Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They start at level 10 come the prepatch
    Yes, but..

1: 10-50 (Very likely that the heritage armor will be changed to 50) was stated at blizzcon to require roughly 1/3rd the time as 1-110 now.
    2: Currently, 1-60 can be done in a day, so DKs that start at 55 don't save that much time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    There we have it, I knew I read it somewhere recently. Looks like I'm going to have to delete some lowbies and start up like 8 DK's to start unlocking all the AR heritage armor an year earlier than I planned.

Damn you, Blizzard! Ingenious basterds!
    Yep... I have 4 allied races left to unlock heritage armor, guess I'll be making 4 DKs. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Yes, but..

1: 10-50 (Very likely that the heritage armor will be changed to 50) was stated at blizzcon to require roughly 1/3rd the time as 1-110 now.
    Well they also said in shadowlands you have to "level to max" (read: 60) for heritage armor so that means dragging every allied race through shadowlands with no flying and no looms... Think I'll try to finish mine off once Nyalotha progress is done and we're in "content drought" period.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yep... I have 4 allied races left to unlock heritage armor, guess I'll be making 4 DKs. lol
    That's the plan for me too. I'll be deleting some of my level 30's and reusing the names I like into new DK's of that same race to unlock the heritage armors.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Yes, but..

2: Currently, 1-60 can be done in a day, so DKs that start at 55 don't save that much time.
    They are reducing the xp requirements for the new 1-110 equivalent so it will be even faster that it is now.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Sadly most of my Allied race alts I made for heritage grinds are already pretty close to level 58 anyway. And the hell levels imo are 60-80. Just have to straight up grind quests or dungeons. After that its just treasure / bonus objective / invasion farming.

Honestly, why wouldn't they be able to.. Most people at this point are focused on one race to one class. Why would Blizz de-incentivize creating a DK with an allied race where the entire point is to obtain the racial armor. Hell - MY DK from WRATH got his and he's a dwarf.

I would expect things will be the same with DHs and nightelf armor... whereas the Blood Elf DHs got theirs a long time ago.

My goal is to have one of each class, one of each race... I'm currently doubled up on a few classes too so might not even start new allied races when I'm just full.

Allied races just mean saying goodbye to old alts... Or even changing my main's race which I refuse to do. (Although WHY Lightforged Draenei can't be Shaman, I have no clue. My Draenei OBVIOUSLY has a CANONICAL CHOICE to go Light Forged. But noooo. Blizz doesn't do what is actual canon or obvious, like idk, Kul'Tirans being Paladins -or ffs Mages until the last moment.)

On the bright side it incentivizes finishing a full set of classes on my main's server rather than paying for transfers.
    Last edited by Elestia; 2020-01-12 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canirus View Post
    20-55 doesn't even take that long. It's not worth having 8 level 110 DKs.
    While I do agree that it's useless to have 8 level 110 DKs, I also think it's useless to have more than one of any class (personally). I already had every class to 110 or higher before heritage armor was even released originally-- so I'm already wasting characters and time by leveling any class from start to finish again.

So, if it's going to be a waste of my time anyway, I might as well pick the class that's the quickest to level (DK). But that's just my perspective.

I feel like once I get each respective allied race to 120, I'll just end up deleting them or my old character of the same class anyway. Though, due to the progression on Legion artifact weapons that my already-existing toons have, it'll probably be the new allied race toon that I delete.

Just wanted to throw it out there that Monk is still the fastest (non-DH) class to level, due to their XP buffs.