View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Oh! Is it... really?
    Nah, but he has a point about it just being a promise for now.

Trade negotiations with the US are far from a done deal, and you never want to enter negotiations already having conceded on red lines from the outset.

A lot of this also hinges upon how important the US deems it to be to them to let US chicken farmers export to the UK.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The Withdrawal Bill has passed its third reading and now moves to the Lords.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51051178

... has anyone seen @dribbles???
    Hard to post anything as a brexiteer here without it coming across as gloating.

22 days until supremacy of EU law comes to an end in the UK and we are finally free. It is only fitting that Big Ben rings out for the people in joyous celebration of such a momentous occasion.

The will of the people is done and parliament, swamp drained of remainers, serves democracy and its masters.

https://daystobrexit.co.uk/ Tick Tock...

Let the people rejoice.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post

22 days until supremacy of EU law comes to an end in the UK and we are finally free. It is only fitting that Big Ben rings out for the people in joyous celebration of such a momentous occasion.

The will of the people is done and parliament, swamp drained of remainers, serves democracy and its masters.

https://daystobrexit.co.uk/ Tick Tock...

Let the people rejoice.
    I'm looking forward to all those benefits of Brexit.....not happening. Especially bearing in mind that the only way Boris will get anything agreed before his self-imposed deadline of the end of the year is if he basically agrees to roll over and sign off every single thing the EU wants.

We have a new clock ticking now dribbles. The countdown to people realising that they've been sold an absolute pup. That Brexit didn't fix anything, and will actually break a whole lot of new things. That all the things they were worried about are still shit, and will be getting worse under this Tory government.

If we'd managed to stop it, we'd still have muppets like you spouting out about how great it would have been if only you'd been allowed to do it. This way you can't hide, the full ramifications of this process are going to come to fruitition. And you can't even say it's down to the Remainers tainting the process, because you've got full control of it now.

So gloat now if you want. It will just make it all the more satisfying when the whole thing blows up in your face.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    That's because it IS gloating dear dribs. But that aside.
    Soon man, soon =D
    I can't wait for brexit to go through
    Thanks for your support brother, leaders and peoples across the EU, publicly and privately - we are as one. Comments from one wise EU leader only yesterday...

“They have opened this vast door of opportunities for themselves. I’m sure there is a success story that will be written there”
    “I regard Boris Johnson as one of the bravest European politicians”

and we all know fortune favours the brave...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your support brother, leaders and peoples across the EU, publicly and privately - we are as one. Comments from one wise EU leader only yesterday...

“They have opened this vast door of opportunities for themselves. I’m sure there is a success story that will be written there”
    “I regard Boris Johnson as one of the bravest European politicians”

and we all know fortune favours the brave...
    Orban, one wise EU leader...

Well, I guess by not telling who said it you're at least trying to hide that you think far-right politicians are wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Airbus seems to have a slight change of heart.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51047264

22 days until supremacy of EU law comes to an end in the UK and we are finally free.
    If the WA is ratified, the UK remains subject to EU rules and regulations until the end of 2020 (even any that come into force before then). Just saying

Although not entirely related to Brexit - credit where credit is due it looks as if Stormont is going to be up and running again after three years!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-51068774

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    If the WA is ratified, the UK remains subject to EU rules and regulations until the end of 2020 (even any that come into force before then). Just saying
    When the UK brexit freedom starting gun fires on January 31st you are correct that all EU law will be incorporated as UK law going forward. However under the old swamp remainer parliament only the UK supreme court, which would take years, could strike EU law from the UK statute books. Under the new parliament this may now be done by 100's of magistrates up and down the land. After Brexit EU laws will be decimated from the UK in weeks post brexit.

You might even see dribbles vs EU 2020 re bent bananas at my local magistrates court just for shits n giggles.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...hnson-confirms

When the UK brexit freedom starting gun fires on January 31st you are correct that all EU law will be incorporated as UK law going forward. However under the old swamp remainer parliament only the UK supreme court, which would take years, could strike EU law from the UK statute books. Under the new parliament this may now be done by 100's of magistrates up and down the land. After Brexit EU laws will be decimated from the UK in weeks post brexit.

You might even see dribbles vs EU 2020 re bent bananas at my local magistrates court just for shits n giggles.

So you are fine with unelected officials making laws that are binding on the uk?

15+ Year Old Account

Uhm, I know you want to keep calling it the EU, but if those laws got incorporated into UK law it would be dribbles vs. UK re bent bananas.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Whatever, EU nonsense laws will no longer burden the UK.

And what a difference a few weeks and an election make eurochums.

This time last year Theresa May was being ordered to Brussels like a badly behaved puppy to beg for a trade deal and extension after extension. Now it is Von Duh Leyen this week summoned to beg in London for the same things for the EU from Boris.

The shoe is on the other foot, the EU had 3 years to sort this out and failed miserably. What an EU climbdown, well now it's too late.

EU's von der Leyen begs for UK to 'explore' soft trade deal with free movement of people

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...-Boris-Johnson

Tick tock...

The shoe is on the other foot, the EU had 3 years to sort this out and failed miserably.
    I may be mistaken but it was the UK that decided to leave the EU, not the other way around. Why should we sort out anything? Why did you expect someone else to sort out the mess you created?

Whatever, EU nonsense laws will no longer burden the UK.

And what a difference a few weeks and an election make eurochums.

This time last year Theresa May was being ordered to Brussels like a badly behaved puppy to beg for a trade deal and extension after extension. Now it is Von Duh Leyen this week summoned to beg in London for the same things for the EU from Boris.

The shoe is on the other foot, the EU had 3 years to sort this out and failed miserably. What an EU climbdown, well now it's too late.

EU's von der Leyen begs for UK to 'explore' soft trade deal with free movement of people

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...-Boris-Johnson

Tick tock...
    Utter bollocks as usual. What is actually happening is that the EU officials are pointing out that Boris and his "no extension" position won't stand, because it's impossible to sort out a trade deal like this in a few months. They aren't "begging". They are quietly explaining to the toddler PM that however much he screams and screams he is going to need to face reality.

I fully expect Boris to climb down as it becomes clear in the middle of the year that there isn't time. Just like he backed down over NI to get his agreement through.

Expect to see a LOT more backing down by the UK as things progress. The stupidity of Brexit is going to come sharply into focus in the coming months. I'm looking forward to the mental gymnastics you are going to need to try and paint a procession of losses as somehow being a good thing.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Utter bollocks as usual. What is actually happening is that the EU officials are pointing out that Boris and his "no extension" position won't stand, because it's impossible to sort out a trade deal like this in a few months. They aren't "begging". They are quietly explaining to the toddler PM that however much he screams and screams he is going to need to face reality.

I fully expect Boris to climb down as it becomes clear in the middle of the year that there isn't time. Just like he backed down over NI to get his agreement through.

Expect to see a LOT more backing down by the UK as things progress. The stupidity of Brexit is going to come sharply into focus in the coming months. I'm looking forward to the mental gymnastics you are going to need to try and paint a procession of losses as somehow being a good thing.
    Nah, not enough time is exactly what Boris wants because it will make a hard Brexit happen without those pesky MP's getting in the way of the worst possible result for Britain.

There is a reason they are trying to make it law that no extension can be sought. They know very much what they are doing.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    EU points out about City access to its markets, closing down if not negotiated on time

yes, Brexit means some consequences and City losing passport privileges might bite soon-ish.

for the math in nutshell:
    "The City earns about £205bn a year from European demand for financial services. Trade experts have described the so-called “equivalence” decision as vital for the UK’s financial services sector, which generates 11% of total tax revenues."

tax revenue alone would be ~22,5bn and of course all the earnings are valuable as fuck to UK itself. we do not talk a total loss of those 205bn here, but some assets and revenues WILL vanish. and it's still not a punishment, just plain logic; UK cannot service EU any longer, so it goes mainland or RoI.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    EU points out about City access to its markets, closing down if not negotiated on time

yes, Brexit means some consequences and City losing passport privileges might bite soon-ish.

for the math in nutshell:
    "The City earns about £205bn a year from European demand for financial services. Trade experts have described the so-called “equivalence” decision as vital for the UK’s financial services sector, which generates 11% of total tax revenues."

tax revenue alone would be ~22,5bn and of course all the earnings are valuable as fuck to UK itself. we do not talk a total loss of those 205bn here, but some assets and revenues WILL vanish. and it's still not a punishment, just plain logic; UK cannot service EU any longer, so it goes mainland or RoI.
    And just to make it clear; those firms won't vanish. The need for their services won't vanish. They just won't be able to do what they currently do for the EU while based in the UK (which will be outside of the EU). And that's because of EU regulations that the UK demanded were put in place to protect London from outside competition.

So all those firms are going to have to move all or part of their business to some place in the EU itself. Those high earners that pay large amounts of tax will go with them. Some business will remain, of course, but it will be smaller and will be competing with other financial centres around the world.

The Brexit dividend just keeps on giving, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I don't think anyone gives a shit anymore.
    Count me in that camp... I'm done with reason and logic with them. And I feel a scene from a decidedly British movie (Chicken Run from Aardman Animation) sums my attitude up perfectly:

Nick: "A'right, Fetcher... let's see if Atilla the Hen has come to her senses... shall we?"

*Sees Chickens falling all over the place*

Fetcher: "It's raining HEN!"

**Babs falls on her butt in front of them**

Nick: "What's this Caper, Love?"

Babs: "We're FLYING!!!"

Nick:
    "Obviously...Flippin hell!"

Fetcher: "They're gonna kill themselves!!!"

**Fetcher gives Nick a side-eye glance**

Fetcher:
    "...Wanna watch?"

Nick: "...Yeah, A'right!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Am I the only one who remembers Nigel Farrage and most of the YucKIP members doing a *ninjasmokeVANISH* the moment the Refferendum came up yay-to-Brexit?

Personally, I've already had my first bout of effects of Brexit when BlowJo condemned Dumbass Dump for the killing of that General. My actual first thought was "So...why should we care what you think? When you with the EU, your opinion mattered and had actual weight.... you're now just England - A regressed group of tiny groggy islands. Why should we, or anybody else for that matter, give a shit about your thoughts anymore?"
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2020-01-11 at 07:18 PM.

As a US citizen I don't typically read anything about Brexit until it makes the news rounds, but I can't believe this shit is still going on. I understand this is a seismic change but this shit has been going on for what, 4 years now?

I did just do a quick search and *IF* they actually leave on 1/31/2020, this shit can *STILL* extend another until the end of 2022... insane.

I suppose it's nice to see that even though the majority of voters voted for it, government still bickers over this shit and nothing gets done for years and years like in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I did just do a quick search and *IF* they actually leave on 1/31/2020, this shit can *STILL* extend another until the end of 2022... insane.
    Most are betting it's not due to the most recent conservative wins. That's why most of us are, at this point, are just sitting back eating popcorn and watching the SS Britanic going full-steam-ahead towards the edge of the waterfall as the Passengers proudly sing "God Save the Queen"...

All I care about now at this point is which American Company is going to buy the full legal ownership to Doctor Who when this shitshow is over.