Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    Making everything available to everyone was, and continues to be, the downfall of this game. Demon Hunters get one less spec' than everybody else, so I support them getting something no other class can have.

Classes need exclusive shit.

Player skill deserves exclusive shit.

Time invested deserves exclusive shit.

Giving everything to everybody was the worst decision paradigm WoW ever bought into.
    Yeah! I'm sick of every player on every server having mythic raid gear, gladiator sets/mounts, rank 4 essences, rated PvP mounts, 15+ keystone gear, mage tower appearances, challenge mode armor, challenge mode weapons, legendaries, TLPD, and everything else in the game that only a tiny % of people actually have o wait

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yeah! I'm sick of every player on every server having mythic raid gear, gladiator sets/mounts, rank 4 essences, rated PvP mounts, 15+ keystone gear, mage tower appearances, challenge mode armor, challenge mode weapons, legendaries, TLPD, and everything else in the game that only a tiny % of people actually have o wait

Are you capable of posting a non-sarcastic post? Do you plan on having a conversation or discussion, or are you only interested in tr***ing the forums with nonsense?

The game, overall, was better when a lot things were exclusive in different ways, in my opinion. Change my mind, instead of posting sarcastic garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Lmao, the OP is getting destroyed but keeps on fighting. Loving the tears and illogical arguments.

This is how it should be, and also how it will be. My DH won't transmog to BT glaives anyway.
    Not really.

If it could be used by a class it should be transmoggable by that class.

It works that way for every other legendary made transmoggable in 8.3. DHs don't need to be any more of a special snowflake class or incur more hatred from other classes.

Blizzard is being dense and making dumb decisions for the sake of it.

As a Demon Hunter I support this decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Blizzard back to doing what they're best at, arbitrary bullshit decisions. Quelle surprise.
    It's almost like they get off on making dumb, restrictive decisions that nobody asked for and incurring criticism for it.

Fun detected. Fun detected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Oh boohoo:'(

Want to wield the warglaives? Then make a DH
    Or, you know, just make a weapon usable by warriors, rogues, monks and demon hunters transmoggable by warriors, rogues, monks and demon hunters like literally all other legendary weapons that are made transmoggable in 8.3 and stop creating obtuse restrictions that nobody asked for.

Wanna make sure Demon Hunters feel like special snowflakes for the original achievement to get the glaive transmog? Make a HD version of the Warglaives and make them DH only, the same way Rogues have HD Thunderfury, and let the other three classes transmog the original Warglaives, which they are able to wield and obtain normally.

And Demon Hunters really didn't need any more reasons to be hated and accused of being "Blizzard's favorite." We already have Warlocks, Monks and Rogues after us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Oh boohoo:'(

Want to wield the warglaives? Then make a DH
    I have a Demon Hunter. I would like to use it on my other characters as well. Like the Rogue, that obtained them in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    It's a transmog model, you'll survive. Giving classes some niche flavor is a good thing, not all classes should or need to be 100% even on everything.
    What is funny is the consistency. Rogues have an artifact skin as well that looks like Thunderfury, but it is ok for everyone to be able to mog into it.

I mean this is so typical of Blizzard.

They prevent other classes from transmogging the glaives, because they came up with a way for Demon Hunters to get it through timewalking Black Temple... and they don't want to "take away from that".

But the whole reason this method of obtaining the transmogs exists in the first place is because Blizzard was too dense to just make all legendaries transmoggable right away.

This is a situation you created, Blizzard, and now the players have to suffer the consequences. Why does there need to be criticism before you realize how retarded a decision you made is. Can't you realize it by yourself, just once?

You don't want to take away from the Demon Hunter player that obtained his transmogs through Black Temple timewalking, but have you considered, that the Demon Hunter player that has obtained the warglaives through this method also has a warrior and a rogue, or any other class that can wield the glaives, and that he'd like to use the transmogs on these characters as well, and that you are hurting him, too?

It is so backwards, that they don't want to "take away" from these players accomplishments of getting the transmog, when

1) The tiresome part is getting the glaives in the first place, because of how low the dropchance is. The timewalking part isn't a big deal.
    2) We get catch up gear every major patch, which also takes away from the accomplishments of high end raiders, yet these are only transmogs

Why is it ok to invalidate the achievements of raiders every 6 months, yet transmogs need to be hit by severe limitations. Wouldn't want a guy to walk around with something that looks cool, even though he earned it. He might just have too much fun.
    Last edited by Canirus; 2020-01-10 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Do you think that maybe they originally were not made for demon hunters because demon hunters didnt exist back then?
    That only proves my point. This wasn't the "Useless Junk of Azzinoth" until Illidan picked it up.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's funny that as a DH player, I need to make the argument that this is an absurd and arbitrary choice by Blizzard.

Man, Blizzard simps are wild.
    So... where's your argument? I don't see it. Or did you just think sarcasm and an exaggerated opinion of how "absurd" this is would float and gain you traction?

An opinion =/= argument.

Just admit you don't like the decision. That's merely your opinion and not a matter of being "right or wrong" arbitrarily or fundamentally.
    Last edited by Black Goat; 2020-01-10 at 05:37 PM.

Making everything available to everyone was, and continues to be, the downfall of this game. Demon Hunters get one less spec' than everybody else, so I support them getting something no other class can have.

Classes need exclusive shit.

Player skill deserves exclusive shit.

Time invested deserves exclusive shit.

Giving everything to everybody was the worst decision paradigm WoW ever bought into.
    Well, I think that the fact that you can obtain transmogs from most outdated content gives the game a lot more replayability. I don't have time to crunch to get all that I want for every class in a "small window" of a current expansion. The thing is, nobody cares about your own gear but you. I have one or two Naxx40 items that nobody can ever get again, I have MOP challenge gear, I have WOD challenge weapons. Nobody has ever stopped to chat about my "awesome" gear. The few times people want to talk to me about mogs, it's usually when I go for a certain theme or managed to make something cool out of "easily" obtainable items. I liked the mage towers of Legion, because it was just one special appearance of many, and it was a fun challenge, but we don't need to take it further. I feel a bit sad about the recent raid gear, where the only decent versions are the mythic ones. I will never be able to dedicate that kind of time and effort to get a full set while it's current, so if Blizzard said "no longer obtainable" in shadowlands, they might as well stop making sets for my part. I would never get em.
    Mother pus bucket!

I'm more peeved about no Shadowmourne for Frost really but to each their own.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Could be worse, you could be a shaman, where all legendaries look garbage anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    • Wasn't it enough that Demonhunters already have their own Weapon type unusable for any other class?
    • Wasn't it enough that they were the first and only class ever being able to transmogrify a Legendary for years?

I am honestly upset about this.
    Players that actually wielded both glaives back then when the Black Temple was the current raid got really screwed over.

It's a shame blizzard favoring a specific class, again.

On that note, this fits perfectly.

What are your opinions on it?
    Rogues are laughing in Thunderfury.

Warglaives of Azzinoth transmog was added in 7.2.5. Rogues had Thunderfury artifact appearance SINCE DAY ONE of Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Of course. You've never given any opinion on something that might seem trivial to others.

After all, there are starving Africans that have it way worse. B)
    I have.

I'm speaking from experience.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Glaives really isn't a DH only thing lorewise.
    If anything it's an elven thing. Especially night elves use glaives all the damn time.

Makes no sence to me that Night elf warriors can't use weapons designed for night elf warriors.

So... where's your argument? I don't see it. Or did you just think sarcasm and an exaggerated opinion of how "absurd" this is would float and gain you traction?

An opinion =/= argument.

Just admit you don't like the decision. That's merely your opinion and not a matter of being "right or wrong" arbitrarily or fundamentally.
    I don't need an argument. It should just work like all the other legendaries instead of having a restriction.

Why should I need an argument to hold Blizzard to the logic they apply to literally all the other legendary transmogs that are going to be available in 8.3 that work the same way?

I'm not arguing for an exception, and the reasoning Blizzard has given is misguided and contrived.

As an addendum, it's funny how you like to pin me having some kind of vested interest in opposing this decision, when I main a Demon Hunter and I have the transmog unlocked, lol.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2020-01-10 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main problem is that what.. only 2 other specs can even use it? Fury warriors are exclusively 2 handers now. Unless in shadowlands they change that. Frost Death Knights and outlaw rogues can use them... but that's about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Glaives really isn't a DH only thing lorewise.
    If anything it's an elven thing. Especially night elves use glaives all the damn time.

Makes no sence to me that Night elf warriors can't use weapons designed for night elf warriors.
    The glaive weapon should have been classified as a sword. I never really understood why they added glaives as a separate weapon in game to begin with.