Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah, dumb ol boring N'Zoth.

I just want more screamy elf lady. Yassss.
    I take it you are hyped for shadowlands then given it has so much of sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I take it you are hyped for shadowlands then given it has so much of sylvanas.
    Super hyped, Gurz.

low effort patch tbh. just waiting for BFA to end at this point.

For me it does look pretty good,bfa was the first time in wow since vanila that I completly took a break from wow for multiple tiers,I didnt even finish uldir,so coming back in this patch for me there are a ton of stuff to do that arent just 8.3 related,alied races,the 8.2 zones look cool,essences,that cloak,rly curious to see how this corruption system pans out mostly,the hate people have for corruption gear seems weird to me...no one complained in legion that from 10+ legenderies you could only equip 2,you still had to pick and chose what to use,with this you will get to use more and more

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Except he’s not. The faction war was the main focus. N’zoth is a side bitch that gets popped like a zit the second he pokes his ugly head around. Like every other old god.

We’re titanslayers, an Old God is a joke at this point and N’zoth is the weakest of them all.
    Saying "We're titanslayers" is a bit of an odd statement.

More like, "We were slayed by a titan instantly and only killed him because we had several other titans empowering us constantly".
    That's not even including the ridiculous weapons being used in some cases.

And it's about as silly as saying Garrosh wasn't a threat because "We're Lich King/Deathwing slayers!"

Also the faction war has felt like a tacked on point this entire expansion besides for BoD. We've already have several old god threats and knock offs, more than interactions with the factions. Just between stuff like Stormsong Valley (Shrine of the Storms, Crucible of Storms), Nazmir (Uldir/Underrot), and Nazjatar now.

I have fresh alts need some better weapons. Does the new patch come with quests that give good weapons?

Sounds like a generic 1-week fun patch and then 'oh well... i guess i will wait for Shadowlands'.

I hope it ends up being good enough to make me want to play again! If they made essences account wide, I'd end up playing again, no doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's OK, raid looks kickass that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Only Cata was released in december...
    all the rest were usually august and november

vanilla- november
    (classic) august
    tbc- jan
    wotlk- nov
    cata- dec
    mop- september
    wod-nov
    legion- aug
    BFA- aug

I said toward the end of the year / fall and/or winter, which applies for a majority of that list.

The only expansions released in August were the last two. And BFA was definitely rushed - given how many people were annoyed about lack of content. They *could* aim to release it in August, but it would probably be a bad idea.

8.3 looks damn sweet
    another legendary cape, again .. no thanks .. I don't like capes, therefore, I don't pay for that. I'm sorry.

how do you think of giving us another legendary cape? and in the next expansion, will they give us another neck? or will we have to use the artifacts again?

Since you earn so much money thanks to our subscriptions and what you sell in the store (tokens included), you could work hard, I think it would be fair.It is an insult that you give us another cape.

I take this opportunity to say that I really dont like wrathion,Not even his fame with Anduin, I want to vomit. I think these characters have broken down, the truth is that Andin is not a worthy king and Wrathion is left over ... a fierce black dragon with a human Arab shape ... it's ridiculous .

therefore, 8.3 is not going to be sweet, but on the contrary, it will be a garbage, and seeing how shadowlands looks, I predict a great fall in subscriptions ...
    Last edited by Capultro; 2020-01-13 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    1. You're entitled to be excited, but at least have the facts straight because you clearly don't.

2. There is no "new mage tower". We have a forced progression scenario, which is closer to the Chromie Scenario than it is the Mage Tower. There is no really amazing cosmetic reward tied to this scenario. It's also not a skill based scenario, it's a "how high is your cloak" scenario.

3. Ny'alotha is an average sized raid, it's not "massive". We've had several end tier's larger, in fact this is the second smallest end tier.

4. This is an extremely subjective opinion. However, in most players opinions, stats do not make boring class design more fun.

1. excuse me?

2. mage tower = challenging single player progression system = horrific visions. no cosmetic reward this time, but gear upgrades instead, which is enough incentive to do them. mage tower in legion got easier with item level -> horrific visions get easier with item level (incl. cloak).

3. still massive compared to the majority of raids in wow. (always compare things to the majority)

4. higher stats always make a spec MORE fun. if you like a spec a little now, you will like it MORE next patch. if you like a spec a lot, then you will like it even MORE next patch. stats won't make you love a spec that you hate, but it will make you like it MORE, no matter how much you like it rn.

8.3 was a big opportunity to get people back into the game, however its kind of been squandered. One of the main factors which drove people away from the game was RNG on top of RNG. The corruption system is a continuation on that and its keeping me and a lot of my friends from being too excited about the patch. When they plan to cut back on RNG in Shadowlands why introduce a new one patch system that most people see as a negative? Blizz has made a lot of questionable decisions lately and this is just another one.

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    I said toward the end of the year / fall and/or winter, which applies for a majority of that list.

The only expansions released in August were the last two. And BFA was definitely rushed - given how many people were annoyed about lack of content. They *could* aim to release it in August, but it would probably be a bad idea.
    Only Cata was released in december...
    all the rest were usually august and november

vanilla- november
    (classic) august
    tbc- jan
    wotlk- nov
    cata- dec
    mop- september
    wod-nov
    legion- aug
    BFA- aug
    the last 3 things they have released have been in august.
    They really like rleasing stuff in oaugust, the only other thing with so many released is november, with vanilla, wotlk, and wod, so spread apart.

and nah BFA was not rushed, epoples complaints about BFA are really only with 1 system, azerite, and that was later fixed, at this point peoplke just hate it to hate it. the other problems are just ones we already had from the past.

the game was not rushed, people just disliked the systems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    8.3 was a big opportunity to get people back into the game, however its kind of been squandered. One of the main factors which drove people away from the game was RNG on top of RNG. The corruption system is a continuation on that and its keeping me and a lot of my friends from being too excited about the patch. When they plan to cut back on RNG in Shadowlands why introduce a new one patch system that most people see as a negative? Blizz has made a lot of questionable decisions lately and this is just another one.
    cause theyare removing titanforging, and corruption is a million times better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    2. mage tower = challenging single player progression system = horrific visions. no cosmetic reward this time, but gear upgrades instead, which is enough incentive to do them. mage tower in legion got easier with item level -> horrific visions get easier with item level (incl. cloak).
    A Horrific Vision is nothing like the Mage Tower. You can be carried in it in a group, there's bonus talents to spec into to make it easier, there's special food exclusive for the scenario, it isn't heavily skill based. It isn't a second Mage Tower, not even close.

3. still massive compared to the majority of raids in wow. (always compare things to the majority)
    You do not compare final raids to the majority of raids. Do you know why? Because final raids last significantly longer than other tiers.

4. higher stats always make a spec MORE fun. if you like a spec a little now, you will like it MORE next patch. if you like a spec a lot, then you will like it even MORE next patch. stats won't make you love a spec that you hate, but it will make you like it MORE, no matter how much you like it rn.
    No they don't. More stats does nothing to my Fire Mage who's been using boring talents and trinkets the entire expansion. More stats does nothing to Demon Hunter to make it more enjoyable. More stats make specs more fluid, not more fun. Talent changes make classes more fun, not insignificant stat increases.

- - - Updated - - -

and nah BFA was not rushed, epoples complaints about BFA are really only with 1 system, azerite, and that was later fixed, at this point peoplke just hate it to hate it. the other problems are just ones we already had from the past.

the game was not rushed, people just disliked the systems.
    And you know, lack of class changes, removal of several abilities that made specs work in Legion and left them broken in BFA, several assets not being where they were supposed to be, the whole basis of the story. But ya it was totally just Azerite that people were complaining about .
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

im a clicker, i did the warlock ones pretty early
    did the death knight ones, and one of the rogue ones pretty near the end with like 820 ilvl and 1 or 2 legendaires.
    i coulda done them all, but i really didnt care, i only play lock so... while alot were cool, i dont care THAT much about em.
    Being clicked =/= being bad. In PvE you can get about the same result as keybinder if you are good clicker.

And I mean really bad people so majority of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    A Horrific Vision is nothing like the Mage Tower. You can be carried in it in a group, there's bonus talents to spec into to make it easier, there's special food exclusive for the scenario, it isn't heavily skill based. It isn't a second Mage Tower, not even close.
    BIG OOOF

turns out with masks it's actually 10 times harder than mage tower ever was even with low item level.

BIG OOOF

turns out with masks it's actually 10 times harder than mage tower ever was even with low item level.
    This isn't even remotely true. Some dude has already 5 cleared it, solo. Using a plethora of bullshit buffs.

The Vision has research, cloak upgrades, gear scaling and food buffs. Plus you could do it in a group

The Mage Tower only had iLevel.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    This isn't even remotely true. Some dude has already 5 cleared it, solo. Using a plethora of bullshit buffs.

The Vision has research, cloak upgrades, gear scaling and food buffs. Plus you could do it in a group

The Mage Tower only had iLevel.
    As a skilled player who did mage tower on every spec in the game about 2 weeks after it launched, I've thought masked runs have been thoroughly harder than anything in Mage Tower ever was. "Some dude" doesn't make it easy. "Some dude" cleared Mythic N'Zoth already. Didn't know that because "some dude" did it that the boss must be easy.

BIG OOOF

It really isn't. I've 4 masked solo already, it's a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.