Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    What he/she said.

Plus Vulpera. Idiotic to appease ERPers
    Vulpera to appease ERPers?
    Guess tauren, pandren, worgen, draenei, and blood elves also all to appease ERPers?

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I raided in the world 500 for years between 200 and 400 range. I only stopped because I didn't like having to be somewhere "every day" at a certain time. I probably play more now than I did then. I'm primarily a collector these days

- - - Updated - - -

The amount of levels you need is irrelevant. They could condense wow down into 10 levels or expand it to 1000 levels and it can take the same amount of time to level from 1 to 10 as it does 1 to 1000. It's an issue of speed and you get faster as you learn unless you get boosted.

Is there a better method to determine if someone has done something and thereby increase your chances of success? Of course people can buy achievements so it's not infallible but we don't have any other system in place so that's what we do. Cheeves, logs, raider.io is all we got, if you can make something better then I'm sure people would be happy to use that.
    It's not irrelevant. Any of it. All contributes to casual new player to not feel safe playing it. Did you miss my point? It seems so. I'm not talking about all the playerbase kind.

Played Cata 12 hrs a day or more. I didn't have a life back then, obviously. Did heroic raiding when that was the highest difficulty, then mythic. Never more than 16hrs of raiding week because i hated having to play a video game on a schedule even if i was playing 60+ hrs a week.

I don't play WoW anymore, haven't since 2017. Too many irreversible changes have been made; lfr, the lore is ruined, nonsensical allied races. The game is not appealing to me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    It's not irrelevant. Any of it. All contributes to casual new player to not feel safe playing it. Did you miss my point? It seems so. I'm not talking about all the playerbase kind.
    I was only saying the number of levels is irrelevant, though I suppose if they aren't an experienced gamer then maybe a high level count would throw them off. If I play any game the number of levels won't matter to me until I know the speed and importance of each level. Overwatch for instance, TreeboyDave hit level 10,000 last year but levels don't mean shit in overwatch.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I play it for fun. I used to be part of a progress guild and was their number one rogue choice, then I became their backup tank healer (back when paladin healers were strictly that.) This was Wrath and most of Cataclysm. By Mists of Pandaria, I was burned out, by both the expansion theme, raiding and the game itself. My guild had fallen apart by that time anyway, and I went on my WoD-long hiatus. Came back in Legion reinvigorated in the game, but never went back to being a serious raider or anything that extreme, I just play for fun now; level multiple characters, Timewalking, pet battle events, LFR when something is new, holiday bosses, there's plenty to do. I don't foresee ever becoming even a semi-serious raider ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I was only saying the number of levels is irrelevant, though I suppose if they aren't an experienced gamer then maybe a high level count would throw them off. If I play any game the number of levels won't matter to me until I know the speed and importance of each level. Overwatch for instance, TreeboyDave hit level 10,000 last year but levels don't mean shit in overwatch.
    Well, i tried bring people, they got tired with leveling and how much levels it was. First day said that everyone uses heirlooms and it feels strange for them to level.
    Then they said it's too much levels to hit. And it is, even i with heirlooms felt it was awful sometimes, but leveling is not a bad thing alone.
    And they also said there's nothing exciting about leveling, when we know that it used to be, but a new person, doesn't feel like it does.
    And they certainly don't look for endgame when they start playing. They need to be slowly introduced first.
    Then when they got to experience the raids, was a mess i couldn't get them into anything, everyone was so focused on asking achievements even for a normal. Was so ridiculous. Then i had to queue up us together and get a party/raid.

There's also this friend of mine in legion, he bought all the expansions to his cousin, his cousin is around age of 22, the guy got tired of the game and leveling too.
    Levels should be reduced, to new formerly players. To enjoy more, and the leveling experience too. Or just happens what usually happens now, they go classic.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-13 at 07:15 PM.

Opened the AQ gates in 2006 and use to call people at 2am to kill world bosses and now I'm playing solo on the 2nd worst server in the US because I like leveling alts and I got a bunch of good names.

Used to be hardcore from vanilla to wotlk. After that just casually and now I cancel subscription every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Vulpera to appease ERPers?
    Guess tauren, pandren, worgen, draenei, and blood elves also all to appease ERPers?
    No more material for ERPers to work with. Vulpera is the most stupid race since Pandas.

And yes. Anyone who wants to roll Vulpera are very likely ERPing

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Nope, I'm totally serious. Every time I see some mouth-breather spout on the forums that only furries or ERPers would ever want to play a vulpera and/or that Blizzard is only adding them to cater to said groups my eyes roll so hard they almost cross the floor. It's no different than the lolpandas crowd.
    You just gotta ignore people like him. Clearly he got sexually aroused by them and instead of admitting it he lashes out at them and anyone who would play them even when 99% of the people who want to play them are not into them like that. Just like how all those "god hates fags" people always end up being caught blowing dudes in bathrooms.

Used to be in a top 100 guild during Cata/MoP. I now actively avoid top end raiding. I strictly progress Heroic, and enjoy it more than I did when I was a cutting edge raider. I play other games, with other people, instead of dedicating 100% of my free time to wow. I've been playing TONNES of COD for example, wheras, if I were still in that scene I'd be grinding AP and M+.

Back when I was working part time, dossing around it was managable. Now I work 40-50 hours a week, have a home to keep and 2 kids to look after. Raiding 2 nights a week in Heroic is hard enough on my schedule. The more ass backward systems they implement to try and force me into logging on whenever possible, the more likely I am to skip a tier. That whole Nazjatar PoS was such a damn strain. The second Azshara went down, I quit out and unsubbed. I resubbed today to piss away some time in classic, and to get ready for 8.3

Back IN college when Wrath was current content, we were on a battle for 1-5 spots on Runetotem through ICC, but when Reforged and J!nx stopped raiding we also kind of stopped and we started doing GDKP runs instead. But BC-WRATH I played like 10+ hours a day, then again I was in college and literally had nothing but time on my hands. Now I sup for a month or so at the beginning of an xpac to see the content and if it holds me which it hasn't since MOP I keep subbed, I lasted 2 weeks this shitty xpac and made it 2 months in Classic before I got bored. I am to the point now that I get 3-5 hours a night to game after the wife and kids are asleep so I play things I enjoy right now I am subbed to SWTOR doing the Empire story quests and having a blast next month who knows. I do think I am done with WOW as a whole at this point they have done nothing but make it a punishment to be a casual raider.

Played it a couple hours on weekdays and 5+ hours on the weekend till BfA.
    These days I just login, run around a bit maybe do a m+ and logout again.
    Hope 8.3 can engage me again.

Only on LK ( where i discovered the game ) with my 10 man raid i usually raided untill 4m only to "wake up" at 7 to go to work, fun times

No more material for ERPers to work with. Vulpera is the most stupid race since Pandas.

And yes. Anyone who wants to roll Vulpera are very likely ERPing

Hey guess who is the ERPer now?

Given that definition then I've played WoW "seriously" since Wrath. Started playing mid BC and just leveled and quested and but didn't do any group content. Got into a raiding guild beginning of Wrath. I've been doing the raid schedule, farm for feast mats, best gems/enchants etc since then. Did progressive mythic raiding in a Horde guild getting mythic achieve mounts and such.

Was really really disappointed when they changed the mount drops for final boss mythic kills from whole raid to just 1.

Now a days I don't do mythic raiding, just Heroic but we always get the AotC achieve each patch. I only do M+ up to 10's, and am an avid pet collector.

Started playing when my youngest was 3 and she'd sit on my lap. Now she is 16 and we play together, farming tmog, mounts and pets.

I still play "seriously" but also still have a lot of fun simply playing.

Anyone who wants to roll Vulpera are very likely ERPing
    I have to because Blizz gives allied races their own cheeves, mog, and mount >_>
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    What is the most serious you've played?
    I use to play progression in BC ... second on server to get Moroes down in KZ original.

But yeah - I play seriously, as seriously as I can ... but can't find a solid raid group to do progression. I'm not good enough for Mythics - so I'm relegated to partial Normal clears. But I pot,run, flask, food, enchant up and gear up to make sure I'm as good as can be for the raid.d

For me the main constraint in WoW is what I can do solo, because group content is an uncommon luxury.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    They are diablo 3 rifts.
    I thought mythic+ is part of diablo rifts aren’t they?

7+ Year Old Account
    I played rather seriously in TBC and got into the server top 10 list of the 10man raid guilds in Wotlk. I didn't raid much in cata but did in MoP. Did not play seriously since then apart from a few friends guild runs.