Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Good point. They should reclassify them warglaives so only DH’s can use them. Problem solved.
    But then that screws over the characters who farmed them to start with. I think they actually don't want DH's getting the "look" without doing the TWing BT.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

I feel like the only DH who is out for consistency and not being an exclusive snowflake over a weapon that was made when my class didn't even exist. I expected better from other DH players, tbh..
    Yea, I don't understand that mentality.

I play a DH, but who the hell cares about what weapons they can and can't use? I raided during BT, our rogues and warriors got the glaives... hell, we had a ret pally with the vision of sargeras.

Normally, people who feel entitled to a <insert something menial and stupid> have massive egos and feel a need to 'flaunt' their choices over others. Same argument happened with the whole love/hate transmog thing.

It's really fucking stupid. Play the game, have fun playing the game, have fun with your friends, guildies, etc. If you're trying to hold -pixels- over someone, I can only imagine you don't have much going for you elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    But then that screws over the characters who farmed them to start with. I think they actually don't want DH's getting the "look" without doing the TWing BT.
    Dunno why it matters though. Blizzard didn't implement TWing BT for the sole purpose of giving DWs transmogs. It's that mentality that's kinda dangerous (not saying you hold that mentality).

"BECAUSE I SUFFERED THROUGH THIS, EVERYONE SHOULD, INSTEAD OF PLAYING THE GAME FOR FUN." (Looooots of people hated feeling 'forced' to do TW BT and MC).
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    It's literally the only legendary my Frost DK can use and they decided to give it away to the DH for no reason at all. Really flimsy excuse.
    christ, didn't even think about frost dks using glaives. thank god they restricted it

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    OP is right tbf.
    Warglaives of Azzinoth were there before demon hunters and can be used by 5 classes; for obvious reasons, DH were not even around when they were current content, and they have no right to exclusivity to them.

If this is going to be the case, I demand Thori'dal will be a hunter specific transmo, because while everyone can equip it, it is specifically tied to the hunter class.
    No one can use the bow anyway for any meaningful content other than pretenting to be a hunter so go on.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't play a DH or any class that uses the Warglaives but it's so beyond dumb blizz have to ruin yet again something people were looking forward to.
    This was THE legendary that so many classes could use during its time and the one people farmed long after to only take it away because tone-deaf.

Ugh.

Really it's just Frost DK that gets left out. Yet another reason to bring 2h Frost back...

Also avoids every other Prot Warrior having a glaive.

That being said, yes my farmed glaives are on my DK. Cool I can xmog my DH, but seriously the whole thing is a hassle. DK farm > achieve > DH timewalk > xmog > no DK glaives only DH glaives. Blizz please. If DH were in the majority a solo main for people, sure throw the DH community a bone. But they're probably not. There's that many more rogues, warriors, DKs and monks with DH alts using this xmog.

Have they said if this would be an accountwide xmog unlock or per character that's earned the legendary?
    Last edited by Elestia; 2020-01-12 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    It's a transmog model, you'll survive. Giving classes some niche flavor is a good thing, not all classes should or need to be 100% even on everything.
    Non-DHs can't transmog the warglaives yet DHs will be able to transmog Thunderfury since it's a one handed sword. It's pretty fucking stupid and unfair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Non-DHs can't transmog the warglaives yet DHs will be able to transmog Thunderfury since it's a one handed sword. It's pretty fucking stupid and unfair.
    No, it really isn't.
    Hi

DH's can have 'em. I forced myself to suffer through grinding Dragon Soul for months to get those beautiful daggers. Only to use them for maybe 4 or 5 raids before unsubbing because 4.3 was that bad. There's no way my rogues are using anything but those daggers for transmog.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

It sucks but it was expected of blizzard to do something like that, warglaives in general should be available for more classes either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno why people are complaining so hard about this. Legos are class bound as they should be. They always were, from the moment each came out.
    Later when new classes were added, they allowed them to equip some legos for vanity. You can still do so. It's only that classes who could earn them when it was current content can mog them now. Specifically for WGs, if DHs were out then, they would be DH specific.

Also those who farmed the legos didn't do it for mog. You never knew mog would become and option, and each xpack till now they said no.
    You farmed it cuz it was cool to have and to get the achie. Don't play me the victim card now.
    Last edited by Denizly; 2020-01-12 at 08:54 AM.

I'm a DH player and I disagree with Blizzard's logic. I don't really need to feel special for farming a decade old pair of legendaries and then doing a painfully boring timewalking raid. If they really want to keep a separation between the original glaives and the ones DH can transmog, then, I dunno? Make like a pair of HD Warglaives for Demon Hunters like Rogues got HD Thunderfury and let everybody else mog the original ones.
    I agree, but it would be too good of a choice for Blizzard xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    No, it really isn't.
    Do explain how it's not unfair. Why should rogues, warriors, and DKs be locked out of transmogging an item they can actually wield?

10+ Year Old Account
    The explaination is downright stupid. Because DH's effort to get the glaives via timewalking BT is higher value than people who farmed the real glaives for months (or years)?

Ur kidding right blizz?
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Sod the glaives, I’m miffed that I cannot go about dual wielding teracgosa’s rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    The explaination is downright stupid. Because DH's effort to get the glaives via timewalking BT is higher value than people who farmed the real glaives for months (or years)?

Ur kidding right blizz?
    you do know the ones getting it from TW BT also have to do the farming before that right?

Before: Farm
    Now: Farm + TW BT
    Error 404 - Signature not found

15+ Year Old Account
    The whole point of these changes was to make legendaries transmoggable by the classes that can use them.
    Warriors, rogues, monks and demon hunters can use them, so they should be able to transmog it.

End of story.
    And hunters, monks, hunters, frost DKs, warlocks & mages can all equip Thunderfury now if they are using a 1h melee weapon since the vanilla class restriction of hunter, warrior, paladin, and rogue was lifted quite some time ago so that ANY class can pick up the bindings to complete the quest (including shaman & priests who can't even equip swords at all). That means that every class except priests and shaman can transmog their 1h melee weapon (dagger & sword) into Thunderfury. Do you see the problem now?

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    It's literally the only legendary my Frost DK can use and they decided to give it away to the DH for no reason at all. Really flimsy excuse.
    Thunderfury says hi.....

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    By 5, yes. Warrior, Rogue, Death Knight and Monks.... Not to forget the obvious Edgehunters.
    They actually updated the glaives in WotLK and Mop to accommodate the new classes.
    Correct they updated the classes who can equip them because when Black Temple was live, there were no warglaives as weapons in the game. They happen to be a SWORD which is why those classes that were added to the game could use them (all 3 of the new classes...monk, DK, and DH....can equip a sword). The only way to "fix" this is to reclassify them as a warglaive and if they did that, Blizzard would have a shit storm of complaints from warriors and rogues who have had them since BC and plus monks & DKs who went back into BT to farm them.

"The Twin Blades of Azzinoth are a pair of weapons wielded by Illidan Stormrage. Azzinoth was a doom guard commander whom Illidan slew 10,000 years ago. Illidan took Azzinoth's twin warglaives and trained himself to use them. "

Illidan Stormrage is not a warrior, dk, rogue or monk. The only guy using warglaives in TBC was a DH. I wish i could use them on my DK and Rogue but i accept this change lorewise.

Did someone say Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker ? Now this will be everywhere Huge mistake making this transmog available without class restriction.
    Last edited by Ghitza; 2020-01-12 at 10:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    DHs can use one handed sword though, because swords are easy to use, especially compared to DH style glaives. Warglaives are only classified as a swords because Glaives didn't exist as a weapon class back then.

My throw away mule DH clearly deserved everything. Btw. this DH never ever set a foot in a TIMEWALKING dungeon/raid nor ever stepped into BT.

GG Blizzard!

-