Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Paladin tanks are old news, it's all about the warlock tanks!
    Leoarthas the Blind (SSC)!

Anyone know if tier 3 shadow priest can tank ZG/AQ20?

I know tier 2 spriest could tank 5mans lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post

There's a real warlock tank fight in classic. Twin Emperors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    There's a real warlock tank fight in classic. Twin Emperors.
    Leoarthas is the more challenging one by far, I feel like every boss in BC was over decade ago (because it was!) but Leoarthas was yesterday. That's how STRONG the memory is!

If you made a list of bosses that "remember like you did em' yesterday!" you'd be amused.

1. Leoarthas (BC)
    2. Saphiron (Naxx 25 Wotlk)
    3. Baron (vanilla)
    4. Rag (Firelands, Cata)
    5. Vizier Zorlok (mop).

I swear to god, (I one from each from each older expansion) I feel like I was doing all of those yesterday.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2020-01-10 at 05:57 AM.

Yes, it's mostly about the amount of effort you put in to make it happen. I've raid tanked as a priest t'ill AQ (their hardcap limit). They can tank earlier than most players think. Happy to answer more questions, if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    lol it cracks me up when I read people say this
    It's because most people remember vanilla pre 1.12.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    What? No it wasn't. Vanilla WAS NOT Classic. Classic IS NOT Vanilla. Go player Retail at level 60 and tell me it's the same as playing Vanilla because playing Classic with 12 major patches of bug fixes and balancing isn't not at all what it was like in Vanilla outside of a few months at the end. Outside of just the power level increase characters went through, some classes just play differently from 1.0 to 1.12.
    You are missing the point.

The icecream term is retarded, stop using it.

Classic. Pre-TBC. Original WoW. Any term is better than the icecream flavour that makes you less competent every time you use/read it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That's a pretty shit analogy considering we know that the further past 30 you get the worse you are at gaming. With the average age of people playing wow quoted by blizzard to be 26 in vanilla you could easily argue that "we" were better gamers back in vanilla to cata then in classic.

What you should be saying is "with more education and knowledge, we get better at our jobs"

- - - Updated - - -

TIL today. Posting in a forum is "bringing it to your face". I would like to know where the competitive environment is. The only competitive environment is seeing who clears first. The content is so easy that ClassicBads like me will clear it. If you can contribute meaningfully in greens then the environment is not competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Source on that claim please. Accepted knowledge is that it was called Vanilla before Blizzard announces Classic.
    Being the majority doesn't make you right. In this case it makes the majority retards. Look at Pop music. Or the fact that 99% of players suck at the game, despite many of those people having spent 6 hours playing it every day for multiple years.

Classic. Original WoW. Pre-TBC.

These are some of the many acceptable terms. "Vanilla" have never been, is not, and never will be acceptable. Every time its used, both the speaker and the listener become more stupid because of it.

This is your chance to be free. Learn now, improve, and maybe there is hope for you.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Its all down to 1.12. If it was true representation of how vanilla was, Most bosses in classic would be as hard, if not harder than ANYTHING in retail.
    how delusional can you be?

Most bosses these days have more mechanics then an entire vanilla raid.

lucifron 3
    magmadar 2
    gehannas 3
    garr 1
    shazzrah 4
    baron geddon 3
    harbringer 2
    golemagg 1
    executus 2
    ragnaros 3

and most of these are
    1. abilities by ads that die right away (See the flamewaker bosses)
    2. curses that last a very long time that arnt really that bad but should be dispelled cause they last a super long time
    3. abilities that dont even effect the entire raid, mostly just healer stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    lol. Some people have no idea how silly they sound.

We do it every week with a fury warrior tanking all the adds near the boss. When Garr is 20% we aoe everything down until adds are 20% then the warrior pulls all the adds to the wall and we kill them there. The fight takes us barely one minute. Actually last week the fight took us exactly 38 seconds.

Imagine using banish
    Remember back when you used to praise how hard and impossible vanilla would be?
    Now here you are.
    hows that going?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Show me your main with screen shot or gtfo.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Rbgs.. am I supposed to take you seriously or laugh at your face?
    @tikcol boi I've been following this thread just to see the end of this exchange, OP has got you blindsided, you gotta come back with something meaningful or he 100% won this

I like how the "vanilla was hard" crowd use the 1.12 talents as an excuse. These bosses are so fucking easy you could have the entire raid unspec their fucking talents and it would maybe take 30 minutes longer to clear.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    I like how the "vanilla was hard" crowd use the 1.12 talents as an excuse. These bosses are so fucking easy you could have the entire raid unspec their fucking talents and it would maybe take 30 minutes longer to clear.
    If my memory isn't completely faulty there's a few bosses that should be at least mildly challenging in vanilla. Specifically Gothik the Harvester, the Four Horsemen, Kel'Thuzad and maybe? C'thun.

The rest are gonna fall over though. Especially BWL.

Kel'Thuzad is widely considered the hardest boss in classic and there's at least quite a few mechanics going on there. It's not going to be like the level 80 Naxxramas version of the fight, having done them both. His spell coolddowns are about 33% shorter and a number of the abilities work differently.

1: Phase 1 is 2 minutes longer than the 80 version with a fairly intense portion at the end, two skeletons hitting at the same time will kill most of the raid. Banshees one shot you now if they catch you.
    2: Frostbolt, one shots the tank if not interrupted. 11,000 frost damage 1.5 second cast.
    3: Frostbolt volley, is 'healer stuff' but 3500 frost damage on people with 4500 HP every 15 seconds hurts, plus keeps the raid 40% snared for his other abilities.
    4: Mana detonation, geddon bomb but with a 4 second duration instead of 10 as well as burns 50% of max mana.
    5: Frost Blast, 130% of max HP damage over 5 seconds, chains to anyone within 10 yards and continues chaining infinitely (unlike the 80 version.) Also you have no AoE heals for melee besides prayer of healing.
    6: Shadow fissure, move or be instakilled.
    7: Chains of Kel'Thuzad, always mind controls his current tank and he's immune to taunt. Needs a tank switch, plus 4 other players MC'd, fast CC needed since they get a 200% damage buff and warriors can turn around and instakill someone.
    8: Guardians of Icecrown can be CC'd in the 60 version, but only 3 of the 5 or Kel'Thuzad dispels the CC. They also hit a lot harder and in addition to gaining the Blood Tap damage buff over time they gain it on switching to and hitting a new target and on killing a player.

It's not going to be nearly as hard as a modern mythic encounter, but not exactly a pushover either. Plenty of abilities in play. The tuning difference vs the 80 version most people did is also monstrous. Frostbolt Volley in the 80 version did 5,000 frost damage to players with 25,000 HP, versus 3,500 damage to players with ~5,000 HP.

Four Horsemen will be fun too. You need to get all your healers and tanks to execute their group rotations perfectly for 10-15 minutes (in actual vanilla Four Horsemen was a 20-25 minute fight but DPS is better now). Unlike the 80 version the Horsemen shield wall at 50% and 25% and can barely be damaged for 20 seconds, making zerging a horseman down impossible. And the marks last 75 seconds instead of 25 seconds.

Gothik is a serious CC and tanking challenge at 60 as well.

You're right about how pathetic most classic content is. But that's exactly how Naxxramas 60 got its reputation, the late bosses in there were so much harder than the easy and simple content people were used to. They're not that hard now (and private server guilds that have done them before will steamroll them of course and you can trivialize them with world buff stacking) but at the time it was shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    Honestly, I doubt even 4H will be that much of a challenge to a serious guild anymore.
    And only because of the stupid amount of dps we do. Make the fights 5 minutes and you run into mana issues. Most classes can spam their spells for 45 seconds and still have mana left lol

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    Honestly, I doubt even 4H will be that much of a challenge to a serious guild anymore.
    It won't be that much of a challenge, but you'll have to actually do the encounter properly which is a big change from the laughable zergs the other classic raid instances are.

Four Horsemen is mostly an execution fight mind, light on gear requirements. Kel'Thuzad will assuredly be more challenging now that the correct way to do Horsemen is widely known.

Guilds wiped on Horsemen for months in 2006 because they didn't realize there was a small safe spot in the centre of the room if you tanked them in a specific way.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2020-01-11 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    You are missing the point.
    I 100% did miss your point originally.

Now that I understand it, I disagree with you. Vanilla is the common term that's been used forever to describe WoW as the basic and original incarnation of the game. I'm not sure why you so greatly dislike this term, and I've not once considered nor heard of someone referencing it as Ice Cream. Vanilla is a common term in the English language that means without frills or extra stuff.

From Google:

having no special or extra features; ordinary or standard.
    "choosing plain vanilla technology wherever you can will save you money"

So just because you don't understand how the term vanilla is used, doesn't make it's use bad. Do you also bitch and moan when people refer to something as 'stock' (As in without additions or extra accessories)? "IT'S NOT GOODS OR MERCHANDISE IN A WAREHOUSE YOU IDIOTS, STOP USING THAT AS A MEME!"

Wrong definition bud. Welcome to Language 101.

But to the original Point: Pre-BC WoW IS NOT Classic WoW. What we have RIGHT NOW is the only Classic WoW that has ever existed. The Wow From 2004 isn't Classic WoW. The games are extremely similar, yes, but due to the pacing, bug fixes, gear changes, and talent tree modifications that occurred over the life of original WoW... They aren't the same game. It goes beyond just player knowledge and deals with functionally being different by starting the entire game at patch 1.12.
    Last edited by xGLxAnubis; 2020-01-11 at 09:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    It's because most people remember vanilla pre 1.12.
    Most people don't remember anything of the sort. I played Classic (original) for the entire duration and I barely have any memories except a few stand outs, I certainly don't remember specifics of gameplay patch to patch. It takes an incredibly exceptional memory to recall all that with perfect accuracy from 15 years ago.
    Last edited by Vakna; 2020-01-11 at 09:27 AM.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    @tikcol boi I've been following this thread just to see the end of this exchange, OP has got you blindsided, you gotta come back with something meaningful or he 100% won this
    Well he wasn't wrong RBGs haven't been taken seriously since WoD. But let's let him believe it matters. Also before OP hits me with one of those cringy put up or shut ups, I don't play retail.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

lucifron 3
    magmadar 2
    gehannas 3
    garr 1
    shazzrah 4
    baron geddon 3
    harbringer 2
    golemagg 1
    executus 2
    ragnaros 3

and most of these are
    1. abilities by ads that die right away (See the flamewaker bosses)
    2. curses that last a very long time that arnt really that bad but should be dispelled cause they last a super long time
    3. abilities that dont even effect the entire raid, mostly just healer stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember back when you used to praise how hard and impossible vanilla would be?
    Now here you are.
    hows that going?
    I don't remember that, maybe you can help with that and find a post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Imagine thinking a screenshot proves anything or makes anything he's saying in this thread less garbage especially when he posts a screenshot with 2.1k rating in retail and calls himself the best player ever

If my memory isn't completely faulty there's a few bosses that should be at least mildly challenging in vanilla. Specifically Gothik the Harvester, the Four Horsemen, Kel'Thuzad and maybe? C'thun.

The rest are gonna fall over though. Especially BWL.

Kel'Thuzad is widely considered the hardest boss in classic and there's at least quite a few mechanics going on there. It's not going to be like the level 80 Naxxramas version of the fight, having done them both. His spell coolddowns are about 33% shorter and a number of the abilities work differently.

1: Phase 1 is 2 minutes longer than the 80 version with a fairly intense portion at the end, two skeletons hitting at the same time will kill most of the raid. Banshees one shot you now if they catch you.
    2: Frostbolt, one shots the tank if not interrupted. 11,000 frost damage 1.5 second cast.
    3: Frostbolt volley, is 'healer stuff' but 3500 frost damage on people with 4500 HP every 15 seconds hurts, plus keeps the raid 40% snared for his other abilities.
    4: Mana detonation, geddon bomb but with a 4 second duration instead of 10 as well as burns 50% of max mana.
    5: Frost Blast, 130% of max HP damage over 5 seconds, chains to anyone within 10 yards and continues chaining infinitely (unlike the 80 version.) Also you have no AoE heals for melee besides prayer of healing.
    6: Shadow fissure, move or be instakilled.
    7: Chains of Kel'Thuzad, always mind controls his current tank and he's immune to taunt. Needs a tank switch, plus 4 other players MC'd, fast CC needed since they get a 200% damage buff and warriors can turn around and instakill someone.
    8: Guardians of Icecrown can be CC'd in the 60 version, but only 3 of the 5 or Kel'Thuzad dispels the CC. They also hit a lot harder and in addition to gaining the Blood Tap damage buff over time they gain it on switching to and hitting a new target and on killing a player.

It's not going to be nearly as hard as a modern mythic encounter, but not exactly a pushover either. Plenty of abilities in play. The tuning difference vs the 80 version most people did is also monstrous. Frostbolt Volley in the 80 version did 5,000 frost damage to players with 25,000 HP, versus 3,500 damage to players with ~5,000 HP.

Four Horsemen will be fun too. You need to get all your healers and tanks to execute their group rotations perfectly for 10-15 minutes (in actual vanilla Four Horsemen was a 20-25 minute fight but DPS is better now). Unlike the 80 version the Horsemen shield wall at 50% and 25% and can barely be damaged for 20 seconds, making zerging a horseman down impossible. And the marks last 75 seconds instead of 25 seconds.

Gothik is a serious CC and tanking challenge at 60 as well.

You're right about how pathetic most classic content is. But that's exactly how Naxxramas 60 got its reputation, the late bosses in there were so much harder than the easy and simple content people were used to. They're not that hard now (and private server guilds that have done them before will steamroll them of course and you can trivialize them with world buff stacking) but at the time it was shocking.
    I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I don't think you know what you're talking about.

4 Horsemen for example, it's not a 10-15 minute fight, it's a 4 minute fight for a guild going balls to the wall. https://youtu.be/B3YPST0Xqfw?t=4075

And that's on private servers which have been proven to have higher health, resists and armor on bosses than on live classic servers, at least for MC. On classic that will probably be a 3 minute fight, maybe 5-6 on progression.

In original vanilla there's not a lot of videos of it being done, but here's one by Curse where it takes about 8:30 to kill the boss. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE-8l3UXtYI

For KT, you can actually go and watch the original world first video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CNN_Cn2L2A

Phase 1 is about 1 minute and 40 seconds long. You can also see very clearly at 4:10 the undead warrior marked with a circle eats a single target frostbolt. That UI and resolution is so scuffed I can't see how much damage it does, but he doesn't die.

I don't mean to sound harsh, especially since I agree with you in a broad sense, but you really need to fact check some of this stuff.

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I don't think you know what you're talking about.

4 Horsemen for example, it's not a 10-15 minute fight, it's a 4 minute fight for a guild going balls to the wall. https://youtu.be/B3YPST0Xqfw?t=4075

And that's on private servers which have been proven to have higher health, resists and armor on bosses than on live classic servers, at least for MC. On classic that will probably be a 3 minute fight, maybe 5-6 on progression.

In original vanilla there's not a lot of videos of it being done, but here's one by Curse where it takes about 8:30 to kill the boss. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE-8l3UXtYI

For KT, you can actually go and watch the original world first video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CNN_Cn2L2A

Phase 1 is about 1 minute and 40 seconds long. You can also see very clearly at 4:10 the undead warrior marked with a circle eats a single target frostbolt. That UI and resolution is so scuffed I can't see how much damage it does, but he doesn't die.

I don't mean to sound harsh, especially since I agree with you in a broad sense, but you really need to fact check some of this stuff.
    That's edited. Phase 1 is definitely 5 minutes 10 seconds. I've done the fight myself, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c_H3A0WkDU Also look at the video you yourself linked Kel'Thuzad phase 1 is 1h17m to 1h22m.

Here's a recent private server first progression kill of Four Horsemen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAy5rYghRik It's 14 minutes, no world buffs. The video you linked is with full world buffs which as I said trivialize anything in classic. That shit increases your damage by 2-3 times. Elysium didn't change the original tuning "Naxxramas will be released with no custom damage, health, armor, or resistance tuning."

Also in the curse video, you can see it's very sped up. The time stamps in chat though tell you how long their kill was. 11:40 they pull, 12:00 they kill the boss. 20 minute fight.

The warrior resisted it you can see he does the resist animation and doesn't turn blue. It's possible to survive the frostbolt, since it's a binary resist in classic though it's either full resist or nothing. Also with enough buffs you can get past 11,000 HP and survive it as well, or get lucky since it's 9,000-11,000 damage.

It's actually quite difficult to find a video with the frostbolt damage.

But here's something

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...898&height=676

2h53m03s the tank is at 8435 HP. 0.5 seconds left on Kel'Thuzad's frostbolt cast.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...887&height=677

2h53m04s tank is dead, one shot.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2020-01-11 at 10:23 PM.

Ye, back at you dude seeing as the whole premise of your post is baseless and incredibly ignorant as per your own videos.

- - - Updated - - -

That's edited. Phase 1 is definitely 5 minutes 10 seconds. I've done the fight myself, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c_H3A0WkDU Also look at the video you yourself linked Kel'Thuzad phase 1 is 1h17m to 1h22m.

Here's a recent private server first progression kill of Four Horsemen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAy5rYghRik It's 14 minutes, no world buffs. The video you linked is with full world buffs which as I said trivialize anything in classic. That shit increases your damage by 2-3 times. Elysium didn't change the original tuning "Naxxramas will be released with no custom damage, health, armor, or resistance tuning."

Also in the curse video, you can see it's very sped up. The time stamps in chat though tell you how long their kill was. 11:40 they pull, 12:00 they kill the boss. 20 minute fight.

The warrior resisted it you can see he does the resist animation and doesn't turn blue. It's possible to survive the frostbolt, since it's a binary resist in classic though it's either full resist or nothing. Also with enough buffs you can get past 11,000 HP and survive it as well, or get lucky since it's 9,000-11,000 damage.

It's actually quite difficult to find a video with the frostbolt damage.

But here's something

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...898&height=676

2h53m03s the tank is at 8435 HP. 0.5 seconds left on Kel'Thuzad's frostbolt cast.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...887&height=677

2h53m04s tank is dead, one shot.
    Private servers lol.
    Just drop it vanilla was not hard.