Seth MacFarlane moving from Fox to NBC.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...l-nbcuniversal

Say what you want about MacFarlane, but he's made Fox a lot of money.

What does this mean for both networks?

Prepare for Family Guy to be watered down.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Prepare for Family Guy to be watered down.
    That happened about 5 years back...

Also, grats on 10k posts.

But yeah, Family Guy has been CTD for a few years now, I can't see it lasting long after this. Everything that it does, is done better by other shows.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    He thought he was going to get Disney money.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    He thought he was going to get Disney money.
    This is for new shows, not exclusivity.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Seems like just a normal business decision made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhh, I feel like Family Guy has been irrelevant for 10+ years now, so I'm not sure if it really means anything. Maybe he'll make a new show that could be successful I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...l-nbcuniversal

Say what you want about MacFarlane, but he's made Fox a lot of money.

What does this mean for both networks?
    It means NBC makes any new MacFarlane shows while Fox keeps the ones that it already has.

In other words... NBC will make money, Fox will make money, and MacFarlane will make money.

I'd be glad to see Family Guy finally getting cancelled and let Fox air some new shows instead. The show hasn't been good for about 15 years.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2020-01-12 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    Ehhh, I feel like Family Guy has been irrelevant for 10+ years now, so I'm not sure if it really means anything. Maybe he'll make a new show that could be successful I guess?
    Seth Mcfarlane and Family Guy were about as relevant as they were going to get when Ted and 1000 ways to die came out. I really dont think it's relevant anymore. I actually think the cartoon sitcom is dead, FG just filled the role after Simpson's became crap and futurama ended.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'd be glad to see Family Guy finally getting cancelled and let Fox air some new shows instead. The show hasn't been good since about 15 years.
    Seth MacFarlane has gone out and said the series should have been canned when it hit season 10 which likely leads in to why he's distanced himself from the show and hasn't written for it since 2010.

You're also putting a lot of faith in Fox that they'll fill the slot with something good and not just another show which either dies on the pilot or sabotage its success.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'd be glad to see Family Guy finally getting cancelled and let Fox air some new shows instead. The show hasn't been good for about 15 years.
    "On Friday, NBCUniversal said it was going into business with MacFarlane with a multiyear production deal for new TV shows. MacFarlane, however, will be free to shop film projects to other studios while his signature TV show “Family Guy” will continue to run on Fox."
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    The Orville is the only thing MacFarlane has ever done I even care slightly about and it is going to continue on Hulu so this news doesn't effect me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The Orville is the only thing MacFarlane has ever done I even care slightly about and it is going to continue on Hulu so this news doesn't effect me at all.
    The Orville is good... and I can not wait for the new season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    So that means he's making at least one new show? Can't wait to see a family with a chubby moron dad, at least one teenager and a baby, and housewife who's too good for them. Seriously, I know the guy is a stoner, but Pink Floyd made a ton of brilliant music even on drugs, that's not really an excuse.