Poll: What do you prefer, Classic+ or BC Servers?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    TBC seems the only way forward. Folks playing Classic sometimes can't even agree on what version of Classic they want (case in point: Alterac Valley), you'll never get them to agree on what changes should be made to Classic, and I doubt Blizzard is willing to open that can of worms.

Much easier to just release TBC in 2-3 years. And if it means I can eventually play a Wrath server, so much the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    TBC seems the only way forward. Folks playing Classic sometimes can't even agree on what version of Classic they want (case in point: Alterac Valley), you'll never get them to agree on what changes should be made to Classic, and I doubt Blizzard is willing to open that can of worms.

Much easier to just release TBC in 2-3 years. And if it means I can eventually play a Wrath server, so much the better.
    WoW's impossible-to-please playerbase is precisely the reason the only way forward for Blizzard is potentially TBC servers with the introduction of resetting Seasonal Classic servers and the option to move a character from a non-Seasonal server to a TBC server.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Then, don't do arenas or don't grind the flying mounts, it's pretty simple mate.
    And that will somehow prevent Blizzard from balancing PvP around arenas and pull other players down to the ground when I want to fight them?

Burning Crusade, let the clunky Classic WoW finally die a death after everyone and their granny clears Naxx and move on imo.

I'm not interested in TBC. I hate flying mounts. I recently tried the beta test of a Vanilla+ server and the talent changes make every spec more viable, it has increased my enjoyment by a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Oh yeah resilience sure lets go back to that trash.
    It was better when PvP gear came from PvP and PvE gear came from PvE. The fact that some gear was still pretty good from PvP enticed PvE players to participate in PvP... Now they just turn off Warmode.. and so does half the so called PvP players.

Why is wotlk not on the poll?

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Why is wotlk not on the poll?
    It's rolled into the TBC option
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Quote Originally Posted by Zarator8 View Post
    If you really didn't know anything about BT, how would you know what to do if you turned into a ghost on Teron Gorefiend? Or if you got Attraction on Mother Sharaz? Or Parasites on Illidan? Either your raid was incredibly lucky or your story is flat out false
    I love how you hit the reply with quote button, but clearly didnt read the post. They said the person had zero experience on that CLASS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    Classic+

I have no interest in TBC whatsoever. I hate arenas and flying more than anything else in this game, so no thanks.
    What makes you assume Classic+ wont introduce flying and arenas?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Give me my BElf Paladin and Draenei Shaman. Give me LFG that doesn't involve me sitting in a capital watching two chat channels like a hawk.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What makes you assume Classic+ wont introduce flying and arenas?
    Well the rebuilt the entire world to accommodate flying in cataclysm. You can probably put flying up as one of the most unlikely things to happen in classic. Does not represent the experience nor is the world built for it.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Classic+ has too high a chance of screwing up, since I HIGHLY doubt tje current dev team understands what made classic good. Retail is a train wreck, and I'd much rather get the known quantity and quality of TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of Classic+, like I don't get it. The reason Classic is good is because of nostalgia. If you want modern WoW you got Retail, a "hybrid" makes no one happy.

Classic feels archaic, if I am going to be honest in this thread.

I enjoy the experience, but so many things were broken. It was a game finding itself. TBC was where things finally started to become refined. It was truly an exciting expansion because it introduced a lot of concepts that were abandoned later, such as many hybrids being 'support' classes designed to boost other players' damage more than their own. We just don't have anything like that anymore, and never will again.

Karazhan remains one of my favorite raids of all time, too.

Edit: I thought we were talking about normal classic. What is classic+ supposed to be? I don't know what that would entail nor am I sure that would be a good idea... I'm not against it, but I'm not for it either. I'd rather just have TBC (or WotLK) servers.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I love how you hit the reply with quote button, but clearly didnt read the post. They said the person had zero experience on that CLASS.
    Apologies about that, but still... what does it have to do with the difficulty of the raid? If anything, one thing I liked about TBC, compared to expansions that came after that, is that TBC has a comparative lack of complex rotations and class mechanics. With only a few exceptions, you can pretty much pick up any class and learn to use it easily. The classes themselves are intuitive and straightforward, and the difficulty of the game comes from the actual fights rather than your own class. That's a good thing, IMO. I never liked, for example, how in WotLK the rotations of certain specs like Enha Shamans and Affli Warlocks were harder than entire boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Classic+ has too high a chance of screwing up, since I HIGHLY doubt tje current dev team understands what made classic good. Retail is a train wreck, and I'd much rather get the known quantity and quality of TBC.
    Nah, the issue are players, because no one can agree on what Classic+ would be. Besides, the idea is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    Nah, the issue are players, because no one can agree on what Classic+ would be. Besides, the idea is dumb.
    The players need not agree on what would make "good" Classic+ content, so long as the WoW devs made something that was similar quality to the content of the era, with similar themes. Sure, a few might QQ as always, but at the end of the day most Classic players would play it and be glad to see something new.

But given the time investment required to develop completely new and original content vs just releasing existing TBC content, I really doubt Classic+ would ever make it past the drawingboard.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The players need not agree on what would make "good" Classic+ content, so long as the WoW devs made something that was similar quality to the content of the era, with similar themes. Sure, a few might QQ as always, but at the end of the day most Classic players would play it and be glad to see something new.

But given the time investment required to develop completely new and original content vs just releasing existing TBC content, I really doubt Classic+ would ever make it past the drawingboard.
    The point is, what should be Classic+? Should every new zone and raid be classified as part of a Bronze Dragonflight testing and, therefore, non-canon? What kind of gear should they include? Maybe doing a catch-up raid for 20 people that gives gear similar to AQ? Having gear pieces that are upgrades of utility ones like Nightfall or Smoking Heart of the Mountain? Removing the debuff slot limit? Updating talents and spells, so we can have viable arcane missiles mages, tank paladins or dps shamans? And, what if they add a raid that drops gear stronger than those pieces in Naxxramas? How would that affect PvP balance? Would they release new PvP gear with pseudo-resilience (something like "decreases damage you recieve from enemies of your level or less by X%") to balance it out? A new battleground? New world PvP objectives?

At what point would Classic+ stop feeling like Classic and more like a custom private server of BC or WotLK? Also, don't you think people would start asking for pure Classic servers again, before expansion or Classic+?

That's what I said it's an idea than cannot work.
    Last edited by Arakakao; 2020-01-16 at 05:17 PM.

If by Classic+ you mean meaningful content besides maybe small pieces of gear or QoL changes to make things less of a burden on end game content? I'd imagine that won't come until the end of TBC servers or the end of WotLK servers. So TBC is going to come first, obviously, and I voted for that.