Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Question Mechagnome fans. Does the anti mechagnome toxicity bother you?

So I was to myself. Imagine if you are someone who really wants this race and are happy with every aspect of it right now yet you constantly hear people talking crap about it constantly. Doesn't this begin to get a bit physiologically taxing? For me one of the awesome parts of new allied races is having something to feel hyped about. However, it kinds of detracts from it when one is getting so much hate directed at them from all angles. I was curious if this is something that tends to bother mechagnome fans or they just don't really care.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    So I was to myself. Imagine if you are someone who really wants this race and are happy with every aspect of it right now yet you constantly hear people talking crap about it constantly. Doesn't this begin to get a bit physiologically taxing? For me one of the awesome parts of new allied races is having something to feel hyped about. However, it kinds of detracts from it when one is getting so much hate directed at them from all angles. I was curious if this is something that tends to bother mechagnome fans or they just don't really care.
    Oh you sweet summer child.

Gnome hate has been a thing since 2005. It's just been rebranded.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

I think they are used by now.

i have not seen anything especially vicious towards mechagnomes in particular. where are you getting this feeling from? MMO-C? in-game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    i have not seen anything especially vicious towards mechagnomes in particular. where are you getting this feeling from? MMO-C? in-game?
    I think it just inherited all the hate people used to have for the "Tinker" class idea.

They are quite vicious on Reddit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    I think it just inherited all the hate people used to have for the "Tinker" class idea.
    Tinker hate is unreasonable.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. If someone is that determined to be miserable, let 'em.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Really? Just look anywhere with the title "Mechagnome". Wowhead, Reddit, MMOChamp, forums e.t.c.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why someone else hating on something should bother you, but it doesn't bother me. Looking forward to Wednesday to make my Mechagnome!

Just think of all the potential mechagnome players we lost because they were afraid that someone some day might whisper them: "Diaper boy!".

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if others don't like the stuff I like.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I don't care if others don't like the stuff I like.
    Yeah. Life's too short to care what random people think of you on the internet.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally couldn't care less how other people feel about the things I like.

People are perfectly entitled to like what they like and dislike what they choose. The internet forgets that is a two-way street sometimes, and the negative people tend to be louder/more visible than the positive folks. But at the end of the day they can feel however they want, makes no difference to me and has zero effect on my anticipation for things.

And lets be real - no matter what races they add, somebody somewhere would bitch about it. If its mechagnomes, wahhh we didn't get Sethrak! If its Sethrak, wahhh we didn't get High elves! If its High elves, wahhhh we didn't get Ankoan!

There's always going to be someone unhappy, so its best to just tune out the noise.

Edited to be more civil
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-01-12 at 02:22 PM.

But, are there any mechagnomes fans?

There are none

Gnomes have long been used to it with the whole irradiated Gnomeregan and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroloGeo View Post
    But, are there any mechagnomes fans?
    My Battletag friends list/guild are both stuffed full of people looking forward to making mechagnomes, I've done several dozen OM runs in the past few weeks to help people finish their questlines for that reason.

Every race, even the obscure ones, has its fans.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-01-12 at 02:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    My first ever toon was a gnome at launch in vanilla. I main a gnome 15 years later, and will be race changing him to mechagnome on patch day. In game, over the past 15 years, there has been very few players in-game that have ever really been rude, beyond light-hearted jabs, about my toon. I have seen a ton of mechagnome hate on reddit in particular, but I honestly think it will be just like in-game. Butt of jokes on forums, barely any mention in game. I'm not worried about people being rude.

What does bother me is the amount of people complaining about the transmogs. Nearly ever person who posts about it to make a negative point always chooses mis-matched, rusted examples. You can make any race look terrible. I posted on reddit on one such thread a while back, but especially on cloth users, you have lots of options.

A few examples, one of a pre-made set that matches golden arms/legs and gold plated cranium/ears. https://imgur.com/a/b7Vc2qd
    The "diaper baby" meme look, with random pieces of gear to match: https://imgur.com/a/74cmxmB
    A random few mage tier sets: https://imgur.com/a/oQIaSyT

Just like any race you can find stuff that works. Lots of gear fits the various mechanical limb colors of gold, silver, copper, browns.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eeeeeveryone thinks less of the poor gnomes

Until one captures a point in a BG and nobody notices due to it's ridiculously small size and presence

I like the unpopularity. Makes me feel like a precious snowflake.

To be fair people are vicious towards all of Alliance allied races. Especially towards void elves.