Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Received 24hour ban for character name?

I just received from Blizzard a 24 hour ban to my wow account for the name Pootitang. This is a name I have used since WOTLK. I thought that they jsut gave you a forced name change, have they moved to banning you if your name gets reported? Also, Pootitang is not a word and has no meaning, past the respelling of a character from a movie. Urban dictionary ( which I just looked at now after being banned ) only lists it as a reference to the movie, or as being slang for "pretty thing". I think this is a very bad direction for Blizzard to move to, straight up banning an account based on someone disliking your character name.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    I just received from Blizzard a 24 hour ban to my wow account for the name Pootitang. This is a name I have used since WOTLK. I thought that they jsut gave you a forced name change, have they moved to banning you if your name gets reported? Also, Pootitang is not a word and has no meaning, past the respelling of a character from a movie. Urban dictionary ( which I just looked at now after being banned ) only lists it as a reference to the movie, or as being slang for "pretty thing". I think this is a very bad direction for Blizzard to move to, straight up banning an account based on someone disliking your character name.
    Never seen somebody get an outright ban. I do know the name change system doesn't make total sense and may just be automated based on reports, so somebody who is vindictive or plain childish could try to get you a forced namechange even if the name doesn't break the rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strange. I'm guessing it's the "Poo" part that's "bad"? I've seen worse names that hasn't been punished (though I have no idea if they've ever been reported)..
    Hi

gonna need more information. a 24 hour ban simply for your name being reported doesn't quite add up. were you flaming somebody? using profanity?

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Strange. I'm guessing it's the "Poo" part that's "bad"? I've seen worse names that hasn't been punished (though I have no idea if they've ever been reported)..
    The name is slang for the vagina. It's pretty old as the last time I heard it was on the playground in the late 80s, but I remembered what it meant instantly.

Hi.

You can get a ban from mmochamp for making a thread that is a blatant lie.

I do not know how to prove there was nothing else involved, I'm too old to get involved with arguments with people in a video game. Definitely no profanity was used. I log in, do WQ, do some M+ with guild.

Maybe the GM isn't about to sign his pitty on the runny kine.

https://imgur.com/a/n0vq4GX
    This is a screen shot ( from my phone where I get my emails ) of what Blizzard sent me. The violation was name change, the account unlock date at the bottom is tomorrow. When I try and log in now the message I get is I have 23 hours left on suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    So.. No ban, just a suspension. Huge difference. Expected as much!

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post

- - - Updated - - -

What is the difference between a 24 hour ban and a 24 hour suspension other than semantics?

Yeah, that's an automated suspension. Bans aren't 24hours. I had the same thing happen when I made my ingame name my friends real name(First/last) and it was funny/a good time until I left the guild and he got butt hurt and got the entire guild to report the name.
    I've had a lot of names over the years to get banned(forced name change) like Emoforeskin...golliwog....pinkcanoe... and never did they result in a ban, usually it's just snowflakes or spergs in BG matches reporting it when you kill them and once the reports hit a certain number it gets forced changed.

But a suspension is from a mass report at once, so chances are you pissed someone off or someone with pink hair got offended by it and got their guild to report it at once.

From urban dictionary:
    "3
    pootie
    A piece of ass. Popularized by the movie "Pootie Tang".

pootie
    A womans pelvic region

pootie
    Vagina"

Guess your not to old to make female parts characters puns names.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Yeah, that's an automated suspension. Bans aren't 24hours. I had the same thing happen when I made my ingame name my friends real name(First/last) and it was funny/a good time until I left the guild and he got butt hurt and got the entire guild to report the name.
    I've had a lot of names over the years to get banned(forced name change) like Emoforeskin...golliwog....pinkcanoe... and never did they result in a ban, usually it's just snowflakes or spergs in BG matches reporting it when you kill them and once the reports hit a certain number it gets forced changed.

But a suspension is from a mass report at once, so chances are you pissed someone off or someone with pink hair got offended by it and got their guild to report it at once.
    Why is Emoforeskin bannable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres some imbecile running around on EU named "Actualcancer" who doesn't get banned.. but this does

If you have an issue with the game contact the customer support. Nobody here can help you, or verify your claims. Blizz doesn't just ban people without reason usually. They want your cash and for you to be playing the game. If they did, it probably means you deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Theres some imbecile running around on EU named "Actualcancer" who doesn't get banned.. but this does
    You know right!

Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    From urban dictionary:
    "3
    pootie

pootie
    A womans pelvic region

pootie
    Vagina"

I did not look that up, just Pootitang, which was the name. That though is just as cynical of a leap to make as to say I was making a pun on "Poo" which is slang for feces. Which either way, is a SUSPENSION required for making a mistake in naming a character?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If you have an issue with the game contact the customer support. Nobody here can help you, or verify your claims. Blizz doesn't just ban people without reason usually. They want your cash and for you to be playing the game. If they did, it probably means you deserved it.
    I did contact game support, I was not looking here for any resolution, just to vent frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    From urban dictionary:
    "3
    pootie

pootie
    A womans pelvic region

pootie
    Vagina"

OP said he googled this after, and found it meant pretty thing, yet you were able to find all that info.

I now understand why he was banned. However I don't see any problem with Emoforeskin - @dipzz how on earth is foreskin offesnive or bannable? Distasteful at the most, but nothing else.

my first main was a rogue. I chose literally 4 characters at random: kapp

one day I got a force rename.

Why?
    Someone report this name because apparently it was the name of a 1930's fascist journalist....

I was like seriously...