Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    You might like collecting transmog, but it's not content. It's a topping, not a meal.

Nowadays it seems Blizzard figured they can drop a few new pieces of transmog to grind for in repetitive, old content and a meaningless achievement to go with it, and call it content.
    Ice Cream is food even if its just a snack.

Anything you can do in WoW is content, doesn't matter if you like it or not.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You might like collecting transmog, but it's not content. It's a topping, not a meal.

Nowadays it seems Blizzard figured they can drop a few new pieces of transmog to grind for in repetitive, old content and a meaningless achievement to go with it, and call it content.
    Why do people think that the only thing that qualifies as content is the first playthrough of a single player experience in an MMO(RPG)?

I consider transmog a feature in the game. I guess in a way features count as content. If that's the case, you could also consider S.E.L.F.I.E as content. :P
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2020-01-11 at 02:42 PM.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Same reason people think raiding is content.

You might like raiding, but it isn't content. It is a topping, not a meal.

You can say the same about every aspect of the game if you want.

And to this day, you only post BS.

5+ Year Old Account

Because it gives you something to advance your character in a lateral sense, if you are that way inclined. In this regard, it's a lot like pet battles or (hypothetically) housing. You may not like it, but it's content nevertheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Man, I wish I could do nothing and get all these transmogs like OP.

I don't. It would be boring, but still.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2020-01-11 at 03:06 PM.

It is content. I spent many weeks levelling a Ren'dorei to 110 so that I could transmog the Ren'dorei heritage armor. I put effort into something and was rewarded at the end. How is that not content?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Well, it's not just the bundle of achievements of getting your first class set of each era collected, it's also the marker of green 6/8 incomplete going to yellow 8/8 complete for each class set. Sure your first set out of any raid is going to be a little more satisfying because it has that bonus achievement that's telling you you're just a little bit more fashionable - which is probably the most genuine an achievement is going to be with you, because you literally do have more in your collection to work with now, and can now literally select the set in the transmog station now.

But I mean, yeah, filling bars. Same reason some people level, same reason some people get reputation. All these other things are considered content for similar reasons, and transmog permanently offers you something new to wear on top of all that which can add to your enjoyment of all other aspects of the game you play through - which, incidentally, were also reasons some people may have had for leveling or getting reputation before.

Collecting is a form of completion, which a lot of people like doing with video-games in general besides.
    And even if we were just talking about outfitting characters, even just thinking of dressing yourself up - these things can be fun too.

Ok, kiddo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

It's not content, it's art. Content is art + a mechanic or function. A game with 100% transmog "content" would just be a game of dressup. This skin collecting obsessed gamer generation is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    fresh off the boat account,
    6 posts in total,
    all 6 of which are just created threads
    2 of which have been closed for baiting

fuck i need to vet brand new accounts better before i post in this shit.
    Yeah they should just crack down and put restrictions on new accounts already... honestly, when have you seen a new account not used for flaming and trolling? Honest to god.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post

And to this day, you only post BS.
    He's not wrong though, at worst, it's equal to OP's "BS".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    "You might like doing this thing but let me tell you, I don't find it fun so therefore it's not content". That's basically what I'm getting from this.

It is content whether you like it or not. Anything added to the game is content. Definition: "everything that is included in a collection and that is held or included in something". So even though it's not a quest or a dungeon or a raid or a boss to fight it's SOMETHING. The weapons, armor, mounts, and pets in the game is content. Content isn't exclusive to things you can DO it's just the stuff that makes up the game no matter how small it is.

So stop trying to change the definition. If you don't like the content that's fine but it doesn't mean the definition changes.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

It is art asset that needs to be made. It is worth money.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Well, technically, OP, due to the definition of the word content, TECHNICALLYLLYLYLYLYYYYYYYY that lazy iteration is content!!! See? You're wrong, we're right, join the circle jerk, hehe!"

I agree with OP. Transmog is lazy, uninspired, boring, lazy, not creative in the slightest (oooh, i want this tint of the same 3 polygon sets i already have!), not fun, not new, not interesting, no one cares what you look like and doesn't progress your character whatsoever and you already look exactly like someone else anyway because armor and clothing and cosmetics are an after thought in this game.

Sorry, that's the reality.

Also just laugh at the hypocrisy of people slamming Classic because, "why would I wanna go back and do content I already did that's faceroll?" then turn around and collect 12 year old t-mog that they already did the content for to collect, most likely multiple times. Derp!
    Last edited by msdos; 2020-01-11 at 03:45 PM.

EL OH EL

I want every xmog appearance in the game, how long do you think that will take? How long does a raid stay viable? Seems like my content is the meal and not the topping
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Just because it isn't content to you, doesn't mean it isn't to others. I know players who think transmog is the best feature ever added, and it's their favorite thing. Transmog encourages players to re-visit old content with transmog runs, filling dungeons and raids that would have otherwise been empty with players and groups who repeat the content, and spread awareness by sharing via social media or in-game chats what fun they have collecting X and Y sets from A and B instances. It's not content in the context you consider something content, but it adds replay value to the game by using old assets.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    "Well, technically, OP, due to the definition of the word content, TECHNICALLYLLYLYLYLYYYYYYYY that lazy iteration is content!!! See? You're wrong, we're right, join the circle jerk, hehe!"

I agree with OP. Transmog is lazy, uninspired, boring, lazy, not creative in the slightest (oooh, i want this tint of the same 3 polygon sets i already have!), not fun, not new, not interesting, no one cares what you look like and doesn't progress your character whatsoever and you already look exactly like someone else anyway because armor and clothing and cosmetics are an after thought in this game.

Also just laugh at the hypocrisy of people slamming Classic because, "why would I wanna go back and do content I already did that's faceroll?" then turn around and collect 12 year old t-mog that they already did the content for to collect, most likely multiple times. Derp!
    Come, compete with us https://www.dataforazeroth.com/#/lea...nt-appearances

You think the only people that farm xmog do it because they care about looks? I don't xmog at all, I run around looking like shit 24/7 lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯I'm just a collector.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-01-11 at 03:54 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post

Sounds like someone is upset.

So the reality is whatever you and the OP don't like is considered not to be content? Am I getting this right? Transmog to you is stupid so it's not content. It's like saying tomatoes aren't fruit because you think they taste bad. Then you talk about being right and wrong and in your next paragraph you proceed to project your opinion as if it was a fact. Who's the hypocrite now?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

You don't get to decide what is content man.

People spend hundreds of hours mog farming, mount farming, pet farming, pet battling, leveling alts. Just because you don't like doing it, doesn't mean it's "not content".