Why has pop music become so moody?

Not that I'm complaining. I just wanted to know why.

I think these songs are works of art!

10+ Year Old Account
    Popular Music or Pop in short reflects the general feeling of the time.

If it is too moody for you there are plenty alternatives, such like Synth pop variants or simply 80's and 90's pop.

The snob inside me has a hard time calling that art because generally pop artists have their songs written by professional writers, their tunes made by professional musicians and producers, so it is hard to say how much of their own flavour is added to the mix.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2020-01-11 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Popular Music or Pop in short reflects the general feeling of the time.

If it is too moody for you there are plenty alternatives, such like Synth pop variants or simply 80's and 90's pop.

POP music does not speak for everyone and the general feeling of the time. Stop elevating music artists to some pedestal where they speak for everyone.

I just dont listen to music. Only music I hear is if I am playing a game or it is in the background of an anime I'm watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    POP music does not speak for everyone and the general feeling of the time. Stop elevating music artists to some pedestal where they speak for everyone.
    Pop music is what i consider popular in the sense that it gets picked up by radio stations and requested by listeners, or in a digital format gets streamed a lot.

I always felt if times were less bright this is generally reflected in the music that is listened to a lot as it addresses the sentiment people have. Could be nostalgia that i consider past times brighter but that's how i feel about it.

Not sure how i elevate music artists by saying that as artists don't set the tone they merely express it in their way.

She put my name in yellow hearts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Well that escalated quickly. Strike a nerve, did he? Sheesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.