Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Gnome paladin and/or druid. Yea, that'd be a good day.

7+ Year Old Account
    everything could work if they went tot he route of "different sources of magic can still do the same thing", undeads by example could be druids if they became death animals, using death magic with that undead fungi flavor

like a reskin in reality

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    They didn't rewrite lore for undead to be priests... in lore they are all shadow priests except Alonsus Foal.
    in lore udneads still use the light if they want, they just feel pain, its not just gameplay

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbf I am still wondering why the Alliance and horde would allow Bolvar to raise more DKs after the events of Lordaeron and WotLK.
    If I were Anduin/whoever is in charge of the horde now, at the sight of the first DK lightforged, I would have chopped the base of the Frozen Throne with a lumberjack axe lol.

Allied races make me think this might be the case.

I haven't exactly audited the Class/Race combos of every AR, but the fact the KT's can be Druids/Shamans as an example while "normal" humans cannot... except for Worgen (Gilnean) Humans being Druids, makes think Blizzard have really gotten to the point where clinging onto certain restrictions seems pointless.

TBH, Gilnean Humans shouldn't even be an AR, they should be a customization option for normal Humans... and this is the case for most AR IMO. But, you know, Race Changes earn money.

If a KT Human can be a Shaman due "something something the Sea, something" then why can't a regular Sailor from SW decide to dedicate themselves to the same practise?

Even far fetched combinations such as "Draenei" Warlocks could be explained as being Man'ari (Also Eredar) who "Broke free of the Burning Legion" or some BS.

Bottom line is (IMO) there's enough Race/Class combos ingame already that don't really make sense from a strict Lore perspective, so the restrictions they're holding onto just come across as them being stubborn. I feel there's exceptions to every rule, and if an individual of a certain race decides to break the mold and devote themselves to a given profession then why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Druids would require unique models for each race. Not gonna happen, sorry.
    that's precisely why it will happen.

every race a druid becomes a major xpac feature. don't need a new class or drop a whole raid tier, just make 100 new animal models and everybody's happy until the next xpac.

I just want my human (not fatboi) Druid
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Honestly I would not be surprised by it, and really, I would be ok with any race being any class at this point. I have my doubts about some though like goblin demon hunter
    or mechagnome druid but the core point of the lore is basically just background noise that can and will change to whatever tune blizzard is singing to fit their whim at the time is true.

My opinion is that we will get any race for either faction before this happens though, some are still wondering if that's the hidden surprise for 8.3.5. with all the talk of player agency, faction war ending, yada yada that some "small number" (lore wise) of faction races decided to cross over after the war.

Kinda hope it's real would be a nice start to fixing some of the faction imbalance

Mechagnome Druid! Lightforged Warlock! All hail!

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I just want my human (not fatboi) Druid
    This.
    Or Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimad View Post
    Well there has been a druid trainer in silvermoon since BC. Which never made any since
    So you could actually quest in Silvermoon and train your ranks if you actually wanted to?

You do realise if allied races and pandaren were a thing in wotlk they would've been DK's, right? Theres's nothing that prevented those races from being DKs until now, it's not some crazy new lore invention they came up with to allow them to be dks, they literally just did what they did the first time except this time it's Bolvar doing the raising.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Lore doesn't matter these days anymore. I cannot wait to roll my Undead Paladin. Oh the light is what harms undead? Tell that to the Undead Priest. Oh its a different type of light? Just re-write the lore. Simple!

I know this is coming off like a smart-ass post, but with the implementation of 'everyone can now be a DK', it only makes sense that eventually Blizz will lift the limits of what class/race we can make. All in the name of convenience and fun. I dont necessarily think this is a bad thing, I think it'll be kinda cool, but it does kinda dilute 15+ years of lore. Maybe.
    And a lot of the existing lore doesn't have to contradict new additions that allow for more combinations. But people are like "historically, all class X characters were of race Y, and so it should be like that forever!" It doesn't make sense. This world is full of magic and wonder, like how gnomes can be as strong as taurens, or undead can wield light. People should stop worrying about such restrictions, and enjoy the freedom of making a character that they actually like.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    They didn't rewrite lore for undead to be priests... in lore they are all shadow priests except Alonsus Foal.

As for everyone being DKs the parts that don't make sense are where does Bolvar get the bodies and where does he get the power to mash souls back in them, since Arthas used Frostmourne to do that. Hopefully the starting experience explains that. Other than that it's not really lore breaking since the Horde made death knights well before Arthas.
    Didnt the player character raise some of the most powerful dks in legion? Doesnt seem like a difficult task to me.

Let's certainly hope that's the case. There's literally no good reason to stop certain race/class combinations, if anything they should have allowed any combination a long time ago.