Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Uh, yeah there was. Now run along and stop talking about shit you have no idea about.
    Um, no, they were actually correct in that WoD didn't have the app. The original app was first available for Legion missions, not WoD ones, and was literally called the Legion Companion App.

A quick search would tell you that references to a "WoD Companion App" are all just player requests for that table to also be put on the Legion app after it launched.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2020-01-11 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    A quick search would tell you that references to a "WoD Companion App" are all just player requests for that table to also be put on the Legion app after it launched.
    Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I thought there was a WoD app. I recall reading one of the complaints is that when it became the legion app, they forced people to log in and out to change characters, making the app as much work as the desktop. Maybe I'm on crack, as I never used the apps, but I could have swore wod had something

I believe this is it
    https://www.cinemablend.com/games/Wo...ver-68561.html
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2020-01-11 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    That looks like it's just a timer app that Wowhead developed to tell you when to login?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I recall reading one of the complaints is that when it became the legion app, they forced people to log in and out to change characters, making the app as much work as the desktop.
    That was when they updated it for BfA. Along with breaking the infomatics so it lags a day behind telling you which emissaries are up and often refusing to switch characters because they're "already logged in."

An app wouldn't have been practical in WoD because you needed an in-game addon to micromanage the affixes on your 25 minions to max your gold return.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2020-01-11 at 04:34 AM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Um, no, they were actually correct in that WoD didn't have the app. The original app was first available for Legion missions, not WoD ones, and was literally called the Legion Companion App.

fake news.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You mean the gold wq that give between 120 and 200 gold? You would have to do more than 2.000 of those (talk about playing casually ) to come anywhere near 500k gold and quickly looking at the maps I see currently... 6

I really don't see how WQ+chests can provide half a million gold.
    just ignore them. these idiots are making numbers up in their head and coming up with impossible scenarios. 500k from paragons, yea ok, dude is a straight moron
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post
    Hey all!

Did a similar thread after BFA was announced and the consesus in the thread as that it would probably not be more than the spidermount from Legion. Little did we know that the AH-Dinosaur was coming our way.

TBC - Epic Flying-skill (5000g)
    Wotlk - Vendor mammoth (16.000g)
    Cataclysm - Vial of Sands (at the time around 35.000g) Not as obvious as a goldsink as the two prior.
    MoP - Reforge/Transmog Yak - (120.000g)
    WoD - Honestly dont know if there was any here?
    Legion - Spider mount (2.000.0000g)
    BFA - Mighty Caravan Brutosaur (5.000.000g)
    Shadowlands - ??? (???g)

1. How much do you think the "goldsink"-mount will cost in Shadowlands
    2. Any special ability you would like it to have? Such as AH, mailbox, transmog etc.
    100 bazilion gold

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Uh, yeah there was. Now run along and stop talking about shit you have no idea about.
    No, no there was not. The mission app launched in Legion.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    You only need to do the casual WorldQuests, with no gear requirement, no group requirement and in nazjatar its even easier with the bodyguards.
    Just to get at least 1 set of paragon chests for 8.3 gets you to 500.000g in 4 weeks per CHARCTER. This is just RAW GOLD.

Additionally with the hard mythic raid tier and the endless difficulty in M+ the demand for herbs/runes is limitless.

This will be just much, much worse in 8.3. There is nothing in 8.3 for the casual players and I would even claim, that those regular players that used the timegated weekly-10/titanforging for gearprogression wont continue with the insane increase of RNG and the big jump in difficulty. Your weekly-10 turns into a weekly-20 and titanforging is not there anymore to soften the difficulty over time.

It will be just as in WoD, you either raid or you farm gold with alts. There is nothing inbetween for the new patch. PTR is over, 8.3 is just WoD 2.0.
    What are you on about? Paragon chests have 3.5k - 4.5k in them. 500k???

But I mean gold, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    What are you on about? Paragon chests have 3.5k - 4.5k in them. 500k???
    With necklevel 70 you had 170.000g/month just for doing the gold WQ alone and you could just clear them in 20-30min / day. It was so much gold/time that it was not even worth it to do any of the old xpack raids.

People make with minimal time played per day millions in BfA and all you have to ask is PARAGON CHEST 4k gold only? Its the by-product of the farming. Players are doing it every day all the time and you never asked yourself - why?
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    With necklevel 70 you had 170.000g/month just for doing the gold WQ alone and you could just clear them in 20-30min / day.
    No, there were not 5600g worth of gold wq up every day and given that they gave roughly 200g per wq that would have been 28 wq, not sure how you do that in 20min when you have to travel across both continents+Naz.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    not sure how you do that in 20min
    Honestly if you need help in min-maxing simple WorldQuests, you might be better of with just buying a token from the shop or limit yourself in what you want to buy in this game.

This is not boosting players, doing demanding solo-content or advanced auction house skills. There is no point in discussing HOW and IF's when its just casual content and the gold farming is done by many players allready this whole expansion. The only limitation it has its TIMEGATED and thats the best part, because you dont have to play a lot/day you just have to play regularly.

How hard can it be to just try it out yourself and check the gold/hour statistic. I can only guess that you and any other poster that doesnt get it are simply not playing the game.
    -

Honestly if you need help in min-maxing simple WorldQuests, you might be better of with just buying a token from the shop or limit yourself in what you want to buy in this game.

This is not boosting players, doing demanding solo-content or advanced auction house skills. There is no point in discussing HOW and IF's when its just casual content and the gold farming is done by many players allready this whole expansion. The only limitation it has its TIMEGATED and thats the best part, because you dont have to play a lot/day you just have to play regularly.

How hard can it be to just try it out yourself and check the gold/hour statistic. I can only guess that you and any other poster that doesnt get it are simply not playing the game.
    No you are straight up pulling numbers out your ass and somehow think its possible to clear all available WQ's that are up in 20 mins.

10+ Year Old Account
    5.000.000 gold
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    All of BFA has been a huge goldsink with close to zero gold gain so i expect it to be far less than 5 million.

sidenote: WoD had the apexis gold sink and Legion also had the 500k rep mount in argus
    There's plenty of gold gain, just not by setting up a bunch of alts at a board and setting timers on your phone.

I'd guess less than 5 million as well though, probably 2-3 this time around. Since the gold gain is less passive I'd hope that some gold has left the system by now.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    With necklevel 70 you had 170.000g/month just for doing the gold WQ alone and you could just clear them in 20-30min / day. It was so much gold/time that it was not even worth it to do any of the old xpack raids.

People make with minimal time played per day millions in BfA and all you have to ask is PARAGON CHEST 4k gold only? Its the by-product of the farming. Players are doing it every day all the time and you never asked yourself - why?
    You're a joke mate. Quit while you are only 20 feet deep in that hole you dug. Stop digging!