Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stupid decisions are stupid. Good job Blizzard you dumb fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Once again, just because you disagree doesn't mean something doesn't exist. There is a reason clearly stated in the official statement linked in the OP. It's blatantly wrong and makes you look stupid to say there is no reason.
    Yeah and the reason is boogus and inconsistent, once again.

My post also never said a reason doesn't exist. In fact, it explicitly points out that one exists, but that "it leaves a lot to be desired and feels half-hearted." Reading comprehension.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karry View Post
    Man I dont know what to say. I dont think there's something on this planet that I couldn't care less about than this. But I guess I can understand how some people would be "upset". Even tho being upset for smth like this is just childish and immature.
    I am mature man, I only care about things worth caring about. I wouldn't spend my days posting on a forum for games. I only get mad when my class isn't performing as good as I wish it did, like real adult manly man.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2020-01-10 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know when i first read that note i thought that it just meant that DH's could still do the black temple thing to unlock the xmog (w/out having to physically own the glaives).

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

This really feels arbitrary for me.

I didn't raid in BC. But people earned those glaives a decade before demon hunters were in the game. Excluding them specifically just feels unnecessary when they're going forward with all the other legendaries finally.

As a DH main, I kinda like that change. It leaves a bad taste though, because the weapons were usable by the other classes years ago, I get that.
    But having the "monopol" on glaives feels nice.

Also, wouldn't mind making other legendaries class exclusive. We all look the same nowadays anyway, so some restrictions would be nice.

On a completely different note - have you seen the old school Warglaives with the new melee animations? They suck hard. They sucked bad with the old animations, too.
    I think some people forget that they will still be swords - you won't just get DH combat animations out of thin air. You'll awkwardly swing them like swords, and that just looks silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah and the reason is boogus and inconsistent, once again.

My post also never said a reason doesn't exist. In fact, it explicitly points out that one exists, but that "it leaves a lot to be desired and feels half-hearted." Reading comprehension.
    It's funny you mention reading comprehension because neither of your replies to me seem to display it. If they did, you'd realize the post I was replying to said there was no logic. That is completely false and the only point I was raising. Your opinion of the logic used has no relevance to what I've said.

I did not originally reply to you. You responded with something irrelevant. I restated my point because it seemed you had failed to comprehend it.

It's funny you mention reading comprehension because neither of your replies to me seem to display it. If they did, you'd realize the post I was replying to said there was no logic. That is completely false and the only point I was raising. Your opinion of the logic used has no relevance to what I've said.

I did not originally reply to you. You responded with something irrelevant. I restated my point because it seemed you had failed to comprehend it.
    He said there's no real logical reason for the restrictions. You do grasp what that means, right? That isn't the same as asserting that a reason wasn't giving, it's implying that the reasons given aren't logical and/or cogent.

Again, either reading comprehension or less pedantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    He said there's no real logical reason for the restrictions. You do grasp what that means, right? That isn't the same as asserting that a reason wasn't giving, it's implying that the reasons given aren't logical and/or cogent.

Again, either reading comprehension or less pedantry.
    The other option is to not use words incorrectly. I choose that one.

that is fairly stupid imo.....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

It's kinda weird that all the sudden Blizzard actually care about people feeling like they've earned something instead of crushing it's value ie. at the end of Vanilla when they opened up ALL of the Grand Marshall weapons etc. to EVERYONE to buy shortly after people literally no-lifed it for months to earn them and carry that kind of prestige. Who tf cares about farming "new" old warglaives. This is just another random non-cohesive change that Blizzard has got their eye on the wrong ball....again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Warglaives are a weapon that only Demon Hunters can use...sorry you want to pretend you're a Demon Hunter while not actually playing one but some things should be exclusive...
    I think you’re missing the point here.

They’re one handed swords, not warglaives.

You can’t go back and retroactively reclassify weapon types/items that have existed for a decade plus, that’s just plain stupid.

Of course destroying zones, dungeons, raids and items are a popular Blizzard past time so why should this be any different.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

This thread reads like a cross between /r/ChoosingBeggers and /r/EntitledPeople.

Blizzard was very clear about why they allowed it for DH only. And that opened the door for the others. Quit throwing a temper tantrum because DHs have virtually NO transmog options versus the the other classes for their signature weapon.

Get over it. You're not going to get it.

Plot Twist: Players who got it at current content be like.........

The other option is to not use words incorrectly. I choose that one.
    Nah, seems like a you problem if you couldn't grasp it any other way but thoroughly literally in a way that served your argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    In the lore it's a traditional night elf weapon. Try again.
    I should actually be more specific I guess. Glaives that night elves use are different than what DH use, and different from the glaives that Belfs use. Nelf glaives typically have three blades, belf glaives have two long, straight blades with opposite facing edges, and DH glaives are curved with the blades facing the same direction.

The point is, in lore, only elves are dextrous enough to use these kinds of blades, and only DH typically use the type of glaives in question for this thread. I don't think a single nelf used Warglaive style glaives until Illidan, but I could always be wrong. Not all warriors or rogues would be capable of actually using the blades, only elf races, and I don't think Blizzard has ever made a weapon only usable by specific races outside of faction based things.

Edit: I forgot warden glaives, though they're more like big chakrams than glaives. Either way, very different than DH glaives.

My favorite part about this post is watching the people with DH profile pictures defending this position. Definitely unbiased opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is right tbf.
    Warglaives of Azzinoth were there before demon hunters and can be used by 5 classes; for obvious reasons, DH were not even around when they were current content, and they have no right to exclusivity to them.

If this is going to be the case, I demand Thori'dal will be a hunter specific transmo, because while everyone can equip it, it is specifically tied to the hunter class.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Imagine, 10 years from now, when you're an adult and life has actual consequences and your time has tangible heft...and you remember back to that day you got really, really upset over this stupid shit.
    bro you have 7800 posts on a video game forum

I don’t think these should be DH only; however, I do think everyone should have to go thru the same requirement to equip them. Actually collect them thru the original raid, and then do the BT timewalking event.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblecorn View Post
    bro you have 7800 posts on a video game forum
    Basically this.

It's painfully hypocritical to pretend you have some sort of high ground over somebody complaining over 'such a trivial issue' when you spend your days posting on a forum for games.

Always gotta love the lack of self-awareness, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    My favorite part about this post is watching the people with DH profile pictures defending this position. Definitely unbiased opinions.
    I feel like the only DH who is out for consistency and not being an exclusive snowflake over a weapon that was made when my class didn't even exist. I expected better from other DH players, tbh..