Riddle

1 5.56%
  • Bobby Lashley

0 0%
  • Rusev

1 5.56%
  • Keith Lee

1 5.56%
  • Finn Balor

0 0%
  • Pete Dunne

0 0%
  • Braun Strowman

1 5.56%
  • Andrade

0 0%
  • Seth Rollins

0 0%
  • Edge

2 11.11%
  • Other

5 27.78%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Reigns came back nearly an year ago now. Right around this time last year, he was only a few months off. He's been getting decent reactions recently. If anything, Seth Rollins has been shit on by the fan base thanks to being an arrogant company boot lick on social media.
    I thought it was because SR vs fiend in HiaC was one of the worst matches in the history of WWE. It's like someone wanted to lose fans and ratings and wanted to bury both men, from a business PoV that match made no fucking sense, it was literally the worst shit i've seen and I've seen recent RAW's that involve 5 fucking squash matches!

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    I thought it was because SR vs fiend in HiaC was one of the worst matches in the history of WWE. It's like someone wanted to lose fans and ratings and wanted to bury both men, from a business PoV that match made no fucking sense, it was literally the worst shit i've seen and I've seen recent RAW's that involve 5 fucking squash matches!
    That too, but they did rectify it with The Fiend eventually getting the win and the title. Rollins has been an insufferable WWE brown nose on twitter, bragging about how much he makes while putting down other guys like Will Oespray and Kenny Omega. That hasn't sat well with the fan base that cares, and they make their dislike for the man known live in the arenas.

AL Snow of coarse.

Reigns came back nearly an year ago now. Right around this time last year, he was only a few months off. He's been getting decent reactions recently. If anything, Seth Rollins has been shit on by the fan base thanks to being an arrogant company boot lick on social media.
    Good for Reigns, I somewhat blame him for being pretty boring with his characters, but it's not his fault the company made him the master of everything while not being entertaining to watch.

How is Shinsuke doing, he comes off as the new "Jericho" to me. Incredibly talented but the company isn't likely to give him runs or long runs... I know Jericho won the championship a few times, but I feel he was always the "your favorite wrestlers favorite wrestler" type of guy. He had hardcore fans, but he wasn't exactly loved by the usual suspects in the crowd. But WWE could ask him to do anything and he would do it and excel at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Never really got what was so "exciting" about WWE events. The winner has already been determined.
    No different than any other Professional Sport, if you think that shit isn't determined before hand your crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post

How is Shinsuke doing,
    Nothing like Jericho, apparently he's happy not taking huge bumps on his neck like in new japan also he gets to spend more time with his family while getting paid well.

Good for Reigns, I somewhat blame him for being pretty boring with his characters, but it's not his fault the company made him the master of everything while not being entertaining to watch.

How is Shinsuke doing, he comes off as the new "Jericho" to me. Incredibly talented but the company isn't likely to give him runs or long runs... I know Jericho won the championship a few times, but I feel he was always the "your favorite wrestlers favorite wrestler" type of guy. He had hardcore fans, but he wasn't exactly loved by the usual suspects in the crowd. But WWE could ask him to do anything and he would do it and excel at it.
    Vince dropped the ball with Nakamura big time because he doesn't know how to push wrestlers who don't speak English fluently. He always makes them the typical heel foreigner even though his charisma speaks more than most guys can cut promos. At this point, Nakamura wishes he got the same treatment Jericho got his first couple years. Jericho was an unselfish worker so he laid down for anyone and was always cooperative, but Vince always liked him and they had a good working relationship; Vince always rewarded Jericho, first with the first ever Undisputed Champion accolade, and several more World title reigns later. At 36 years old or so, he might a a bit older, I'll be surprised if Nakamura ever holds the WWE title, which is a shame considering he may be the most over Japanese wrestler in history, and arguably, the most over NXT Champion ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    AL Snow of coarse.
    I see you like head.

Women's match the winner is obviously going to be Shayna Bazler (Obvious and correct choice imo)

Men's I picked other now Brock is in it but for some reason, Vince decided not to book it with his title on the line. My pick for Rumble 2020 is Cain Velasquez as a means to bring about Lesnar/Velasquez 2 (well 2 in WWE terms).

- - - Updated - - -

Vince dropped the ball with Nakamura big time because he doesn't know how to push wrestlers who don't speak English fluently. He always makes them the typical heel foreigner even though his charisma speaks more than most guys can cut promos. At this point, Nakamura wishes he got the same treatment Jericho got his first couple years. Jericho was an unselfish worker so he laid down for anyone and was always cooperative, but Vince always liked him and they had a good working relationship; Vince always rewarded Jericho, first with the first ever Undisputed Champion accolade, and several more World title reigns later. At 36 years old or so, he might a a bit older, I'll be surprised if Nakamura ever holds the WWE title, which is a shame considering he may be the most over Japanese wrestler in history, and arguably, the most over NXT Champion ever.
    Stupid thing is Nakamura is 100% fluent in English, Vince just doesn't like the accent and always falls into evil foreigner mode. There's an UUDD video where he's with Asuka and Austin Creed (aka Xavier Woods) where he even states he finds it easier to talk to Asuka in English because of her thick Osakan accent.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a Jericho podcast with Moxley (Dean Ambrose) where they talk about Roman, the TL : DR of it is that Roman just didn't know how to get Vince's ideas through to the fans because Vince's ideas were outright stupid. Mox called back to the "Sufferin Succotash." incident where before Roman went out there he was pretty much beside himself asking Mox to help him with somehow making the phrase get over as cool to a modern audience.

*edited* oops, my mistake, it's open to NXT wrestlers as well.

Edited again to add: Keith Lee vs. Brock Lesnar would be interesting.
    Last edited by Dwarfhamster; 2020-01-09 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Women's match the winner is obviously going to be Shayna Bazler (Obvious and correct choice imo)

Men's I picked other now Brock is in it but for some reason, Vince decided not to book it with his title on the line. My pick for Rumble 2020 is Cain Velasquez as a means to bring about Lesnar/Velasquez 2 (well 2 in WWE terms).

- - - Updated - - -

Stupid thing is Nakamura is 100% fluent in English, Vince just doesn't like the accent and always falls into evil foreigner mode. There's an UUDD video where he's with Asuka and Austin Creed (aka Xavier Woods) where he even states he finds it easier to talk to Asuka in English because of her thick Osakan accent.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a Jericho podcast with Moxley (Dean Ambrose) where they talk about Roman, the TL : DR of it is that Roman just didn't know how to get Vince's ideas through to the fans because Vince's ideas were outright stupid. Mox called back to the "Sufferin Succotash." incident where before Roman went out there he was pretty much beside himself asking Mox to help him with somehow making the phrase get over as cool to a modern audience.
    I did hear he speaks very good English, but Vince doesn't consider it fluent if it's with an accent, unless you're from a Hispanic background. Carlito and Eddie Guerrero actually spoke without an accent but he liked them to force an accent.

And I agree, Shayna is the absolute correct choice to win the women's Rumble. She surpassed all expectations with her program at Survivor Series with Becky and Bayley, and for someone who Vince never wanted to use on the main roster an year ago due to her age and look, she left her mark.

I did hear Cain/Brock is off the table as far as Wrestlemania plans go, though. I'm guessing he's too green even for Vince and not someone they'll build the company around, just a name whose notoriety they can market for big time matches.

- - - Updated - - -

I see you like head.
    Who doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    No different than any other Professional Sport, if you think that shit isn't determined before hand your crazy.
    You could at least go with the sane response that it's all about the story and in movies you know that the heroes will win in the end as well usually - you know instead of the petulant conspiracy theory.

As for the topic.. I just realized that I don't know a single name on that roster. I guess that is what happens after 20 years of not giving a shit. I guess Jericho somewhat still rings a bell, only ever had contact to the scene via the games I used play with my buddies.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-01-10 at 02:14 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You could at least go with the sane response that it's all about the story and in movies you know that the heroes will win in the end as well usually - you know instead of the petulant conspiracy theory.

As for the topic.. I just realized that I don't know a single name on that roster. I guess that is what happens after 20 years of not giving a shit. I guess Jericho somewhat still rings a bell, only ever had contact to the scene via the games I used play with my buddies.
    You're not familiar with Edge? He was having great tag team leader matches in the Attitude Era with Christian, the Dudleys and the Hardy's. And Rey Mysterio was also pretty relevant over in WCW if you watched that.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Never really got what was so "exciting" about WWE events. The winner has already been determined.
    Like UFC.

I choose Jake the Snake. Hopefully he's not dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Like UFC.

I choose Jake the Snake. Hopefully he's not dead.
    He's not, actually he's further away from it now than he was 10 years ago thanks to DDP Yoga.

He's not, actually he's further away from it now than he was 10 years ago thanks to DDP Yoga.
    DDP is a living saint when it comes to how he has saved so many lives with Yoga. By all accounts Jake and Hall should be dead by now with their demons. But Paige saved them both and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    DDP is a living saint when it comes to how he has saved so many lives with Yoga. By all accounts Jake and Hall should be dead by now with their demons. But Paige saved them both and others.
    Scott Hall and Jake Roberts definitely might not be alive today if not for DDP. To be honest, I'm surprised they didn't go, some have passed from much less abuse than those two did. I guess it wasn't their time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drew eliminates Brock to set up a match and Roman wins to go on to face Bray. That's my guesses at least.

Maybe recent history, but Inoki will always be the most over Japanese wrestler. He is the Hogan of Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Drew eliminates Brock to set up a match and Roman wins to go on to face Bray. That's my guesses at least.

Maybe recent history, but Inoki will always be the most over Japanese wrestler. He is the Hogan of Japan.
    Good point. Okada is also reaching some legendary status and he isn't burdened by horrible WWE booking. When it's all said and done, Okada might end up having the better career just because Nakamura spent several years jerking the curtain over on SmackDown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Just like professional boxing.
    Haha good one. It can always be thrown off the rails if someone gets knocked out, though.