Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Welp, sword and shield are getting an season pass for dlc that seems a little suspect. Like remember the poison gym leader uniform you could buy in shops in the base game? they showed concept art of a 'dojo trainer' wearing it. Plus since its set on islands and galar lacked any sea routes i'm not going to be surprised if down the line this gets revealed to be cut content thats being sold to double dip on the game.
    whats the difference between "cut content" being sold as ultra sword and shield and a season pass?

at least this way it costs as much as an old third version rather than 60x 2 again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So you can only use the new pokemon if you have the expansion pass or pay the home sub. On cart Paywalledmons. What a time we live in.
    you mean like how you would either have to pay for bank or trade with someone to obtain pokemon in oras that werent in x and y?

did you expect them to add the 200 pokemon to already existing routes?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It is a hub actually.
    It's really not. Especially in terms of general video game hubs. You know this, I know this, and it's just a pointless debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That isn't a hub.

Nor is it great either, since it will still show you groups that need only a tank when you play a class that can only heal or DPS. It's a mishmosh that's community managed basically
    It is still thousand times better than game freak's bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It is still thousand times better than game freak's bullshit.
    I mean, not a high bar, but it's still not as terrible as you're making it sound. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's definitely not unusable.

A hub can be a location OR an interface that gives access to a specific activity. Why are you trying to claim different?
    Because then congratz, we have an ingame hub already! Do you really, REALLY not see the issue here

Yeah, you’re upset that you didn’t understand the definition of a hub when it comes to video games. I don’t have shit as I never found pokemon interesting enough to play after trying it on my cousin’s copy of blue.
    I can't make this anymore blatant.

Read context. Don't just hop in for a failed "GOTCHA WITH SEMANTICS" moment.

Lahis was saying the current system is a failure, and that they should implement a hub.

No matter what way you want to slice it, that is already disregarding what is currently in game which works practically like a poor man's version of the WoW group finder that he used as an example.

By saying "implement a hub", you're insinuating that there ISN'T one, because certainly you can't list a possible fix as something that is already there. Maybe if the wording was something like "Improve the hub"

So, if you're going to ask for a hub to be implemented, and then pull up an example being what is already in game, then either you're admitting there's already a hub in game or that the feature being asked for doesn't function as a hub in the context that is being described.

Another perspective of view would be far more simple.
    Google "Video game hub". Look at the examples. What's our topic at hand? That's right, video games. And a vast majority of the examples are locations that are considered hubs. Not menus.

I'm not wasting anymore time on this because honestly it's a pointless argument that's pretty simple to see and I'm not getting sucked further into your attempts to just come in and start debates over the most minor nitpicks.

I have literally never had an issue with online raids except for them being full.

That sounds like it might just been an issue on your end, with and without locks, none of my online raids have had issues.
    I have never had a full raid. Every time I try to join one, it always says "cannot find lobby host" or some other issue. I would consider it maybe being a me issue if it wasn't such a wide spread and well known issue. Just a quick google search found me the answers. People only go for 1 or 2 specific pokemon in a raid battle. If its not those, good luck. Second, some were using cheap tricks to try to farm a den, so there would be those empty lobbies with people trying to game the system

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The wild area is the most innovative thing theyve ever done and to iterate on it instead of scrap it for 20 second linear routes is good. I liked usum better but only because i thought sm were horrid in the first place so that isnt saying much. Im so glad i pirated gen 7
    Most innovative thing they've ever done? Not even close. Pokebank is the most innovative thing they have done for pokemon main series games. If you want an in game feature that is innovative, an amazing feature was being able to dive in ruby/sapphire. Pokemon following you was also an amazing feature that people still, to this day, clamor over and want re added to the game.

The wild area is nothing new. Mega forms were the first form change. Shaking grass was the first den type mechanic to look for a specific Pokemon with better then normal stats and abilities. The only different thing max raid battles do is let you battle with others against a wild pokemon, when that works that is. Seeing other players was done just last gen in your plaza. The wild area is basically 3 different features thrown into one.

- - - Updated - - -

A hub so you have to keep leaving the wild zone to check instead of just checking randomly while looking at your own raids?
    That would be extremely inconvenient.
    Or, you know, they could literally do what they did in X/Y and have it refresh much more often then once every 15 minutes so you Might get to participate in a max raid battle and might actually find others doing something. X/Y already had a Much better stamp system in place. So we know they can make a working system that is suprior to the stamp system in every way, they just don't. There is no reason I can see 10+ people sitting at the den and can't join any of them.

Problem solved right here: Let me click on one of the 10+ people sitting at the spawn and join the party they are hosting! It isn't rocket science. Its that easy. No stamp system needed. Just let me join one of the people right in front of me clearly looking for partners for a raid.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2020-01-10 at 07:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I have never had a full raid. Every time I try to join one, it always says "cannot find lobby host" or some other issue. I would consider it maybe being a me issue if it wasn't such a wide spread and well known issue. Just a quick google search found me the answers. People only go for 1 or 2 specific pokemon in a raid battle. If its not those, good luck. Second, some were using cheap tricks to try to farm a den, so there would be those empty lobbies with people trying to game the system

- - - Updated - - -

Most innovative thing they've ever done? Not even close. Pokebank is the most innovative thing they have done for pokemon main series games. If you want an in game feature that is innovative, an amazing feature was being able to dive in ruby/sapphire. Pokemon following you was also an amazing feature that people still, to this day, clamor over and want re added to the game.

The wild area is nothing new. Mega forms were the first form change. Shaking grass was the first den type mechanic to look for a specific Pokemon with better then normal stats and abilities. The only different thing max raid battles do is let you battle with others against a wild pokemon, when that works that is. Seeing other players was done just last gen in your plaza. The wild area is basically 3 different features thrown into one.

- - - Updated - - -

Or, you know, they could literally do what they did in X/Y and have it refresh much more often then once every 15 minutes so you Might get to participate in a max raid battle and might actually find others doing something. X/Y already had a Much better stamp system in place. So we know they can make a working system that is suprior to the stamp system in every way, they just don't. There is no reason I can see 10+ people sitting at the den and can't join any of them.

Problem solved right here: Let me click on one of the 10+ people sitting at the spawn and join the party they are hosting! It isn't rocket science. Its that easy. No stamp system needed. Just let me join one of the people right in front of me clearly looking for partners for a raid.
    Yes, a fully rendered 3d environment with pokemon on the field, dynamic weather and a fully function camera is more innovative than using an hm to turn the route blue. The fuck?

I can't speak for any cheap tricks that would leave empty lobbies, as the only way I know to "game the system" with lobbies can easily be done in offline mode in a faster method.

But again, I've never had that issue personally. It's possible it's just people delisting as soon as they put it up and you're just getting really unlucky with it.

Honestly have no idea where this "Once every 15 minutes" rumor is coming from. Google is showing that it refreshes every time you take part of anything online, whether starting a mystery trade or you can even start a linked battle with a code and it will constantly refresh while it searches.

Which seems about right, I was sitting right next to my girlfriend, posted a raid and it instantly popped up for her while she was mystery trading.

You literally said an interface can’t be a hub... that was the context I was responding to. Grow up kiddo, I was simply pointing out an honest mistake. No need to get butt hurt.
    Again, stop hopping into conversations midway just for a failed "gotcha!" moment. No one here is upset but you trying to cling to some sense of superiority that doesn't exist, like we've already seen with your interactions with Jt over the Gamestop issue with shrink wrap.

Because nowhere did I say "An interface can't be a hub". Re-read. I said one situation isn't a hub, especially since if that IS being considered a hub by Lahis, congratz, there's already a hub in game.

Yes, a fully rendered 3d environment with pokemon on the field, dynamic weather and a fully function camera is more innovative than using an hm to turn the route blue. The fuck?
    We had weather already, as well as dynamic day / night cylces. They just got rid of them and confined them to 1 area. A moving camera isn't innovative, its been done in so many other games. 3d pokemon was out in pokemon lets go, and 3d enviroments in x/y

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly have no idea where this "Once every 15 minutes" rumor is coming from. Google is showing that it refreshes every time you take part of anything online, whether starting a mystery trade or you can even start a linked battle with a code and it will constantly refresh while it searches.
    Problem is, unless you're starting trades to force it to refresh, then its not refreshing on its own. You have to do something online to force it to refresh, otherwise, it doesn't do so. That is a flaw since if I am looking for max raid battles, I am not going on and off line over and over just to force the system to refresh.

You also must be lucky, or they fixed something, because there are a lot of complaints about people being unable to even find someone who is right beside them irl to do a max raid battle with.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

We had weather already, as well as dynamic day / night cylces. They just got rid of them and confined them to 1 area. A moving camera isn't innovative, its been done in so many other games. 3d pokemon was out in pokemon lets go, and 3d enviroments in x/y.
    X/Y was 3D models moving over a 2D plane. It would be like calling the Link's Awakening remake a 3D Zelda game because it has 3D models now lmao.

We had weather already, as well as dynamic day / night cylces. They just got rid of them and confined them to 1 area. A moving camera isn't innovative, its been done in so many other games. 3d pokemon was out in pokemon lets go, and 3d enviroments in x/y
    Weather was always stationary as far as I recall. If it's raining on a route, it will always be raining there.

Now it could be raining and there's lotads, or it could be snowing and there's Delibirds. Where's all the people who love immersion to defend this?

I don't understand why you're looking at Pokemon in isolation rather than realizing they're accumulating things and improving with each game. Are they perfect, no.
    But I would honestly say anyone trying to say Sw/Sh are trash are just doing it to overreact.

Also, mind you, there's obvious proof right in your face that the implementation of the wild area was just step one, since both DLC parts are based new wild areas to explore. Which is great, the more they expand and improve the wild area the better. I always disliked the "Follow this route, follow it, follow it!" approach that was so linear. The wild area at least gives some sense of exploration, some "What's around that corner this time?".

If only people realized it's basically the building blocks to an open world Pokemon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its taken them over 20 years to put in a movable camera so yes, its the most innovative thing theyve done. I really cant believe you said dive was.

Problem is, unless you're starting trades to force it to refresh, then its not refreshing on its own. You have to do something online to force it to refresh, otherwise, it doesn't do so. That is a flaw since if I am looking for max raid battles, I am not going on and off line over and over just to force the system to refresh.

You also must be lucky, or they fixed something, because there are a lot of complaints about people being unable to even find someone who is right beside them irl to do a max raid battle with.
    That's why you start a linked battle with a code, because chances are extremely low anyone's going to join and get the code and it's constantly refreshing it.

It does refresh on its own. It's just a bit sporadic but it's definitely not a "15 minute" hard restriction like is being claimed. The more you do online, the more it refreshes.

Its taken them over 20 years to put in a movable camera so yes, its the most innovative thing theyve done. I really cant believe you said dive was.
    Taking 20 years to implement camera controls and saying it is an innovation really speaks for the competency in play here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Taking 20 years to implement camera controls and saying it is an innovation really speaks for the competency in play here.
    You never seemed to care about said competency until you lost the ability to play with your shitty GBA pokemons you collected as a tween.

Like you're not fooling anyone by trying to shit on gamefreak for being way behind in tech, that has been true since the start and you never threw a hissy fit about it before.

Weather was always stationary as far as I recall. If it's raining on a route, it will always be raining there.

Now it could be raining and there's lotads, or it could be snowing and there's Delibirds. Where's all the people who love immersion to defend this?

I don't understand why you're looking at Pokemon in isolation rather than realizing they're accumulating things and improving with each game. Are they perfect, no.
    I can honestly say that they did not improve anything with SW/SH. Its worse in every aspect. Starting in Gen 5, the games had random weather attributes.

I like that they try new things, don't get me wrong, but SW/SH just didn't try anything new and failed to even make their features on par with the previous games. The system has a lot of power and they didn't manage to utilize it. It fell short in any meaningful way to create a new or unique experience.

- - - Updated - - -

No, its not. The most innovative thing was dynamic weather in gen 5. Another one was day / night cycles determine what pokemon spawn around you at any given time, and that was gen 2. A moving camera is hardly innovative in any sense of the word. Just because its the first time its in a pokemon game, that doesn't make it innovative. Not when they used to create true innovating ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why you start a linked battle with a code, because chances are extremely low anyone's going to join and get the code and it's constantly refreshing it.

It does refresh on its own. It's just a bit sporadic but it's definitely not a "15 minute" hard restriction like is being claimed. The more you do online, the more it refreshes.
    Again, what are you honestly doing online if you're not trading over and over? Nothing. I can easily do 10+ raid battles to clear the area and not see it refresh once in that time. If I just sit it on what I want, like raid battles, I can easily go 15minutes without seeing anything pop. Sure, it might refresh sooner, but it really doesn't seem too.

As for the code, again, its really hard to do. Prior, all you needed was a friend code. Type it in, click on their icon, and BAM, trade or battle at your leisure. No stupid code needed. You can't honestly defend the system as it is. We used to just click on our friend and do what ever we want. Now we need a code, Hope that they can even see us in the list, and then have them enter the code and hope all goes well. They added extra, unnecessary steps to a system that wasn't broken to begin with.

I can honestly say that they did not improve anything with SW/SH. Its worse in every aspect. Starting in Gen 5, the games had random weather attributes.

I like that they try new things, don't get me wrong, but SW/SH just didn't try anything new and failed to even make their features on par with the previous games. The system has a lot of power and they didn't manage to utilize it. It fell short in any meaningful way to create a new or unique experience.
    The wild area is new. The entire raid system is new.

There's a difference between disliking and being dishonest.

Again, what are you honestly doing online if you're not trading over and over? Nothing. I can easily do 10+ raid battles to clear the area and not see it refresh once in that time. If I just sit it on what I want, like raid battles, I can easily go 15minutes without seeing anything pop. Sure, it might refresh sooner, but it really doesn't seem too.

As for the code, again, its really hard to do. Prior, all you needed was a friend code. Type it in, click on their icon, and BAM, trade or battle at your leisure. No stupid code needed. You can't honestly defend the system as it is. We used to just click on our friend and do what ever we want. Now we need a code, Hope that they can even see us in the list, and then have them enter the code and hope all goes well. They added extra, unnecessary steps to a system that wasn't broken to begin with.
    1) I'm repeating this a 3rd time now, then just keep mystery trading or sit in a queue for a multibattle with a code set since chances are unlikely you'll get 3 other people to guess the same code, and it will keep forcefully refreshing it. Otherwise, I have never had to sit for 15 minutes before it refreshes. Maybe like, 2-3 minutes tops.

2) "Prior, all you needed was this 15 character long code, now you need this 4 digit numeric PIN and that's more steps!". Pokemon trading online has always been trash. But you're misinformed, it's literally as simple as you both setting the same PIN at the same time and wait. You don't have to "hope to see your friend in the list" before trying.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

No, its not. The most innovative thing was dynamic weather in gen 5. Another one was day / night cycles determine what pokemon spawn around you at any given time, and that was gen 2. A moving camera is hardly innovative in any sense of the word. Just because its the first time its in a pokemon game, that doesn't make it innovative. Not when they used to create true innovating ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

I see i won't convince you a big open world esque 3d environment with a movable camera that acts as an online hub is more innovative than hm fucking dive. Good luck with your continued hatred of a series despite being woefully mediocre since the switch to 3d, but now you have standards

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't buy the expansion pass, it's gonna be a fucking nightmare to obtain them through trade since ofc they removed GTS which allowed specific pokemon trading.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    I played the Mystery Dungeon demo and I... am deeply worried. They now show you where all the items and enemies in a floor are when you enter a new floor... which I feel kinda defeats the purpose of a dungeon crawler. They also start you off with some pretty OP moves. The original Mystery Dungeon games were actually somewhat challenging at points, but now I'm worried that these games are gonna be a snooze fest. This next point is very subjective but I also wasn't a fan of the new art style. I think it looks kinda weird.

I went from being very hyped to honestly being unsure if I want to cop this game.