Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    2) Moscow McTurtle does have one ready for the past year+. I forget her name, but I know it's some evangelical Anti-Abortion woman.
    Probably Amy Coney Barrett you’re thinking of, and she’s Catholic
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I hope she is. She still should retire however. 80 should be the cutoff for all government employees.
    so you can see the court stacked with ultra conservative judges dream on.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Anyone who can beat the ailment that claimed both of my parents deserves some congrats and a stiff drink or 5.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I hope she is. She still should retire however. 80 should be the cutoff for all government employees.
    Why 80? Why not 75 or 85? Where is your reasoning for that number?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Why 80? Why not 75 or 85? Where is your reasoning for that number?
    Because if it were any lower, the same cutoff date would coincide with Trump, and if that arbitrary number can be applied to SCOTUS judges, then it can arbitrarily applied to presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Because if it were any lower, the same cutoff date would coincide with Trump, and if that arbitrary number can be applied to SCOTUS judges, then it can arbitrarily applied to presidents.
    For me, I would love to have the cutoff age for all of those positions Congress, Senate, Judge, President, Cabinet Members and all to be 55 years old. With a BUNCH of other requirements but that is where I would want that cutoff to be. Before their mind goes and so they aren't trying to vote based on some rose tinted yesteryear history of a world that never was.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so you can see the court stacked with ultra conservative judges dream on.
    Well she is like the rest of us. She is not going to live forever.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is good news! She's one tough lady!
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)