Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Eh, that's just raider IO. I mean it's still a huge number and all, but anyone with Raider IO is kinda on the extra serious side.

That said, it's a great alt. It plays well, you get training wheels to good damage and the thing that really separates good DHs from not so great ones isn't the meter it's the utility.
    That isn't just pulled from the add on that is pulled from all the mythic + they scan which on some servers are all of them and even on the highest population servers a very large chunk of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    The site pulls from Blizzard's API, so that shows every single M+ run this season.
    Bigger servers and servers more focused on mythic + runs wont have them all scanned. As soon as the cap for each ranking is hit the ones that fall short aren't tracked, the only way around that is if you have somebody in the group from a lower progressed server. You will also have groups that run the same dungeon back to back and one of those is often missed in the tracking. If you did a slow 10 or lower key for UR right now on Area 52 it wouldn't get tracked and we are just starting the week and it had a holiday in there to slow things down.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2020-01-02 at 06:56 PM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Bigger servers and servers more focused on mythic + runs wont have them all scanned. As soon as the cap for each ranking is hit the ones that fall short aren't tracked, the only way around that is if you have somebody in the group from a lower progressed server. You will also have groups that run the same dungeon back to back and one of those is often missed in the tracking.
    No, that 500 cap just straight up isn't true anymore.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

No, that 500 cap just straight up isn't true anymore.
    Except it is, but you believe whatever you want to. If it wasn't true the site wouldn't cap runs off and have a dedicated page showing them.

Except it is, but you believe whatever you want to. If it wasn't true the site wouldn't cap runs off and have a dedicated page showing them.
    Then kindly explain how I did a +11 Atal'dazar on my druid on Monday when the so-called minimum run for AD on my server was a +13? I play on Stormrage US, which caps that supposed leaderboard by like wednesday afternoon at minimum +10, every week.

You can even see it: https://raider.io/characters/us/stormrage/Mydalea

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: according to @SupBrah it doesn't show every run, but it does constantly maintain a record of the highest personal M+ for each dungeon.

So yes, while the API leaderboard does stop at the top 500, that graph from Raider.io is closer to reality than you think.

Then kindly explain how I did a +11 Atal'dazar on my druid on Monday when the so-called minimum run for AD on my server was a +13? I play on Stormrage US, which caps that supposed leaderboard by like wednesday afternoon at minimum +10, every week.

Because it wasn't actually at 13 and you were/are mistaken. Showing the run means nothing, we can't see when the cut off went above what you did for previous weeks.All we can see is this week and the one prior, the 23rd was Monday so out of that scope. Maybe you aren't making stuff up or mistaken, if that is the case I would imagine the only way around this would be some sort of interaction with the Raider.io add on, but as far as I know it doesn't pull information that way.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: according to @SupBrah it doesn't show every run, but it does constantly maintain a record of the highest personal M+ for each dungeon.

So yes, while the API leaderboard does stop at the top 500, that graph from Raider.io is closer to reality than you think.
    So just as I said, not all of the run, k thnx bye

Because it wasn't actually at 13 and you were/are mistaken. Showing the run means nothing, we can't see when the cut off went above what you did for previous weeks.All we can see is this week and the one prior, the 23rd was Monday so out of that scope. Maybe you aren't making stuff up or mistaken, if that is the case I would imagine the only way around this would be some sort of interaction with the Raider.io add on, but as far as I know it doesn't pull information that way.
    LOL not the 23rd, the 30th. Also maybe check my post to see the edit.

Maybe it's just me but I'd say that if you like playing DH or it having a role in your gaming then go gear it. What if the nerfs won't really be notable?
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

LOL not the 23rd, the 30th. Also maybe check my post to see the edit.
    The cap finishing at 12 doesn't mean your 11 couldn't have been in time prior to that, your proof doesn't prove anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Uhhh no, this has no longer been the case for a while now. Blizzard opened up the API to where you can see the highest M+ completed for each dungeon for each character for the entire season. So even if someone on a high pop server does a +2 new highest record for a dungeon on a monday, it will still show up in Raider.IO.
    If this were true there would be no reason for Raider.io to have the minimum page like they do.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you might misunderstand me. The API leaderboard stops at the the top 500 but Raider.IO no longer uses just the leaderboard to get raider.io info. They use the personal armory of the person updating to get all of that person's best runs for each dungeon. It then will automatically sync that run with the other 4 people in the group so that they don't have to hit update too.

So the only possible way someone isn't logged to Raider.IO is if they don't make it onto the top 500 for their server at all during the week at all (RIO automatically scans this leaderboard every few hours), they NEVER update their raider.io profile EVER, or they never show up as the best run for any of the other 4 people in their group. So unless you just do +3s and under you basically have zero chance of not being logged ever by RIO.

So just as I said, not all of the run, k thnx bye
    Read above.

Using the guy above's WoW Armory, you can see all the best runs that character has done for each dungeon. Nothing to do with leaderboards.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...lea/pve/mythic
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2020-01-02 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    We know the nerfs will be coming soon. Its not posted but we are too good at burst aoe and single target. MY DH alt is 410 anyways, is it worth it to gear her up for 8.3?
    Who is "we"?.

If you are playing at 410 ilvl currently, you should not care about optimal class selection :-/ for mythic+ or whatever else. Stick to something you like playing...

I think you should give more details about what you like playing and what level and the type of content you are playing.

also, dont listen to hearsay.

The cap finishing at 12 doesn't mean your 11 couldn't have been in time prior to that, your proof doesn't prove anything.

- - - Updated - - -

If this were true there would be no reason for Raider.io to have the minimum page like they do.
    Here's the Blue post from when they opened the API up:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20770586939

Note that they not only return the best completed time (which is what's shown on the armory page) but also the highest keystone level completed for that dungeon by that player.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    a very strong chance that dh will never get to much nerfs as its not a mage that has 3 dps specs to chose,if dh dps is to much nerfed it basicaly kills the class,that wont happen
    Not true, look at Windwalker. The only dps spec for monks and we are bottom of the list. Even the buffs coming in 8.3 are hardly anything to fix the issue.

Blizzard has no problem sending a classes only dps spec into the abyss and leaving it there.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Not true, look at Windwalker. The only dps spec for monks and we are bottom of the list. Even the buffs coming in 8.3 are hardly anything to fix the issue.

Blizzard has no problem sending a classes only dps spec into the abyss and leaving it there.
    I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't WW actually in a very good place numerically, just that so few people play it?
    I've dabbled with it and it's a fun spec, but like Feral; path of least resistance plus aesthetic = playerbase.

Heck I main a BM hunter, and while the skill cap is pretty high in terms of raid parsing, the skill needed to activate Beast Cleave and dominate AoE while having a 3 button ranged ST rotation; makes the spec prime real estate to the vast majority of players.

Why play a class that takes twice the effort to get the same results?

Edit: just checked IO, at the 20+ key bracket there are more WW Monks than Rets, Warlocks, Feral Druids, or DKs.
    Last edited by DazManianDevil; 2020-01-02 at 11:13 PM.

Im like 90% sure they're not getting any nerfs whatsoever until 9.0

I'm a bit too happy warlock affli is not that much picked then. I prefer demo and destro all the way.

@MatthewOU2015 just put some time into gearing dh. Dhs without gear function really bad. Still better than most classes with gcds.
    But all classes were bad at the start of xpac.

Look into hero damage and so on, see best traits, best in slots, neck essences etc.

Do you enjoy playing it? If so, yes. If you don't, no. Groups will continue to want one for the buff for magic damage. In their short life span 1 or both specs have been consistently strong in pve(raiding and mythic +) and pvp (arena and rbgs)

10+ Year Old Account
    What nerfs? DH has no class changes for 8.3, which is the last major patch of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post

If you really want to see some crazy numbers look at arena class rankings and hc/mythic raid class representation. The sheer amount of players of this new class in every area of the game will for sure get some reaction from blizzard. When? Most likely to late.
    Your showing a graph for M+ not for raiding at all..

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    We know the nerfs will be coming soon. Its not posted but we are too good at burst aoe and single target. MY DH alt is 410 anyways, is it worth it to gear her up for 8.3?
    Nerfs don't mean "becoming unusable". It usually means it was badly designed/balanced and needs a correction to be in line with the rest.
    I doubt DH will suddenly become terrible, go ahead and gear up.

Even with nerfs DH's will still be gods