Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    https://wowclassiccountdown.com/cont...n_pve_and_pvp/

Dire Maul: Earlier than scheduled.
    BGs: Earlier than scheduled:

Note, it says BWL is supposed to come early in 2020 with WSG and AV but releasing it after one month in was highly unlikely. Seeing how other phases came earlier it's telling how they decided to push things earlier because of content "draughts".
    They originally kept Dire Maul from being implemented at launch because they thought it would impact MC. Given that MC turned out to be an absolute joke, there was no reason not to add Dire Maul early.

They had to add BGs because the world was legitimately unplayable on the majority of PvP servers without them and it absolutely decimated many servers with population imbalances. So, not really surprising that they made the decision to move things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Awsumpossum View Post
    They originally kept Dire Maul from being implemented at launch because they thought it would impact MC. Given that MC turned out to be an absolute joke, there was no reason not to add Dire Maul early.

They had to add BGs because the world was legitimately unplayable on the majority of PvP servers without them and it absolutely decimated many servers with population imbalances. So, not really surprising that they made the decision to move things up.
    Yeah, it did make sense. But I don't think I am the only one whos surprised phases came out this fast, I believe it was said that phases would come over a 2 year schedule like it was in vanilla but maybe it was just a word to word spread kind of thing.

In any way, it seems blizzard got caught a bit off guard when it comes to players consuming content so fast. Classic is doing "patches" like retail now. Content doesn't really have any longevity. It has become seasons at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, it did make sense. But I don't think I am the only one whos surprised phases came out this fast, I believe it was said that phases would come over a 2 year schedule like it was in vanilla but maybe it was just a word to word spread kind of thing.

In any way, it seems blizzard got caught a bit off guard when it comes to players consuming content so fast. Classic is doing "patches" like retail now. Content doesn't really have any longevity. It has become seasons at this point.
    If they keep to a 6 month per big raid schedule, aq around mid august, naxx for feb 2021 with naxx's 6 months ending in august 2021, which makes classic to be a 2 year affair.

Depending on how they do it, AQ gates might delay AQ even further.
    Last edited by OriginalName; 2020-01-11 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    If they keep to a 6 month per big raid schedule, naxx aq around mid august, naxx for feb 2021 with naxx's 6 months ending in august 2021, which makes classic to be a 2 year affair.

Depending on how they do it, AQ gates might delay AQ even further.
    That looks like a plan.