Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Vestments of the Eternal Traveler Transmog, Guild Chat Channels, Blue Posts

Vestments of the Eternal Traveler Transmogrification Set
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Hello.

Since the BlizzCon announcement of Shadowlands, we’ve seen concerns about whether it is intended that the quest for the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler transmogrification set can obtained from another player’s Ensorcelled Everwyrm mount.

This is not a bug. Access to this transmogrification set is a bonus available to anyone who purchases Shadowlands. While the Heroic Edition and Epic Edition also grant the Ensorcelled Everwyrm flying mount that summons the questgiver Xolartios, anyone who has purchased Shadowlands can interact with the questgiver and earn the transmog set. The quest for the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler will also remain available to all WoW accounts that have upgraded to Shadowlands after the launch of Shadowlands.

The questgiver does not offer the quest and rewards to player characters who have not yet pre-purchased Shadowlands.

Issue with Guild Chat Channels
    We experienced an issue today that affected guilds’ chat channels. As a result of this, we have lost all guild chat history and custom channels for guilds that had members log in for a portion of today. Other aspects of guilds, like the bank and roster, are unaffected.

We are actively investigating the matter and will update you if anything changes.

Thank you for your patience.

WoW Classic - Juju Flurry Buff - Not a Bug
    Hi All,

We would like to mention that the Juju Flurry buff is currently matching the behavior exhibited in the 1.12 reference client. Juju Flurry behaves similarly to Seal of the Crusader in that it increases your attack speed but also lowers your DPS by the same amount.

We also did some digging into our bug database from the Original WoW era and found that we had in fact filed a bug for this behaviour while the original game was current, but the issue was not actually fixed until the Burning Crusade pre-patch (patch 2.0.3). As this bug was present throughout Original WoW, we do not currently consider it to be a bug and is merely an aspect of the original game that was carried over into Classic.

Thank you!

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    [News] Death Knights for All Races Preview
    will the wraithchill illusion be fixed after the expansion came out?
    There are a couple of bugs with Wraithchill that were present in 8.2.5, and are fixed in Visions of N’Zoth. Looking through them, they appear to be unintended conflicts with other things that made the illusion go away.

Again – fixed with the update coming in 4 days. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Cloaks in Patch 8.3
    From my understanding, existing cloaks will still drop (ie, you can get them from questing, Eternal Palace, catch-up systems and the like), but there are no cloaks from the new raid, and the weekly chest was supposedly adjusted so it doesn’t drop any cloaks.

Just wanted to reinforce what he said.
    Existing cloaks will still drop (like quests, Eternal Palace, catch-up systems, etc.), but there are no cloaks from Ny’alotha, and the weekly chests (M+ and PvP) were adjusted so they don’t drop cloaks either. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

What to Expect in Visions of N’Zoth and Season 4
    Question, will we get residuum out of the cache on the 21st? since you say residuum is back on the 21st and we get rewards from caches again will there be residuum FROM the cache that we acquire on the 21st? like reduced to season 4 amounts? or will we not get any out of a cache until the following week on the 28th?
    After the content update (in this region, on Tuesday, January 14 starting at 7:00 a.m. PST), we remain in Season 3 for one week. So any Mythic Keystone rewards chests that you’ll open any time before the weekly reset on Tuesday, January 28 (in this region) will be Season 3 chests. They will not contain Titan Residuum.

Those chests will reward double the usual AP.

In Visions of N’Zoth, Titan Residuum is only obtainable from Season 4 chests and Season 4 Azerite items. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Patch 8.3 Cloak Progression
    Am I reading it wrong or does this say it’s going to take 42 weeks to max out cloak since you can only get one drop a week?
    “1 drop across all sources” = 3 resistance a week. 125/3=42 ish

And that’s only after you grind to rank 15

Just reiterating what was said by someone else, but at rank 15, the legendary cloak will have 50 Corruption Resistance at which point you’ll be able to earn a Malefic Core each week which will further increase the resistance by 3 each time. You will have the ability to get the legendary cloak to rank 15 faster than in 15 weeks.

I do not know what these ‘adjustments’ will mean, but will something be done to lower Operation Mechagon to a Heroic Dungeon
    Yes, it will be at Heroic level when Operation Mechagon goes live with the two parts. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums
    Last edited by chaud; 2020-01-11 at 04:12 AM.

That kind of does seem like a bug that they are just not calling a bug given that the only reference to the transmog set is on the Heroic Edition preorder, which actually shows the set in the preview image. Also being that the way to start and complete the quest kind of involves the mount...

I did heroic edition for the mount rather than the transmog but I imagine there are players would would have just pre-ordered the base edition if they knew the transmog was still available to them...

Well thats a severe case of false advertising considering it literally states you only get it from Heroic onwards

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh did you spend more money because the information we gave you wasn't clear? Well fuck you.

Thx Blizz

Well, good news for my guildies with base edition I guess.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Time to take advantage of my friend.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard would invent cure for cancer, people without cancer here would bitch that others gets stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If Blizzard would invent cure for cancer, people without cancer here would bitch that others gets stuff.
    The expensive version of the game exclusively says you get a transmog set as one of its selling points. Apparently you don't need to buy that version to get the set from someone who did, which was not communicated and many considered a bug, leading to the need of the Blizzard post above. Does that not sound like misleading advertising?
    What cure and what cancer are you crying about..

Im 99% sure that it's a bug they decided to call feature, because it would be way too much hassle to remove the xmog from everyone, while also making sure they would be able to actually obtain it if they upgraded to a version eligible for it.

I'm ok with that. I bought the heroic edition for the lvl 120 boost.

Eh they probably didn't want to bother backtracking it.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Well thats a severe case of false advertising considering it literally states you only get it from Heroic onwards
    No it doesn't, it literally says "The flying mount grants a quest for the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler transmog set". It doesn't state anywhere that it's not available to anyone else or only available when you purchase the heroic or higher package.

In my opinion it's a good thing that it's available to everyone and not just for people who pay more. The mount is the bonus, like it has always been.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Im 99% sure that it's a bug they decided to call feature, because it would be way too much hassle to remove the xmog from everyone, while also making sure they would be able to actually obtain it if they upgraded to a version eligible for it.
    It can't be seen otherwise, since they clearly advertised the mog-set as a plus feature. It doesnt really matter tbh, it looks awfull and the grinding part to get it was the most exiting thing about it.

The seller for the epic version was the unique weapon enchant and the HS toy, both are cool and with the 30d-free-gametime it was not really a hard choice to make.

Traveler's Hearthstone/Dark Portal/Greatfather Winter's Hearthstone are great additions for the multiple hearthstones we use in the game. It's always the small things that matter.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Xydenn View Post
    No it doesn't, it literally says "The flying mount grants a quest for the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler transmog set". It doesn't state anywhere that it's not available to anyone else or only available when you purchase the heroic or higher package.

In my opinion it's a good thing that it's available to everyone and not just for people who pay more. The mount is the bonus, like it has always been.
    Then shouldnt the icon for the transmog set be at the Standard edition? Nowhere does it state or even imply that its part of the standard edition.

Its a bug Blizzard cant be arsed to fix because the people who would preorder for the set already did so

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Then shouldnt the icon for the transmog set be at the Standard edition? Nowhere does it state or even imply that its part of the standard edition.

Its a bug Blizzard cant be arsed to fix because the people who would preorder for the set already did so
    Unless they changed it on the official site, then no, it’s not a bug or false advertisement. Now, I also thought the transmog was from one of the special editions, but it turns out that people misinterpreted the information. Now, some things can be seen that Blizzard could have conveyed better, but the reading comprehension still falls on the players.
    Not upset about this, and I’m someone who bought the epic edition. I still got things I enjoy out of it, so I am not upset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bull crud. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/shadowlands go to pre purchase

They literally have a toggle which shows what's under each edition

Base edition-> shadowlands , cevenants , covenant soulbinds
    heroic -> everything in the base + vestments of the eternal traveler, enscrolled everwyrm , character boost
    epic -> illusion, pet, hearthstone, vestments, mount, character boost

Set looks like garbage, preordering is bullshit, but they fucked up the advertising somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Set looks like garbage, preordering is bullshit, but they fucked up the advertising somehow.

True; aside from liking the gloves (which sadly sit
    Under robes, not over) for certain transmogs, the rest of the set is beyond useles

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Bull crud. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/shadowlands go to pre purchase

They literally have a toggle which shows what's under each edition

Base edition-> shadowlands , cevenants , covenant soulbinds
    heroic -> everything in the base + vestments of the eternal traveler, enscrolled everwyrm , character boost
    epic -> illusion, pet, hearthstone, vestments, mount, character boost
    Instant access to the Ensorcelled Everwyrm flying mount, which grants a quest for the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler transmog set
    I don't mean to be a pedant, but they've got their asses covered here.

The advertising text states that the mount offers a quest for the transmog.
    But it doesn't say that that offering is exclusively for the mount owner

Seems like a learn to read issue to me