Either Texans or Titans could make the SB, can you believe that?

Damn that is a quick 14 by the Texans...

Wow, what a terrible start for the Chiefs
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Either Texans or Titans could make the SB, can you believe that?

Damn that is a quick 14 by the Texans...
    The AFC Championship may very well be in Houston. Just let that sink in.

The Texans will host an AFC Championship while the Cowboys haven't been to an NFC Championship since the 90s.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm so aggravated that it seems like the Bills could have been in this position. What the literal fuck.

If the AFC championship is Houston vs. the Titans, I'm going against type and cheering for the NFC.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm so aggravated that it seems like the Bills could have been in this position. What the literal fuck.

If the AFC championship is Houston vs. the Titans, I'm going against type and cheering for the NFC.
    How can you cheer against the possibility of a team going to their first ever Super Bowl? I would love to see the Texans make the Super Bowl. I am even Okay with the Titans. I would love to see Texans/Titans vs 49'ers in the Super Bowl.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account

Has the NFL flexed the AFC Championship to Thursday night yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    How can you cheer against the possibility of a team going to their first ever Super Bowl? I would love to see the Texans make the Super Bowl. I am even Okay with the Titans. I would love to see Texans/Titans vs 49'ers in the Super Bowl.
    Honestly that's the one matchup I don't want to see. Because the 49ers will absolutely blow either of those teams out. I'd rather see Texans/Titans VS Packers/Seahawks. At least that game will be competative even if I'll still pick the NFC by a touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Because Bill O'Brien is a trash coach who's been skating by on the backs of generational talents in Watt, Clowney (before this year), and now Watson.

And the Titans beat us in '99 on a forward lateral pass which I will never forgive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus christ! I wake up to the Texans up by 21 in the first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Chiefs are getting absolutely murdered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Bill O'Brien is a trash coach who's been skating by on the backs of generational talents in Watt, Clowney (before this year), and now Watson.

And the Titans beat us in '99 on a forward lateral pass which I will never forgive.
    Maybe BOB has had his Riverboat Ron moment.

- - - Updated - - -

The Broncos have... fired their OC. The OC that some people thought might get head coaching buzz with how Drew Lock looked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The AFC Championship may very well be in Houston. Just let that sink in.

The Texans will host an AFC Championship while the Cowboys haven't been to an NFC Championship since the 90s.
    I'm sure the Houston fans would love some nice revenge against the team that left them, at home even.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Ehh that call was bad...

Still long game to go, Cheifs could make a fast attack and bring the game closer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't look now but the Chiefs are coming back...

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm also sure the KC defense is glad to see their O score, but I imagine they would've liked a longer break. They must be getting unusually worn down by how much they've been on the field. In the first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Texans have been getting way too cute with their lead, gonna evaporate quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Texans have been getting way too cute with their lead, gonna evaporate quickly.
    The Texans suddenly look like a team so afraid of the Chiefs, even when up 24-0, that they're going to create their exact nightmare.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    If you know it's highly likely that you're going to need to make a 2 point conversion, it's always better to go for it early so you can adjust if you don't actually make it.

In this case, if you wait until the third touchdown to try and miss it, you're behind. But if you try on the first touchdown and miss, you can then go for it on each of the next two, and if you make both, you're good. Also, if you miss the first two, you then know earlier that you need 4 scores instead of 3.

The more interesting case is if you're down 14 and you score a TD. If you go for two in that situation, and conversion is a 50%, proposition, here's what it does (assuming you then score the second TD):

50% of the time, you make the first two point conversion, then make the second TD and win by 1.
    25% of the time, you miss the first and make the second, ending up tied.
    25% of the time, you miss both and lose by 2.
    IDK man. I think specifically of Belichick in the SB against the Falcons in those moments, when he went for the extra point on their first td in the second half and got booed because people thought he was giving up, but he saw the math and didn't go for it until he had to. unexpected field goals can really mess up that kind of math.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Chiefs are getting absolutely murdered.
    Upset city this weekend if the Chiefs fall, but they are striking back fast so I guess we'll see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol this game. Looks like all they need was me awake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now this is the post-bye Andy Reid we all know and love.