Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    OP said he googled this after, and found it meant pretty thing, yet you were able to find all that info.

I now understand why he was banned. However I don't see any problem with Emoforeskin - @dipzz how on earth is foreskin offesnive or bannable? Distasteful at the most, but nothing else.
    So you make the leap that I meant to reference female pelvic region, and you think that IS reasonable to be suspended, but using the term foreskin in a name, a word that literally means part of male anatomy, would not be reasonable to be suspended?
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    So.. No ban, just a suspension. Huge difference. Expected as much!
    He literally said a 24 "hour" ban, which is the same thing as being suspended for 24 hours. You can be banned, or suspended indefinitely. They both mean the same fucking thing.

Don't act like a nerd and pretend you had an "ah-ha" moment and caught him in some huge lie that only you were smart enough to figure out. Fucking kids these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the OP names his character after slang for female parts, and is outraged about being banned. Sounds about right.

"I can't believe it, I was forced to change my totally innocent name of Massivpekker and banned for 24 hours, I'm innocent I tell ya!"

Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    From urban dictionary:
    "3
    pootie
    A piece of ass. Popularized by the movie "Pootie Tang".

pootie
    A womans pelvic region

pootie
    Vagina"

Guess your not to old to make female parts characters puns names.
    Sounds like you have an axe to grind with folks. First, he was lying(he wasn't), now he's immature because he likes a movie? You are the type of person who shouldn't be on the internet. Take your vendetta elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    So the OP names his character after slang for female parts, and is outraged about being banned. Sounds about right.

"I can't believe it, I was forced to change my totally innocent name of Massivpekker and banned for 24 hours, I'm innocent I tell ya!"
    I have a friend who uses the name rekcufraeb, and it is still an active name. I've used Dickwizard, and variants of it, no issues by Blizzard standards. Someone saw his name, didn't like it, and reported him. That is the only way to get a ban on someone's name. Blizzard doesn't really use in-game GMs anymore to monitor this stuff past character creation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping after you contacted support they reversed your ban. This seems like a super petty and pointless punishment for a mild name as yours (not to criticize your name or anything). I just don't get what the point is with not letting someone play the game for a day because of their name. They'll just go on the next day and they're still going to have the same name so what the actual fuck is the point? It's like being sent to the corner for time out.

I had a friend that had a character named Saltyballs once. Same thing happened to him but instead Blizzard forced his name to be changed to some random dumb sounding one. They didn't even let him choose another name. Imagine being the douchebag reporting names to either be a troll or because they're actually offended by it. Imagine how pathetic his/her life must be.

Blizzard can be such sensitive little pricks too. Always concerned with being politically correct all the time so they don't offend all the crybabies out there.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    I'm hoping after you contacted support they reversed your ban. This seems like a super petty and pointless punishment for a mild name as yours (not to criticize your name or anything). I just don't get what the point is with not letting someone play the game for a day because of their name. They'll just go on the next day and they're still going to have the same name so what the actual fuck is the point? It's like being sent to the corner for time out.

I had a friend that had a character named Saltyballs once. Same thing happened to him but instead Blizzard forced his name to be changed to some random dumb sounding one. They didn't even let him choose another name. Imagine being the douchebag reporting names to either be a troll or because they're actually offended by it. Imagine how pathetic his/her life must be.

Blizzard can be such sensitive little pricks too. Always concerned with being politically correct all the time so they don't offend all the crybabies out there.
    Still no response from support on my ticket, but thanks. I will likely receive a response some time tomorrow, after the suspension is naturally lifted.

How about... making 'normal' RPG fitting name instead making it meme/pun/using weird letters like ö in it or other 'hahaha my name is so funny dudeee'?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Never seen somebody get an outright ban. I do know the name change system doesn't make total sense and may just be automated based on reports, so somebody who is vindictive or plain childish could try to get you a forced namechange even if the name doesn't break the rules.
    Hi. I know this doesn’t change much, but I had been banned for 3 hours back in Cataclysm , for my name. I was forced to change it too.

The main thing is that I got banned AFTER my 2nd name change. The first name change was just forced by Blizzard, due to violation. My 2nd time on same char and same account caused me to get banned. OP probably is not saying the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    How about... making 'normal' RPG fitting name instead making it meme/pun/using weird characters like ö or other 'hahaha my name is so funny dudeee'?
    I suppose if I was on an RP server I would concern myself with that, I picked a character name from a movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Hi. I know this doesn’t change much, but I had been banned for 3 hours back in Cataclysm , for my name. I was forced to change it too.

The main thing is that I got banned AFTER my 2nd name change. The first name change was just forced by Blizzard, due to violation. My 2nd time on same char and same account caused me to get banned. OP probably is not saying the whole story.
    I think I had a forced name change on another character years ago, maybe that effected this one? I have definitely never had a forced name change on this character before. My experience in the past is the reason I was so surprised that I got a suspension and not just a name change.

3+ Year Old Account
    I have had a character called "bootyhole" since 2007. Lol.

All I can do is //facepalm when I see some names people make.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    I suppose if I was on an RP server I would concern myself with that, I picked a character name from a movie.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I had a forced name change on another character years ago, maybe that effected this one? I have definitely never had a forced name change on this character before. My experience in the past is the reason I was so surprised that I got a suspension and not just a name change.
    Most likely.

Either this or GM had a bad day.

I have played WoW for many years and I encountered bans all over the place. Sometimes I done stupid things and got reported then the GM whispered me with a warning. The other time I done a minor thing and got banned for 3 hours. *shrugs*

I do not know how to prove there was nothing else involved, I'm too old to get involved with arguments with people in a video game. Definitely no profanity was used. I log in, do WQ, do some M+ with guild.
    Too old to get involved in arguments but not old enough to name your character something other than pootitang and be surprised that you get a ban for name. I mean, obviously you know what it is, and if you even urban dictionary like you said you did you definitely know what it is. I have no opinion one way or the other because whatever, but I mean it's hardly surprising take your day off and chase after some real pootitang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

I just received from Blizzard a 24 hour ban to my wow account for the name Pootitang. This is a name I have used since WOTLK. I thought that they jsut gave you a forced name change, have they moved to banning you if your name gets reported? Also, Pootitang is not a word and has no meaning, past the respelling of a character from a movie. Urban dictionary ( which I just looked at now after being banned ) only lists it as a reference to the movie, or as being slang for "pretty thing". I think this is a very bad direction for Blizzard to move to, straight up banning an account based on someone disliking your character name.
    Yeah no, you are lying.
    you do not get a 24 hour ban for a bad name, unless this is your third time.
    the only time you get a ban for a name is

change your name its bad
    *Changes name to something bad*
    Change your name its bad, stop making your name bad
    *Changes name to something bad again*
    Stop it dude, this is a warning
    *Changes it to something bad again.*
    24 hour ban.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine the dirty names people have with non-supported languages, Blizzard really doesn't take any effort with banning/renaming them. There are very tasteless names around especially in Finnish. Not some tongue-in-cheek slightly dirty names, but names like "junkie whore" "nazi rapist" "pussydestroyer" etc...

And those people have been around for years, still no ban/name change, even after multiple reports.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Read the code of conduct. Why is there even a need for any discussion?

https://imgur.com/a/n0vq4GX
    This is a screen shot ( from my phone where I get my emails ) of what Blizzard sent me. The violation was name change, the account unlock date at the bottom is tomorrow. When I try and log in now the message I get is I have 23 hours left on suspension.
    yeah, so this is why.
    you did get a 24 hour ban for a bad name.
    but that only happens if you have been told many times before and given the chance many times before to change the name.

you do not get bans for first time offences on bad names.
    you only get them if for example you.

A. get told to name change, and change to something else that is bad, and do this a few times
    B. get told to name change, and change right back to what you were before.

seems like you did one of these.

So you make the leap that I meant to reference female pelvic region, and you think that IS reasonable to be suspended, but using the term foreskin in a name, a word that literally means part of male anatomy, would not be reasonable to be suspended?
    No, not at all. I just doubted you actually searched for the meaning properly like you said.

I made no judgements on your suspension, when I first read it I gave you the benefit of the doubt if that helps.

I would ask how you came up with the name in the first place? Where are you from too?

I do not know how to prove there was nothing else involved, I'm too old to get involved with arguments with people in a video game. Definitely no profanity was used. I log in, do WQ, do some M+ with guild.
    Also this, too old to get into arguments, but old enough to use immature names and slang?

"I am only the most sofisicated, i would never argue with another player"
    "Really? MR.Mypenisishugeandismashgirlspussieswithit?"

- - - Updated - - -

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/poontang
    Its not really a leap.

If someone goes into game and names themselves anuldestroyer, we all know what the name is, you cant defend it with
    "but if you search up anul its nothing bad!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    How about... making 'normal' RPG fitting name instead making it meme/pun/using weird letters like ö in it or other 'hahaha my name is so funny dudeee'?
    WoW is what 14 years old, probably 100million + characters created? You can't make normal names anymore. On RP servers sure, I totally agree names should be that way but good players don't play on RP realms.