Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Content is...content. It's a place or thing in game. A new dungeon, quests or raid are examples of content.

Farming items for transmog, is something to do in game, but it's not content.

Farming herbs is something to do in game, but it's not content.

Farming gold on the AH, is something to do in game, but it's not content.

Etcetera...

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Content is...content. It's a place or thing in game. A new dungeon, quests or raid are examples of content.

Etcetera...
    Wrong.gif

Any activity that you commit to or put work into is content.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying that gear and customization is not content? I would disagree with that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It's a reward, not content. Content is what you do to get said transmogs.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    You might like collecting transmog, but it's not content. It's a topping, not a meal.

Nowadays it seems Blizzard figured they can drop a few new pieces of transmog to grind for in repetitive, old content and a meaningless achievement to go with it, and call it content.
    Well, the topping is part of a meal. So yeah, it is content. Maybe you don’t like to grind for that type of rewards, but it is there for others who like it.

The majority of players play wow to collect transmog, mounts, pets, achievement points etc. so for most of player base it is content.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Transmog is reward, not content. But old raids are. It doesn't matter if it's old or new content, many casual people saw it once or twice on LFR (or never) before they start collecting mog.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

Etcetera...
    Unfortunately, you are not in the official 'what is content committee' to tell people what they are allowed to treat as content and what they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Unfortunately, you are not in the official 'what is content committee' to tell people what they are allowed to treat as content and what they aren't.
    Content is content regardless of who treat it as such... Content isn't subjective, nor is it about if you enjoy doing something or not.
    Transmog are a reward, not content. Content is the thing you do to get said reward.

We can say that it's content because it's in the game, but then everything is content and it has no value as a word.
    I don't get why so many get defensive about it... Someone says it's not content and people immediately counter with "I enjoy it".
    Why does it matter if what you enjoy is content or a reward? :|
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Transmogs are the rewards of something. Following the content. Content is a combination between aesthetics and challenges. In an empirical way, one thing leads to another, making it content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't know if I would call collecting xmog gear "content" myself - as it's more a supplemental to existing content than something in its own right. I mean, being able to accrue xmog slots is great and all, but a raid or dungeon that *only* provided xmog gear in a current tier would be less-than-stellar, IMO. The Mage Tower challenge does go a long way toward showing that xmog is itself a solid reward, though; but it's still not enough to really fuel the game on the foundational level so to speak.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I spend time collecting transmog. I enjoy collecting transmog, ergo I enjoy that time spent. Why is it any of your business or concern that I am spending my time how I enjoy it?
    RETH

This sounds like the whole "x is not a game" discussion all over again.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Semantics aside, the game would have dried up and died long ago without transmog and all of the cosmetics it has to collect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmo pieces/set are not content. They are rewards.
    The content is what you do in order to obtain the transmo.

For example, the grand marshal title is a reward, the content is RBGs.

Because people are superficial.

I mean it's as much content as some new mount dropping. Mounts are cosmetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    It is content though. Maybe not something big like a new dungeon/raid but content nonetheless.
    Exactly this.I agree with you on 100%.
    OP if collecting outfits,weapon skins ,mounts, pets and toys is not counted as a content then GW2 would have been a dead game long time ago(which it isn't).Blizzard stealing core mechanics from other mmos and making them as a reward structure to WoW's content is a good thing.Especially if it is about making my character a good looking champ'.In my eyes doing this achievement or killing that boss for a weapon skin is counted as a content.
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2020-01-12 at 05:34 PM.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    Exactly this.I agree with you on 100%.
    OP if collecting outfits,weapon skins ,mounts, pets and toys is not counted as a content then GW2 would have been a dead game long time ago(which it isn't).Blizzard stealing core mechanics from other mmos and making them as a reward structure to WoW's content is a good thing.Especially if it is about making my character a good looking champ'.In my eyes doing this achievement or killing that boss for a weapon skin is counted as a content.
    Exactly. And sometimes stuff like Mage Tower (which was content) still only existed with the purpose of giving you a weapon skin.
    In the end you will call this content.
    Now, not all transmogs have the same magnitude in terms of content. For example, if they add tier sets on a raid, the content will be considered the raid and not the sets, BUT you will do the raid to get the sets.
    There's a link between them. One can't exist without another. Is a yin yang that will make overall a better experience and satisfaction.
    The game IS also RPG! RolePlaying Game. Not only MMO. Which on a RPG, transmog is content. And raid is MMO, massively multiplayer online.

So conclusion: Transmogs content relates to the RPG aspect of the game.
    RP means, focusing on your character. All there is to make your character special.
    Raid content is related to the MMO aspect of the game.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-12 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    You might like collecting transmog, but it's not content. It's a topping, not a meal.

Nowadays it seems Blizzard figured they can drop a few new pieces of transmog to grind for in repetitive, old content and a meaningless achievement to go with it, and call it content.
    This isn't hard - if an activity makes you spend more time playing than you otherwise would have, that's content. Hell, in-game gambling is content, it's just not sanctioned content.