Poll: Transmog or no transmog?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I replied in defense of transmog before I even considered the idea of being stuck in Uldir gear for an entire patch. *Shudder*
    Yeah, mix it with some Kul Tiran guard plate or Zandalari cloth and you got the perfect transmog... :P

If they removed transmog. I'd quit the game instantly. Making my character look cool, badass or cute is a major part of the fun I have in this game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Transmog is awesome.

People still turn their heads to look at that badass person in current season gladiator gear or the complete Mythic set. During 8.1, I saw a Zandalari Paladin with the complete Battle of Dazar'alor set and he looked like a god.

10+ Year Old Account
    in an "ideal game" I wouldn't only want transmog, I'd want transmog with a dye system put into place.

If you've ever tried ESO, they have a good system: tiers of armor styles, cosmetic costumes, different idle animations for different characters (assassin, pirate, heroic guy, dainty lady, jester, etc..) so you can even have a unique way to stand or walk, 3-piece color dyes for all gear (and unluckable dye colors for achievements). it's very well done.

If they removed transmog from wow, they'd really have to overhaul their armor system, make major changes on how gear is obtained, or just make better looking sets... i haven't been too happy with how gear looks since wrath.
    Last edited by Scorched2Black; 2020-01-11 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    i agree with you, and what i understood from this is that in an IDEAL game you would chose no trasnmog?

ok lets say we got with transmog in a new game YET we still want to keep the idea of prestige and badassery, i thought about having a gearscore shown on characters you mouse over, i remember back in wrath when i saw dk, even tho i didnt know what gear he had on, i saw the gearscore number like 6.8k or smthing and was still like hoooly shit thats really high. But at the same time i wouldnt want item lvls in a new game

so how would you solve that?
    A new IP under a hybrid genre that doesn't have prior expectations established is a way to be able to get the set up, but you would still need a novel reward structure (unless an experience is so immersive they don't think about it). As an example you can work with, one thing that comes to mind is spell rank tomes dropping on the most difficult content. If each rank of a spell or ability or talent had a unique upgraded visual tied to a numeric increase that people could really tell at a glance (like "holy shit" levels of difference), then a mage summoning the highest level version of Meteor (think Konosuba explosion) that was only available through that highest difficulty which would look a lot cooler and bigger and flashier and be deadly than all the other versions of that spell so that it definitively was an "ultimate" or "archmage" version of that spell would be one way to explicitly show to players just how bad-ass they are in a visual way that isn't tied to armor. Just being a visual alone would just be in the realm of green fire, but tying a really big numeric bump to this kind of reward on top of an over-the-top visual would really sell the difference. This creates an initial problem with other game modes (PvP) and fair play. Perhaps a way to approach this is each game mode can each have a spell upgrade version that's better for each game mode and is obtained by the highest echelon of that content. (The PvE Mage has a Meteor that explodes on the ground and leave fire for enemies to burn under, and the PvP Mage Meteor follows enemies around by rolling on the ground and running after enemies, as a spitball example.)

Yes to transmog.

Without it I wouldn't be able to play my outlaw pirate gnome or kultiran brewmaster leather daddy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every game with a loot system should have transmog. Every single one.

One of my pet peeves is creating a toon how I like only to be forced to put on some ugly ass helm and never see his/her face again.
    Putin khuliyo

My opinion is I like the race set, I used it for most of my alts that can use it
    I don't farm mog for alts I have no interest of makin a set for each of them , and for the rest, I get my mogs while farming for raids mounts. So I am two expansion late for mythic gear.

In other words, you can have what the fuck you want on your toon and I don't have any fucking idea of what you are wearing espacially if your class is not a warlock.

Oh and btw, bitch plate set for Blood elf female are for nerd, you think you look cool, but you're a freaking nerd. Not cool at all.
    Last edited by Phuongvi; 2020-01-11 at 07:48 PM.

I'm not a mythic raider but I have noticed that alot of mythic raiders don't transmog to show their rare pieces or transmog to rare pieces from older raids or high end pvp. Removing transmog would just be silly. Sure on classic you can see without inspecting what kind of gear they have but they also look more crap unless they have a full set.

Not only SHOULD there be transmog but there should be an extreme amount of character customization options, down to freckles, tattoos, etc.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    meaning and value as well
    I always thought the people who stood on their mounts in Org/IF to be admired in Vanilla etc were wankers.

I wouldn't ascribe any meaning or value to gear's appearance.

Hey guys, so i know transmog is extremely popular but in an ideal game would u want transmog to be a feature or not?

pros of no transmog are basically the rarity of certain pieces and the meaning it gives it. we would know when someone was a badass ciz of their gear like on OSRS and vanilla tbc wotlk. you could tell what the pieces were.

cons of no transmog is basically the freedom of customization but that badass factor is gone and meaning and value as well

so in ur ideal game, which is it?

im personally on the fence.... i like both
    Your pro doesn't even work. No one is forced to transmogg. People can sport all the gear they like. You can still tell mythic sets apart from the rest and the prerequisite for using a mogg is earning it.

I really don't understand why the possibility to transmogg would devalue gear.

pros of no transmog are basically the rarity of certain pieces and the meaning it gives it. we would know when someone was a badass ciz of their gear like on OSRS and vanilla tbc wotlk. you could tell what the pieces were.
    Personally, I would split it into two. Cosmetic gear and level gear. Cosmetic gear is visible, level gear not. The Secret World have something similar.

There are no pros of no transmog. They only exist in heads of some gatekeeping elitists.

By the way, you don't need a transmog system to do transmog. Before transmog existed in WoW, people went and farmed old sets and used them for visual effects outside of combat situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, so i know transmog is extremely popular but in an ideal game would u want transmog to be a feature or not?

cons of no transmog is basically the freedom of customization but that badass factor is gone and meaning and value as well

so in ur ideal game, which is it?

im personally on the fence.... i like both
    100% yes in favor of transmog. Not only is it great for customization/expression, it lets you continue to use the appearances of items you love.

Lets say the best looking shield in the game comes in the first of 3 raid tiers, you get it and fall in love with how awesome and massive and spikey it is. Then the 2nd and 3 raid tiers come along and both have terrible looking shields. At least with transmog you can take the appearance you loved and apply it to the better-statistically, but terrible looking shields that make you cringe when you look at them.

We don't really get a say in armor/weapon design, so the least we should be able to do is use the appearances that resonate with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Personally, I would split it into two. Cosmetic gear and level gear. Cosmetic gear is visible, level gear not. The Secret World have something similar.
    how does that work?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Telwar View Post
    I always thought the people who stood on their mounts in Org/IF to be admired in Vanilla etc were wankers.

I wouldn't ascribe any meaning or value to gear's appearance.
    i mean more like it gave people motivation to play and get good and etc..

I cannot believe that anyone would argue to remove transmog. That's mind blowing how self destructive people can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Treng View Post
    I cannot believe that anyone would argue to remove transmog. That's mind blowing how self destructive people can be.
    im not arguing to remove it, im saying in an IDEAL GAME, which means in other words NOT WOW, would you have transmog as a feature? i see pros and cons

What do you mean value and badass factor is gone? Mogging isn't just getting free gear, you have to actually obtain what you want to mog into... Nothing is lost whatsoever.

What is 'lost' is your ability to pick a weaker target or avoid a much stronger one based on their equipped gear alone in pvp...