Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Are they wrong tho?
    Not showing effort in making a trailer about an rather large event shows lack of passion or giving a fuck about the game.
    Im fairly sure an 2min trailer with ingame assets dosnt take that long to make, show off the features and raid of the patch is something we have come to expect, and not having one shows at best, lack of giving a fuck and at worst that they have given up yet another thing, which is kinda sad.
    There's no trailer for the expansion after Shadowlands, either. Pretty fucking lazy of Blizzard, I mean, Activision Blizzard, am I right?

Oh and a tiny edit, I wonder if the people in this thread will post here once the trailer is out and admit they're wrong, and that they've learned from it - or perhaps they'll never return again.

Lmao, of course they'll return, because the trailer will be shit!!! XD
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Tides of Vengeance trailer December 11

Patch 8.1 release date December 11
    terror of darkshore main cinematic

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    terror of darkshore main cinematic
    Terror of darkshore isn't a trailer though, it's an early released ingame cinematic.

This is a trailer.

It's the same type of trailer like 8.2 for example

8.2s trailer was just the intro cinematic.

its been pretty clear blizzard has given up on Retails marketing since like 6.2

Now it’s clear why there is no announcement shadowlands book

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Come on now. Do you think this is the real reason?

- - - Updated - - -

True. I'm going to wait to judge until it's actually released.
    I have to admit I'm doubtful, though.
    You're right, I'm sorry. There is no trailer because blizz doesn't care anymore lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Can't blame them. Every single new trailer they post get's review bombed into oblivion instantly. So it looks like People don't want trailers.
    The 8.2 trailer was pretty well received actually

13k likes to 1k dislikes

What kind of book would they release? Story about bolvar or just Erotic fiction of nathanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    You're right, I'm sorry. There is no trailer because blizz doesn't care anymore lol.
    No. If there is really no trailer, it's more likely it's because 8.3 is phoned in and is just compulsory filler until the content that most of the work is going towards (Shadowlands) arrives.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe not a trailer per se, but a promotional video/story cinematic on the patch's release. It's marketing and they shouldn't neglect it.

i couldnt care less if there is a trailer or not, if the raid is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    There's no trailer for the expansion after Shadowlands, either. Pretty fucking lazy of Blizzard, I mean, Activision Blizzard, am I right?

Oh and a tiny edit, I wonder if the people in this thread will post here once the trailer is out and admit they're wrong, and that they've learned from it - or perhaps they'll never return again.

Lmao, of course they'll return, because the trailer will be shit!!! XD
    I'm not really sure if I should treat your post seriously or you're just using sarcasm?

If it's the first thing then yeah... People have right to dislike Blizzard even more, because patch trailers, as I wrote above, were a nice touch.
    Don't tell me that people didn't love "Let them come... Frostmourne hungers!", because they clearly did!

And it has nothing to do with bringing more negativity, if a company is lowering it's standards then they should be prepared for a negative backlash.
    We(the people who play the games) aren't sheeps who just accept everything, and people shouldn't do that. We should criticize everything and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    What kind of book would they release? Story about bolvar or just Erotic fiction of nathanos.
    Sylvanas getting to Northrend is an option, I wouldn't like it because it would probably be boring, but yeah... that's an option.

Because 8.3 obviously isn't a phoned in patch that is just filling in the space between now and Shadowlands. It's a fully realized patch that tackles a boss in the making since Cataclysm in a respectable and satisfactory way, with two new custom ingame zones and a bunch of new armor transmog sets and tonnes of new mount models, no recolors.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-01-11 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canderous1 View Post
    i couldnt care less if there is a trailer or not, if the raid is good.
    I don't think people are heartbroken over the sheer fact that there is no trailer as much as the implications.

8.3 is like Uldir alliance storyline

Maybe they depend on mythic raid race streams instead of a trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

Yeah, sorry for the sarcasm and sodium overdose there.

Yeah, sorry for the sarcasm and sodium overdose there.
    That's just made me even more sad, eh... Expected more from Blizz. Maybe we'll get an awesome trailer soon.

To this day I still get chills with the Let them come... Frostmourne Hungers!.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nah, it would be all about Sylvie's adventures with her new, ghostly sugar daddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

8.3 small lore only 2 cinimatic
    2.10m anduin and wrathion gay kiss
    50 sec shameful death n'zoth like azshara

7+ Year Old Account
    They'll probably just drop the trailer on launch day.

Story about Bolvar, Story about Sylvanas plans (which they will retcon into oblivion a month later for obvious reasons) and her journey to Northrend.

Maybe something different this time and it's a book about the Shadowlands and they'll cover the rest in short stories.
    who knows.

Formerly known as Arafal