Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nobody cares warglaive are ugly and were put in game as legendary only because DH didn't existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Nobody cares warglaive are ugly and were put in game as legendary only because DH didn't existed.
    HD Warglaives of Azzinoth would be pretty sweet, though.

For real i see so much butt hurt for nothing. Just people not willing to make a Demon Hunter and put in a little work to play with them. And I wouldn't be mad if they made Shadowmourne Death Knight only. (Frost Dks dont forget your artifact is made from frostmourne, though i understand the want to use Shadowmourne). Rogues can feel special as they have a legendary exclusive to them both in wielding and mogging. But here's the real issue: I wanna mog Thori'dal on my rogue and warrior... wtf.

P.S. HD glaives would make a happy medium.
    Last edited by 13badluck3; 2020-01-10 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Spelling

Lmao at Blizzard caring about class identity when they stopped doing class sets

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Not really. Their justification sucks so it's getting called out. Just adding a rationalisation doesn't in itself make sense of a weird exception contrary to the rule.

And I don't need to convince you because you seem pretty locked into the "whatever Blizzard does is good," mindset regardless. Nothing lost for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, it's pretty obscure. It would probably just be seen by most as a random Ulduar epic. It isn't the most overt legendary by any means.
    No, trust me on this one. Your reasoning for why it SHOULD be available is what "sucks". Their reasoning makes perfect sense. Illidan trained the Demon Hunters, the Warglaives are Illidan's own weapons, and they don't want to undermine the already available method of making the glaives transmoggable to the class they rightfully belong to. Your reasoning does not, and sounds like something a 12 year old would say: "it sucks".

There's always exceptions to rules. This is one of them. Life will be full of them, start learning now.

Don't make a poor attempt to gaslight me. Just because I agree with this decision does not mean I'm okay with whatever Blizzard does.
    Last edited by Black Goat; 2020-01-10 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Warglaives are a weapon that only Demon Hunters can use...sorry you want to pretend you're a Demon Hunter while not actually playing one but some things should be exclusive...
    But they are classified as SWORD not WARGLAIVE. That's the rub.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    No, trust me on this one. Your reasoning for why it SHOULD be available is what "sucks". Their reasoning makes perfect sense. Illidan trained the Demon Hunters, the Warglaives are Illidan's own weapons, and they don't want to undermine the already available method of making the glaives transmoggable to the class they rightfully belong to. Your reasoning does not, and sounds like something a 12 year old would say: "it sucks".

There's always exceptions to rules. This is one of them. Life will be full of them, start learning now.

Don't make a poor attempt to gaslight me. Just because I agree with this decision does not mean I'm okay with whatever Blizzard does.
    Okay, thanks, bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    But they are classified as SWORD not WARGLAIVE. That's the rub.
    Good point. They should reclassify them warglaives so only DH’s can use them. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    The logic I suppose is that only DH can use glaives, and the Warglaives are only classified as a sword because glaive wasn't a weapon class back then. Sure you can technically use them, but not in a lore sense.
    In the lore it's a traditional night elf weapon. Try again.

I wish I could be surprised at this point but it's so customary to be disappointed in Blizzard's decisions lately that I'd actually be surprised if they managed to make the playerbase happy or satisfied without blatanly self-sabotaging themselves and their game at least once.

Also I wish I could be surprised at the lack of empathy I often found in these forums, but I guess that it feels better to rub it in the faces of people that are unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Selinde View Post
    I wish I could be surprised at this point but it's so customary to be disappointed in Blizzard's decisions lately that I'd actually be surprised if they managed to make the playerbase happy or satisfied without blatanly self-sabotaging themselves and their game at least once.

Also I wish I could be surprised at the lack of empathy I often found in these forums, but I guess that it feels better to rub it in the faces of people that are unhappy
    Yes, self-sabotage, that feels like the best way to describe it, and at this point, it feels almost intentional.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Similarly would be cool to use the rogue dagger wings again.
    I really miss those black dragon wings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Blizz should remove this restriction on account of the fact that glaives would look pretty sweet on rogues, monks, and DK's. The ability for DH's to tmog them was cool, but they should move on from this.

To be fair, you were borrowing it. And personally speaking, I think both classes could've kept it since they are mechanically and aesthetically rather different.
    I wasn't borrowing anything, I was just mentioning something else that DH "took over". I have, and always will be a Mage main.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I wasn't borrowing anything, I was just mentioning something else that DH "took over". I have, and always will be a Mage main.
    Fine, but Meta was always a Demon Hunter thing, so you can't really fault Demon Hunters for having it. More so Blizzard for removing it from Warlocks even though Warlock and Demon Hunter Metamorphosis worked differently.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, the Warglaives of Azzinoth aren't even the coolest warglaives in the game anymore. I unlocked them on my DH and I'm still using the fel Flamereaper skin for the artifact weapon.

I do agree that it would be fine if the DH achievement just unlocked a unique HD version of the model. On the other hand, if you're that infatuated with the aesthetic, just play a demon hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    In the lore it's a traditional night elf weapon. Try again.
    Illidan's warglaives were stolen from the doomguard Azzinoth, and the demon hunters all use warglaives modeled after that style. So they're really demonic weapons, not elven.

The traditional elven weapons are called moonglaives and are arguably more like fist weapons, though they did add some as warglaives in the Darkshore update patch.

And of course blood elf Spellbreakers have their own style of glaives, as do troll Shadowhunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post

• Wasn't it enough that Demonhunters already have their own Weapon type unusable for any other class?
    • Wasn't it enough that they were the first and only class ever being able to transmogrify a Legendary for years?

I am honestly upset about this.
    Players that actually wielded both glaives back then when the Black Temple was the current raid got really screwed over.

It's a shame blizzard favoring a specific class, again.

On that note, this fits perfectly.

What are your opinions on it?
    Kid, go home, drink your milk and stop crying. They literally explained the reason, and I agree that it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I mean, the Warglaives of Azzinoth aren't even the coolest warglaives in the game anymore. I unlocked them on my DH and I'm still using the fel Flamereaper skin for the artifact weapon.

I do agree that it would be fine if the DH achievement just unlocked a unique HD version of the model. On the other hand, if you're that infatuated with the aesthetic, just play a demon hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Illidan's warglaives were stolen from the doomguard Azzinoth, and the demon hunters all use warglaives modeled after that style. So they're really demonic weapons, not elven.

The traditional elven weapons are called moonglaives and are arguably more like fist weapons, though they did add some as warglaives in the Darkshore update patch.

And of course blood elf Spellbreakers have their own style of glaives, as do troll Shadowhunters.
    Well, there are Night Elf guards with similar glaive models, just more basic. Look at Silithus.

No, he's right.

They have their rules for legendary transmogrification in 8.3, which are all consistent.

Except the warglaives, which are an obvious and arbitrary exception/exclusion. They need to argue a good motivation for them to be exempt of the rule, and they give an argument, but it leaves a lot to be desired and feels half-hearted.
    Once again, just because you disagree doesn't mean something doesn't exist. There is a reason clearly stated in the official statement linked in the OP. It's blatantly wrong and makes you look stupid to say there is no reason.

Man I dont know what to say. I dont think there's something on this planet that I couldn't care less about than this. But I guess I can understand how some people would be "upset". Even tho being upset for smth like this is just childish and immature.