Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    This may be a childish question, but if The Great Jedi Purge was order 66, what would order 69 be?
    It's/was used towards padawans in sith temples.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "Writers make stuff up but they don't make stuff up!"

Ooo, ya got me, that's so clever. Yeah, writers would never just make new stuff up, especially not in fiction about magical glowstick monks. Nah. That'd never happen.
    "I ignore what is said, make stuff up and then argue against it" - wait a minute - is it a strawman? Please do inform us when you are done fighting it - and more importantly - who have won.

Or maybe it was too meta? You know like entire Star Wars universe was made up by writers and stuff... including the explanations for the new made-up stuff.

Tough topic!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    But they didn't move an inch ? The up is still at the exact same freaking place, don't imperial ships have any gyroscope ? But they have a planet-blowing cannon ?
    I mean, you could even see the planet below the Ships, but they somehow "can't see where is the up from the down" ?

That's plot-convenient.
    Im not big into space stuff for Starwars but I’d assume that being able to visually see up and down doesn’t mean much when the sensors can’t tell the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    This may be a childish question, but if The Great Jedi Purge was order 66, what would order 69 be?

Do you really want to know now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Im not big into space stuff for Starwars but I’d assume that being able to visually see up and down doesn’t mean much when the sensors can’t tell the difference.
    As I already mentioned earlier in this very thread - even actual real human pilots confuse up with down and crash. They have gyroscopes, altimeters and a nice lady screaming PULL UP. And yet...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Palpatine did die, if you look at him in RoS, he is essentially in his corpse he is forcing to keep alive.
    When Palpatine was defeated, his plan was the wipe the board clean and only have the most loyal to him people left alive. The empire failed him, therefor needs to die.
    oh come ON man "Darth Theo" you're just fishing for these answers out of your ass thats how shit they are

why would his plan be to wipe the board clean only to try and make the exact same board all over again when in the first board he still had control of the galaxy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreamySheev View Post
    oh come ON man "Darth Theo" you're just fishing for these answers out of your ass thats how shit they are

why would his plan be to wipe the board clean only to try and make the exact same board all over again when in the first board he still had control of the galaxy
    It's canon. It's called The Contingency.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It's canon. It's called The Contingency.
    if its not on the big screen its not canon - not gonna read some book or freakin comics just to make sense of things that should be explained in the movies

especially not when its obviously written to justify some straight up bullshit

also this is NOT the same as "The Contingency" just FYI
    Last edited by CreamySheev; 2020-01-10 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess where people stumble is that the Contingency was supposed to be in the event of his death.

"If I'm dead, then fuck it all and fuck all you guys."

But then suddenly he's not dead, so it makes it seem that his plan is to destroy it all just so he can put it back together the way it was. There might be reasons for that, of course, but it might seem strange to a lot of viewers.
    If the plan had been to destroy it all, he wouldn't have created the First Order in the first place. What I got was that the Contingency was about destroying the failed empire while keeping the best elements of it and build a new one on better ground.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    if its not on the big screen its not canon
    Says who?

I guess where people stumble is that the Contingency was supposed to be in the event of his death.
    Which did happen, an automated system dispatched the drones with his final orders. His loyal fans executed exceptionally.

But then suddenly he's not dead, so it makes it seem that his plan is to destroy it all just so he can put it back together the way it was. There might be reasons for that, of course, but it might seem strange to a lot of viewers.
    He was dead, he got better.

"A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one"

Hence he needed Snoke to take over the First Order, after he came back to life that is, saw that his plan got executed and he just changed it so instead of the council he selected to build a new empire in the unknown regions - he just takes over - and proceeds to use the resources and fleets prepared in the unknown regions, just for that purpose.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    if its not on the big screen its not canon - not gonna read some book or freakin comics just to make sense of things that should be explained in the movies

Ya that’s not how canon works like at all. It not being on the big screen doesn’t stop it from being pulled from when making something for the big screen you not wanting to take it in doesn’t mean it’s not being used as canon.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

The Empire failed to keep him alive and in power ... therefor needed to die. How is this hard?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Empire failed to keep him alive and in power ... therefor needed to die. How is this hard?
    Then how come his followers are made up of people from the Empire?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Then how come his followers are made up of people from the Empire?
    Only those that proved their loyalty would survive. His goal was to make an eternal Sith Empire. If it failed, it is because there was weakness.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Right the First Order is much more professional with imbeciles like Hux and Kylo at the helm. What did they do again.. oh right fail some more.

It's a good thing he left all those macguffins laying around.. wouldnt want the story to not work AT ALL.

10+ Year Old Account

Why do you even bother discussing canon if you're going to make up your own head canon and expect people to follow it?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Why do you even bother discussing canon if you're going to make up your own head canon and expect people to follow it?
    Why am I expected to buy books and comics just to make sense of the shitshow they presented to me on the big screen.

I already gave them money, it's not my fault they suck at their jobs. If it's not in the movies it might as well not have happened.

Just like it always was with the EU. What was it called again side-canon or something.

Right the First Order is much more professional with imbeciles like Hux and Kylo at the helm. What did they do again.. oh right fail some more.

It's a good thing he left all those macguffins laying around.. wouldnt want the story to not work AT ALL.
    It's strange though isn't it?
    No one wanted to help the rebels when it was only the first order, but once Palpatine is back, everyone is like "Oh he is more dangerous than the first order? Better join up immediately!"
    Hux and Kylo where efficent in keeping rebellion from spreading. Their Starkiller base demonstration, despite it being destroyed, was successful in scaring the living shit out of the galaxy.
    Just a shame that Hux was portrayed to be a bumbling idiot. He was actually pretty efficent in the first movie of the new triology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best part of this crapfest of a movie are the memes, we can all laugh together in shared misery

Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2020-01-10 at 11:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

Armitage wasn't supposed to have the power he did. His father was meant for that position, Armitage had Phasma kill Brendol Hux.
    Armitage only took over because of the First Order thought his father would have taught him everything ... but Brendol did not think much of Armitage.

Also, Kylo wasn't suppose to lead either ... that was why Snoke existed.

- - - Updated - - -

Why am I expected to buy books and comics just to make sense of the shitshow they presented to me on the big screen.

I already gave them money, it's not my fault they suck at their jobs. If it's not in the movies it might as well not have happened.

Just like it always was with the EU. What was it called again side-canon or something.
    So I take it you hated the Prequels too because they referenced a lot of stuff that occurred off screen.

And it was called C-canon ... Continuity Canon.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account

Don't buy the books if you don't want. That's you choice. But don't act anyone owes you something or things simply don't exist because you don't want to participate.

Resident Cosplay Progressive