Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Theres a lot of reasons bush fires happen.

Genuine arsonists, as in, people that actually lit fires with malicious intent. This could be just people who love fire, love chaos or, it could be like those people who spray paint swastikas on their dorm houses and then pretend right wingers did it. I would bet my bottom dollar that at least one of these bushfires, probably not in Australia but in California, will have been started by a mentally ill soyboy trying to 'raise awareness.'

Accidental fires, like campfires going too far, people trying to do controlled burns but fucking them up, children off school playing with fire without realising the consequences...

and lastly and least likely - climate change. It is very, very unlikely that any bushfire in Australia was started by climate change, given that all of the meteorological reports were coming back as normal. This is just bushfire season in Australia. Remember, whilst its freezing cold up here in Europe, NA and so on, down there they're currently having their hottest months of the year. That combined with this time of year always resulting in the least amount of rain in the year, results in essentially the entire country just being one big tinderbox.

The solution to this for decades was 'controlled burns' or 'backburns' / other names. Essentially seperating an area in the dead underbrush and burning away that, so when the bushfires inevitably happen, they can't spread nearly as fast or far.

Green lobbyists have been fighting back against this for a decade or so now. If i was to blame one single group, it wouldn't be arsonists, who are few and far between, it would be Green lobbyists, who've done to Australia, what anti-vaxxers would do to their kids - love them to death. They're so terrified of anything happening to the planet, that they'll not allow people to save their country when needed.
    Yeah, its not like the conservatives(liberals( are in charge or anything, nah, they dont have any power at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Remember this?
    Shit that was posted and debunked earlier in the thread?

Yes, I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    How pathetic do you have to be to make such a gross exaggeration.

LMAO.

Try the 2003 Siberian Taiga Fires , covering 47 Million Acres in Russia.

- - - Updated - - -

I will wager when this is all over, a lot will be down to "green tape" councils and clearance that was never done or hamstrung in scope owing to local council "green agenda" interference.

Remember this?

https://www.beefcentral.com/news/qld...eaks-too-wide/

https://www.smh.com.au/national/fine...0212-85bd.html

https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/20...overy/11413858

https://www.northweststar.com.au/sto...-says-agforce/

I use the term "green tape" as an accurate description of the bureaucratic idiocy involved.

Conspiracy? No.

Green agenda stupidity? Yes.

See you all in six months.
    At 5.9 million hectares, per your post, the fire is still a solid second behind the 2003 Siberian Taiga fires.

As of January 8, the acreage burned has gone up to 10.5 million hectares. Unfortunately, as the fire fronts grew and the fires started to merge, the burn rate accelerated and it became harder to fight the fires.

Fire season in Southwest Australia normally ended around March/April. So Southwest Australia still has another 3-4 months of fire season. Assuming the monsoonal rain arrive on schedule in 2020. After all you just had three consecutive years of well below normal monsoonal season. Which exacerbated the current fire season. I am crossing my fingers that Australia is not going to see a fourth year of drought.

Also, April is the start of the fire season for Australia northern territories. Technically it is still the rainy season in the northern territories. Yet, you already have some fires burning in the region.

I think Australia better pass a death penalty for crimes like these..
    that or revoke their citizenship and send them out of the country.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I think Australia better pass a death penalty for crimes like these..
    that or revoke their citizenship and send them out of the country.
    Most of the fire is natural, so they have bigger problems.
    Making some stateless is also a huge human rights violation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this really the kind of drek people are dredging up now?

Listen to yourself: "Left wing loonies are starting fires to prove that climate change is real!"

You sound like a joke Donald Trump tweet made up by the Onion.

Have some fucking decency, man.

I lived in Southern California for most of my life, and I can tell you with better authority than some fake-woke armchair Londoner that devastating wildfires aren't only the result of malicious individuals, much less some bullshit conspiracy nonsense. Lightning. A bird flying into a power line. Campers starting fires in fire pits that then spread. A car flaming out on the side of the road. Someone chucking a damned cigarette out their window. ALL of these things can and do cause wildfires.

And guess what? The climatic conditions that right-wing individuals have willfully ignored and fought to distract from for decades to make a buck? Yeah, those are contributing to the fire conditions being more prevalent.

Or is your contention that those drought conditions are being caused by insidious left wingers with chem trails or some other bullshit conspiracy, too, in their malefic plan to... get you to recycle, or something?
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-01-12 at 05:50 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    In Australia, the term “Coal Baron” is more appropriate.
    HOW GOOD IS COAL???

Hmm, how about a catch-all term "old fossils"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Green lobbyists have been fighting back against this for a decade or so now. If i was to blame one single group, it wouldn't be arsonists, who are few and far between, it would be Green lobbyists, who've done to Australia, what anti-vaxxers would do to their kids - love them to death. They're so terrified of anything happening to the planet, that they'll not allow people to save their country when needed.
    The Greens with their one or two councillers/MPs in power? Or...

Maybe it was a certain LNP state government who demolished national park funding for fire management officers and funding for firefighting in general.

Never thought it would reach this point. However, as of 01/14 the acreage burned was the same as the 2003 Siberia Taiga fire.

Yes, clearly it is the party that holds a tiny number of seats in government's fault! Yes. It is clearly them!

Or maybe it was the party/coalition that's been in control of government since 2013 making these decisions?
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2020-01-16 at 07:05 AM.