Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I don't have to change my raid days, my guild does two days and will be fine. Not playing the victim just asking why some guilds randomly get disadvantaged by something Blizzard has never done this way in 16 years.
    Nah, it's not a problem at all. You have a month to prepare, as does everyone else. Nobody is disadvantaged, they all have the same schedule to work with.

This content is 14 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyStanger View Post
    1. Isn't the reason specifically to release in EU & US at the exact same time?

2. It's in a month. Can your guild not plan around a one day shift on month into the future?

3. How is this a major concern? Jesus all mighty.
    It's not a major concern, just why do it this way? What does it matter if the release is simultaneous they've never done that with a raid before and aren't doing it with the retail raid coming out this coming week.

Some guilds have players with jobs who can't change their schedule around.

It's not a major concern, just why do it this way? What does it matter if the release is simultaneous they've never done that with a raid before and aren't doing it with the retail raid coming out this coming week.

On retail raids take many days (often 1-2 weeks) to clear, so a couple of hours in difference won't matter that much for world firsts. For classic the raids will be cleared in 1 hour after their release, so timing is a big deal for the race.

Next thing you know you'll make a post about how 1 week raid resets is unfair becase some people can only play once per 2 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Simple question what healer gives you personally the biggest headache in pvp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobajobjob View Post
    I play a ret paladin, so my answer is this:

Yes.

10+ Year Old Account

It's a good thing that raid releases are the same for EU/US.

BWL will be cleared in 2 hours or less, so having the same release time matters.

On retail raids take many days (often 1-2 weeks) to clear, so a couple of hours in difference won't matter that much for world firsts. For classic the raids will be cleared in 1 hour after their release, so timing is a big deal for the race.

Next thing you know you'll make a post about how 1 week raid resets is unfair becase some people can only play once per 2 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It's a good thing that raid releases are the same for EU/US.

BWL will be cleared in 2 hours or less, so having the same release time matters.

I'm amused that people would care about a 'world first' race to clear 15 year old content everyone's done 10,000 times with 16 debuff slots and Naxxramas patch talent trees but I'll trust you that they do and it's a big deal.

One week raid resets have been the norm for 16 years, nothing wrong with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm amused that people would care about a 'world first' race to clear 15 year old content everyone's done 10,000 times with 16 debuff slots and Naxxramas patch talent trees but I'll trust you that they do and it's a big deal.

People do, you've had plenty of time to accept it.

I don't have to change my raid days, my guild does two days and will be fine. Not playing the victim just asking why some guilds randomly get disadvantaged by something Blizzard has never done this way in 16 years.
    So now you raid 2 days, you know exactly what you're full of. You're just complaining for the sake of complaining as expected ... just raid mc on tuesday. I doubt you all have the pants and all the casters have the sword .. and thunderfurys etc.

And yes there's nothing wrong with that as everyone is saying. And also yes, there have been numerous patches when the game wasn't playable on patch day, bc and lk specifically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    So now you raid 2 days, you know exactly what you're full of. You're just complaining for the sake of complaining as expected ... just raid mc on tuesday. I doubt you all have the pants and all the casters have the sword .. and thunderfurys etc.
    Wait, does this guy think he won't be raiding MC any longer?

I'm amused that someone would be insane enough to complain that their extremely strict IRL schedule not matching up perfectly with the game they're playing 1 day in their entire life warrants a forum post.

Yes.

"So now". I never said I raided one day. I was talking hypothetically about some guilds and some people that do.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, does this guy think he won't be raiding MC any longer?
    MC doesn't take a full raid night or even close to it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm amused that someone would be insane enough to complain that their extremely strict IRL schedule not matching up perfectly with the game they're playing 1 day in their entire life warrants a forum post.
    People make forum posts about a lot of stuff less important than this. People make forum posts about nothing at all. It's not about 'warranting' it this is a place to talk about WoW isn't it? Evidently other people want to talk about it too since we're at three pages now.

10+ Year Old Account
    People make forum posts about a lot of stuff less important than this. People make forum posts about nothing at all. It's not about 'warranting' it this is a place to talk about WoW isn't it? Evidently other people want to talk about it too since we're at three pages now.
    Well, you need to get used to this release schedule

Well, you need to get used to this release schedule
    I'll get used to it. But is Blizzard actually disadvantaging some guilds solely for the laughable 'world first' race in BWL that'll be over in an hour?

"So now". I never said I raided one day. I was talking hypothetically about some guilds and some people that do.

- - - Updated - - -

MC doesn't take a full raid night or even close to it.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't see a pattern where every response page up and page down is telling you you're insane? I could make a post about the consitency of elephant dung and get 15 pages of people telling me to get lost.

Also, I do have to amend my previous response. You're not even complaining that your extremely strict schedule doesn't match up, you're complaining that hypothetically, there could be someone who would potentially be affected by this. Yikes.

Yes.

If you read all these pages, you'll see that you're the only one who has a problem with it. Everyone is telling you that it's not an issue.

You don't see a pattern where every response page up and page down is telling you you're insane? I could make a post about the consitency of elephant dung and get 15 pages of people telling me to get lost.

Also, I do have to amend my previous response. You're not even complaining that your extremely strict schedule doesn't match up, you're complaining that hypothetically, there could be someone who would potentially be affected by this. Yikes.
    To be completely honest I'm complaining because I raid tuesdays and want to do BWL on Tuesday. But instead I have to do it Sunday and it makes me sad. Stupid 'world first race', where private server guilds that have already done this content for 10+ years race to clear the same easy content in an hour, again.

To be completely honest I'm complaining because I raid tuesdays and want to do BWL on Tuesday. But instead I have to do it Sunday and it makes me sad. Stupid 'world first race', where private server guilds that have already done this content for 10+ years race to clear the same easy content in an hour, again.
    You could've have started with your blog post then, instead of trying to make it look like a problem.
    Boohoo, you'll be able to do it first time in classic, 5 days later than you would have like to because of your guild's raiding days. Surely a good reason to be pissed about, the world is ending. Now go to the WoW forums and threaten to unsub over it.

You could've have started with your blog post then, instead of trying to make it look like a problem.
    Boohoo, you'll be able to do it first time in classic, 5 days later than you would have like to because of your guild's raiding days. Surely a good reason to be pissed about, the world is ending. Now go to the WoW forums and threaten to unsub over it.
    The world isn't ending, but goddamn it's annoying.

The world isn't ending, but goddamn it's annoying.
    Gosh darn it, Onyxia having a 5 day reset is unfair for those who can't find the time to raid twice per week every 4 weeks. UNSUB

Yes.

World firsts don't matter in classic, what matters is speed.
    Last edited by OriginalName; 2020-01-10 at 12:42 PM.

It is easy to see why the schedule is this way. so the raid can be realeased worldwide at the same time. If it was realeased a day earlier it would be after US maintenance and before EU maintenance. How hard is it to spot that?
    Even to make a worldwide release it is being done in US primetime and EU graveyard, can't really fathom this much complaining about this non-event.