Ryzen 5 3600 on a Gigabyte X570 Gaming X temperature

Hello Guys.

I got the Gigabyte X570 Gaming X as a Present.
    So i bought a Ryzen 5 3600 and reasembled my PC and did a fresh install.

But Before i updated the F3 Bios to F11 ( the newst available)

I came from Intel Plattforms so i am not sure if these temperatures i get are normal.

On idle or just watching Twitch Streams my CP jumps between 43 and 64 degrees.
    Under load ( Furmark it is about 72 degrees)

But what keeps me concernd are the "Chipset temperature".

HWInfo show me the following:

https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-ea...40320.png.html

These are Idle Temps, but they dont rise alot under load ( Furmark )

Why do i get shown 2 Chipset values, and why is the on thats marked so high ( 65 degrees and sometimes it goes to 70 degrees)

My lack of knowlegde about AMD at these temps make my worried.

Thank u very much for ever Info i get
    Last edited by Mordog; 2020-01-12 at 02:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume you're using the stock cooler?

Anyways, all of those temps are perfectly normal and well within any temperature limits.
    Nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    I assume you're using the stock cooler?

Anyways, all of those temps are perfectly normal and well within any temperature limits.
    Nothing to worry about.

Thanks for your answer.

I use the following cooler:

https://eu.coolermaster.com/de/cooli...id-ml120l-rgb/

But i think the one i use is not one you can call good - but it did its jop on my I7 4th. so i decidet to move it to my AMD as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordog View Post
    Thanks for your answer.

I use the following cooler:

https://eu.coolermaster.com/de/cooli...id-ml120l-rgb/

But i think the one i use is not one you can call good - but it did its jop on my I7 4th. so i decidet to move it to my AMD as well.
    Yeah it's not the geatest cooler. Still though, max 72C in Furmark is nothing to worry about.

1) Furmark is a GPU stress test. It wont stress your CPU pretty much at all.
    2) Your cooler is not the best but it will handle this CPU just fine. CPU temps are fine.
    3) Those chipset temperatures are normal. X570 chipsets are very hot and you're using motherboard that's on the rock bottom of Gigabyte X570 product stack.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

I have the Gigabyte Aorus Ultra X570 board. using version 6.20 of the HWinfo. My board reports 69.5C when running Prime95. So it would seem temps in the 65-70 is pretty much normal. I've been running mine since Sept and no issues, so I would say keep on trucking.

Though I am mildly curious on the difference. The SIV software supplied by Gigabyte only reports the board at the 55c temp that the HWinfo also reports. No where else do I see it reporting the higher temp chipset field
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2020-01-12 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    1) Furmark is a GPU stress test. It wont stress your CPU pretty much at all.
    2) Your cooler is not the best but it will handle this CPU just fine. CPU temps are fine.
    3) Those chipset temperatures are normal. X570 chipsets are very hot and you're using motherboard that's on the rock bottom of Gigabyte X570 product stack.
    1; Furmark does have an option to stress the CPU - so i would assume it will just do exactly that

2; Thanks - i appreciate that you took time to answer to my Question

3; i got it as a present - so i have to take it

It's normal, the amd 3xxx chips are notorious for seeming to run hot due to the placement of sensors, and the 570 chipset, as mentioned above, just run on the warm side. You might see random temp pings in the cpu too - again nothing to worry about, as long as they're not outside of the safe range. If you want to see some interesting differences try installing Ryzen Master from the amd website and see the differences in reported temps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.