Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah. Life's too short to care what random people think of you on the internet.
    This......

If I roll a Mechagnome it will be solely because I know some people have irrational hate for them and my characters existence will send them a sliver of annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    To be fair people are vicious towards all of Alliance allied races. Especially towards void elves.
    Not really. Most people were very hyped for Void Elves, so much so that they are the most played Legion allied race by far. The people who complained were just the diehard BEs and HEs fans, so a fraction of the lore community.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    i have not seen anything especially vicious towards mechagnomes in particular. where are you getting this feeling from? MMO-C? in-game?
    You have got to be kidding me. I see people shit talking this race left and right and a whole lot of it comes from the Sethrak playerbase. From people calling it a waste of an allied race slot, to ugly to saying nobody wants that race, people are very toxic about it and I've even seen people get bullied for suggesting they like the race.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It must've been because I've been playing Games for decades, but People hating what I like in Games is literally a non-issue to me.

Honestly, not really. I like them, but it's such an obvious subjective aspect of the game that it really doesn't bother me that some people don't like it, it's to be expected. Though I do find it hillarious when people talk about it as if there is some kind of objective, univeral perspective that x/y/z sucks on something like this.

But I do have to say, that while it doesn't bother me on this particular subject, I do avoid mmo-c, reddit, etc, when I'm genuinely hyped/optimistic about something in the game, because I know that the unabashed negativity and hatemongering will be taxing in some way. Sometimes I power through and join the conversation just to challenge the echo chamber.

No because I choose to believe people aren't degenerate enough to actually think less of people just because they play a certain race in a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    To be fair people are vicious towards all of Alliance allied races. Especially towards void elves.
    Horde's have gotten a lot of hate too.

"omg now horde have night elves too sigh"

"LOL TAURENS WITH MOOSE ANTLERS SO LAZY BLIZZ"

"draenor orcs, seriously"

"vulpera are for furries/pedophiles"

etc etc.

This is why I said in my first reply: someone would complain no matter what the race is. Doesn't matter if its cute, doesn't matter if its dark, doesn't matter if its cute-yet-dark. Somebody on the internet, somewhere, is going to do this:

Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-01-12 at 03:50 PM.

I'm pretty sure the Vulpera hate is much louder than the mechagnome hate.

Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. I see people shit talking this race left and right and a whole lot of it comes from the Sethrak playerbase. From people calling it a waste of an allied race slot, to ugly to saying nobody wants that race, people are very toxic about it and I've even seen people get bullied for suggesting they like the race.
    Hmm can't say i have seen any of that. My only gripe is that it is retarded for a race with robot legs to go rogues.

There are those typical toxic doomsayers, but what is more interesting is the hate, which comes from other AR enthusiasts sometimes, especially in the Vulpera/Sethrak section in my personal experience, but nevertheless I can't wait to create my MG Mage and DK.
    Last edited by Alga; 2020-01-12 at 04:05 PM.

Mechagnome is probably the last allied race I'll level in this particular expansion so that I can get their heritage armor asap (love it). I'll finish the rest once the level drop goes in with 9.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    There are those classic toxic doomsayers, but what is more interesting is the hate, which comes from other AR enthusiasts sometimes, especially in the Vulpera/Sethrak section in my personal experience, but nevertheless I can't wait to create my MG Mage and DK.
    Same here. I was originally going with warrior/hunter but starting at 58 is just too good to pass up, so mechagnome DK all the way for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Mechagnome is probably the last allied race I'll level in this particular expansion so that I can get their heritage armor asap (love it). I'll finish the rest once the level drop goes in with 9.0
    Did you mean first?

If you want to roll Mechagnome you have to roll Alliance first. I would argue that this makes you a target for far mor toxicity than the specific race afterwards. The saddest part about it is that some of this toxicity comes from Blizzard developers.

[QUOTE=Mirishka;52013675]Horde's have gotten a lot of hate too.

"omg now horde have night elves too sigh"

"LOL TAURENS WITH MOOSE ANTLERS SO LAZY BLIZZ"

"draenor orcs, seriously"

"vulpera are for furries/pedophiles"

etc etc.

This is why I said in my first reply: someone would complain no matter what the race is. Doesn't matter if its cute, doesn't matter if its dark, doesn't matter if its cute-yet-dark. Somebody on the internet, somewhere, is going to do this:

You must admit, some of these races are a pretty lazy way for Blizzard to cash grab and people are pissed that, that behavior would be rewarded with piles of money. When Worgen was added I absolutely loved the idea of your character shown in the cinematic as an out of control monster after being infected.

Without some deep context, the race has no emotional loyalty and people are more willing to dump it, like a child with too many toys.
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2020-01-12 at 04:20 PM.

I don't hate them per say, I'm just kind of meh about them, indifferent, which is worse. They don't even deserve the merit of dislike due to how lazy an idea they are. They're like Lightforged Draenei, Highmountain and Mag'har Orcs. "Yeah... these could have been customize options, guys."

I did get interested in them again when I realized I could name them after Transformers, but lost interest again when I realized all the cool names I thought up were taken in my main realm; Mechatron, Starscream and Ultramagnus. So I settled for Terminator which was surprisingly available. Right now I'm just planning to get one, most likely DK, to unlock the heritage armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I ever said anything against mechagnomes, but I kind of fear for their popularity.

If dark iron did not make a huge difference in the dwarf population, mechagnomes don't stand a chance.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. Why should it bother me?

Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    People wanting Sethrakk in the alliance make no sense, the sethrakk were more involved with the Horde than they were with the Alliance. The horde stopped the evil snakes, saved their loa and in general did much more for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd argue the vulpera are getting it far worse.

if you like playing a gnome you should be used to the vitriol of others by now, ignore them and be the best you.