Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    So you're willing to pay more for less content?
    Actually I buy games I will enjoy based on knowing I will enjoy them, not on the amount of content they have and I haven't purchased a Pokemon game since Black and White 2 so...

Price is not a factor, and gamers trying to make it one just leads to shit shows like ubisoft games where they pad them out with endless worthless "content" for the sake of having it.

But now you're trying to goalpost shift again, you have done nothing to disprove me saying $40 Sword/Shield doesn't make it a better game. Know why? Because you can't. So now the argument is "content" also debunked. What's the next goal post shift mate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Once again I said the Performance is IMPROVED over the last games, I didn't say it was perfect. It factually runs better because even in 2v2 fights in the last few games they did good to even be 20fps.

You are goal post moving, Not once did I say the performance was perfect. Also The video I linked was proper and you do realize there is more to the game then the wild area while online right?

You are goal post moving but I'm not surprised.
    Did you legitimately just see Tech saying "yOU'rE MoVIng tHe GoaLPosTs" and you parroted him without actually thinking about whether or not what your saying is actually true? That's hilarious, but what's even more hilarious is the fact that you are actually the one moving the goalposts. You said they improved the performance, I pointed out where the performance is horrible, and now you're saying it doesn't matter. That's actually moving goalposts.

I can tell that this conversation will be a waste of time though, so you two have fun parroting each other as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Did you legitimately just see Tech saying "yOU'rE MoVIng tHe GoaLPosTs" and you parroted him without actually thinking about whether or not what your saying is actually true?
    You do realize my post was before his right?

but what's even more hilarious is the fact that you are actually the one moving the goalposts
    Where did I do that? To quote myself...
    Ya it totally didn't improve anything at all besides.........

1) Performance.
    What I said was factual, It runs better than the games before it. But please do tell where I moved said goal post...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

the switch tax i feel like is just something we have to deal with

tropical freeze
    links awakening
    etc
    you have to decide whether or not the cost of the game justifies your enjoyment
    it sucks but just like the transition of games from 50 to 60 its just something we have to deal with
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the switch tax i feel like is just something we have to deal with

tropical freeze
    links awakening
    etc
    you have to decide whether or not the cost of the game justifies your enjoyment
    it sucks but just like the transition of games from 50 to 60 its just something we have to deal with
    Tropical Freeze was a unique case because it was $49.99 when it originally came out on the Wii U and $19.99 as a select later on and Nintendo delisted and recalled the Wii U version from stores when they launched it at $59.99 on the Switch. It was a pretty dick move, but I don't find it comparable to Nintendo selling new, made from the ground up games at $60 like pretty much everyone else is doing.

Even still Tropical Freeze is a great game and if I didn't already own the Wii U version I would have paid $60 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You never seemed to care about said competency until you lost the ability to play with your shitty GBA pokemons you collected as a tween.

Like you're not fooling anyone by trying to shit on gamefreak for being way behind in tech, that has been true since the start and you never threw a hissy fit about it before.
    why does this kind of trolling go unpunished?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    why does this kind of trolling go unpunished?
    Its trolling now to insult their gba pokemon? Cause I certainly didn't insult them. Guess we're at that point where we have to defend pokemons from getting slandered!

Its trolling now to insult his gba pokemon? Cause I certainly didn't insult him. Guess we're at that point where we have to defend pokemons from getting slandered!
    You constantly make posts personal like the one I linked. That was a personal attack. 0 to do with pokemon. You constantly do this.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Which isn't made by Game Freak at all, and has a completely different implementation and different functionality?

Boiled down to the basics, sure they're similar, but not enough to say they're the same thing.
    What does it matter if it's not made by Game Freak at all? Pokemon Go is an official Pokemon game. It has integration with Pokemon Home/Let's Go/Sword and Shield (through Home). Game Freak even made Let's Go, where they also took features from Pokemon Go. Saying it isn't made by Game Freak has 0 weight.

Completely different implementation? Lol, be more dishonest.

Upon using a Raid Pass to join the battle, the Trainer and up to 20 other Trainers work together to defeat the Raid Boss. If a Raid Boss is successfully defeated within the three-minute time limit (five-minutes for Legendary raids), those Trainers have the chance to catch an extra powerful Pokémon of their own.[1]
    Coop with other players, time limit, chance to catch an extra powerful pokemon,

Types
    There are three tiers of Raid Eggs – Normal, Rare, and Legendary.
    Three tiers, Normal is level 1 and 2, Rare is 3 or 4, Legendary is 5. Hmm 1 star, 2 star, 3 star, 4 star, 5 star. Sounds vaguely familiar eh?

Completing a Raid Battle for the first time will always award 1,000 Stardust. After defeating a Raid Boss, Trainers receive a collection of rewards which depend on the tier of defeated Raid Boss.
    What do you know, you get very similar item rewards too! Rare candys, berries, TM's.

\

Hey look it's the same shit! Clearly it has a a little difference in implementation being its not a mobile game.
    Last edited by Captain Proton; 2020-01-12 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    What does it matter if it's not made by Game Freak at all? Pokemon Go is an official Pokemon game. It has integration with Pokemon Home/Let's Go/Sword and Shield (through Home). Game Freak even made Let's Go, where they also took features from Pokemon Go. Saying it isn't made by Game Freak has 0 weight.
    Except there's no way for them to just import that kind of feature and the topic at hand is whether or not Game Freak did something new.
    The answer is yes, raids are new.

Pokemon Go is just Ingress with a Pokemon skin thrown on it. It's not relevant to the mainline games.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    Completely different implementation? Lol, be more dishonest.

Coop with other players, time limit, chance to catch an extra powerful pokemon,

Three tiers, Normal is level 1 and 2, Rare is 3 or 4, Legendary is 5. Hmm 1 star, 2 star, 3 star, 4 star, 5 star. Sounds vaguely familiar eh?

What do you know, you get very similar item rewards too! Rare candys, berries, TM's.
    I honestly don't even know where to start with this.

First off, the basics.
    The battle style is completely different. PoGo is just "tap and sometimes swipe the screen".

Second off, there is no time limit for raids in Pokemon Sword unless you're online. That's just to ensure you can't troll people, otherwise you can sit there indefinitely.

Third, the stars mean nothing besides how hard the battle is going to be. It isn't tied to a certain pool of Pokemon like PoGo. You can get a 3 star Giga Alcremie and then fight a 5 star Giga Alcremie. Again, not nearly the same as PoGo. It's not even like they're automatically stronger either just because they came from a raid like you're trying to say. The only real indicator of how "strong" the Pokemon will be is if it's a purple beam raid which means it has a certain amount of max IVs.

Lastly, PoGo raids are tied to gyms and having to find one that's active. Also you have to have raid passes to even participate in them. Meanwhile, Sword and Shield you can throw wishing stones in certain dens to try to fish for specific Pokemon. Can't do that with PoGo.

So, in the end, you're just overly simplifying it to try to claim they're the same when really they're just vaguely similar with the same core idea, but they're made by completely different companies when the topic at hand is if Game Freak themselves added anything new to the mainline games (PoGo is not mainline).

Ya it totally didn't improve anything at all besides.........

1) Performance.
    2) Graphic's. (World Detail,Effects,Weather,Lighting)
    3) World Scale.
    You're right. It didn't improve those. Thanks for pointing them out. Textures and models are reused from Sun/Moon. Performance still lags like it did on the 3ds. The world feels smaller then the 3ds games due to liner routes that are "blink and you missed it" small with no exploration to be had.

Doing the same old with a touch up can be good, if they actually do a touch up. They did not take advantage of the new systems capabilities at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Textures and models are reused from Sun/Moon.
    I'm really struggling to reply to this with a straight face if you think a game running on a 240p screen and a game running at 720p share textures between each other.

I'm really struggling to reply to this with a straight face if you think a game running on a 240p screen and a game running at 720p share textures between each other.
    Don't do it! You're already one bad day away from turning into a dc villain
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2020-01-13 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Textures and models are reused from Sun/Moon.
    They did not take advantage of the new systems capabilities at all.
    No the Textures was not reused from Sun/Moon, The wire-frame on a lot of the pokemon was and there is a massive difference in the two.

Sword/Shield runs and looks much better than Sword/Moon this isn't a opinion its fact and even backed up by the DF video I posted above. Is it as big of a leap as Breath of the Wild? No it isn't but its dumb to compare a game that was in development for 5 years to one in development for 2 years.

Don't like the game fine to each there own. But the whole "its using the same X,Y,Z from Moon/Sun meme needs to fucken die already" all that shit does is make the gaming community look like a bunch of crying idiots because of a loud minority.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure I've said this before but I honestly don't see the point in buying a port like Tokyo Mirage Sessions if you own a Wii-U.

I'm actually working to get all physical releases on Wii-U (around 137 total) and this is something that has crossed my mind. If the games was $40 or less I would be more accepting but for $60 I just don't see the point...

That's if you own a Wii-U tho. Like today I grabbed BOTW (along with WW and TWP) on Wii-U for about $30, Half the cost of the Switch port. Going to pick up Donkey Kong Country for about $15 soon as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm sure I've said this before but I honestly don't see the point in buying a port like Tokyo Mirage Sessions if you own a Wii-U.

I'm actually working to get all physical releases on Wii-U (around 137 total) and this is something that has crossed my mind. If the games was $40 or less I would be more accepting but for $60 I just don't see the point...

That's if you own a Wii-U tho. Like today I grabbed BOTW (along with WW and TWP) on Wii-U for about $30, Half the cost of the Switch port. Going to pick up Donkey Kong Country for about $15 soon as well.
    Honestly only reason I could see is portability and lack of space to set up another console maybe.

Like, I haven't had my Wii U set up in like a year or so, it's been sitting in my backpack to the side of my bed.

Although my friend's tablet is completely dead apparently, won't work unless it's plugged in so I could see that being an issue too. Sometimes I forget the Wii U even existed though. Maybe I should nab some extra battery packs for it if they still even exist.

With all the bickering about Sword and Shield I forgot this was the Nintendo Switch thread. Got a Switch for Christmas plus some games (Shield and Harvest Moon) and just for the heck of it I browsed the store. Dear god was I surprised about what was on there: Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Diablo 3, wasn't surprised about Skyrim because it's Skyrim, Witcher 3, heck even Dark Souls and ARK of all things.

Didn't know the Switch had it's own subscription service so a bit of a surprise when I tried to do raids in Shield and it said no. I know it's only $4 a month but I only have the 1 game that would realistically need it so I still can't really justify the cost for now at least. I do have my eyes on a few games though.

TMS is not a straight port of the Wii U version. It has a new dungeon in it. It has new costumes, new song(this might sound weird if you don't know how gameplay works but songs can trigger mid session attacks in battle and change up the combat) new characters that join in session attacks and has at least 3 new EX missions. I say at least 3 because that is what has been shown in previews could be more, and EX missions are beefy side stories for the characters in case people don't know what they are. So there are reasons to buy it if you enjoyed the original and want a game with more content. It's a typical atlus new version, not all that different from Persona 5 Royal.

Also the best part about the Switch version is not for people who owned a Wii U(which was almost no one) it gives the game a second chance at life on a system that isn't in it's lame duck year after already be chalked up as a failure. TMS never had a chance at living releasing on the Wii U in 2016. But the port has had way more content added to it then shit like DKCTF or MK8 did on top of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Although my friend's tablet is completely dead apparently, won't work unless it's plugged in so I could see that being an issue too. Sometimes I forget the Wii U even existed though. Maybe I should nab some extra battery packs for it if they still even exist.
    They exist, cheap to. Like $10 on ebay/amazon. Good thing the Wii U gamepad did have an easily removable battery though... switch on the other hand is gonna start to have a battery problem 4-5 years from now for people with launch systems. I really hate that non removable batteries became the norm for form factor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lets be real here im the only one buying hashtag fiyah emburem in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Lets be real here im the only one buying hashtag fiyah emburem in this thread
    Wrong, I will brave the wild known as walmart and buy it for $49.94.

The best part is gonna be when I see people who where port begging for Persona 5 not buy it. Game is basically as good of a JRPG as Persona 5 tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wrong, I will brave the wild known as walmart and buy it for $49.94.

The best part is gonna be when I see people who where port begging for Persona 5 not buy it. Game is basically as good of a JRPG as Persona 5 tbh.
    I really liked it cause i thought of it as like a p5 prologue. In fact i wish p5 took some pointers from its combat system and was more animated and less stilted