Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I gotta say, this is perhaps one of the most ignorant decisions I've ever seen Blizzard make in my years of experience with them since 2005. Just..lol. Wow.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    That kind of thinking is pretty childish.

Warglaives on most races are awful anyways due to lacking proper animations, dunno why anyone is so desperate to have their weapons constantly clipping through them all the time.
    It's not childish at all. Thunderfury has always been a rogue, warrior, and later DK weapon. But now DHs can mog it purely because they can wield one handed swords but all the classes that could wield the warglaives in the past can apparently go fuck themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It's not childish at all. Thunderfury has always been a rogue, warrior, and later DK weapon. But now DHs can mog it purely because they can wield one handed swords but all the classes that could wield the warglaives in the past can apparently go fuck themselves.
    Thunderfury isn't a misclassified weapon, nor anywhere near iconic to a specific class due to lore reasons.

The only reason they likely haven't changed them to glaives is so people can still get the achievement and lolnostalgia

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Kinda funny to me since I don't like the glaives and I only really like playing Prot so my warrior will have Thunderfury from now until the ending of the world. Still a needless change in my mind and really, SMF doesn't exist anymore and I'd still not spec for it even if it did. Monks are a sad victim caught in the terrible crossfire and I feel for them. The only people that will piss off and hurt are the Rogues that had glaives trying to relive their glory days of killing Warlocks all day everyday in BC. Being a Warlock in those times, it was ridiculous that I could 1v5 scrubs all day until a single Rogue came up and melt me like butter. If this change pisses off just one of those Rogues now, I am glad for it.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

I do think it's pathetic. I read it this morning and even though I main a DH, I was said out loud, "What the actual fuck Blizzard?"

Thunderfury isn't a misclassified weapon, nor anywhere near iconic to a specific class due to lore reasons.

The only reason they likely haven't changed them to glaives is so people can still get the achievement and lolnostalgia
    The rogue daggers have a lot of lore and such linked to it yet ANY dagger wielding class will be able to mog it. So your justification is flawed.

The rogue daggers have a lot of lore and such linked to it yet ANY dagger wielding class will be able to mog it. So your justification is flawed.
    no, only rogues will be able to mog them

If it softens the blow any, the glaives look pretty pixelated and outdated. I put them on my DH but decided to remove them after a few days - they were clashing with the other gear.

Blizzard's reasoning is completely stupid and nonsensical. Any other old legendary is transmoggable as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fairly certain that you can't mog legendaries if your class is incapable of completing the quest to obtain them, so only rogues will have access to them.

Why don’t Blizzard apply the same logic to Thunderfury then. In legion they made it an artifact appearance exclusively for Outlaw Rogues. If they don’t give the Warglaives to other classes then they shouldn’t give Thunderfury either. However, they should just free both.

- - - Updated - - -

If the warglaives are so iconic, why did they let other classes equip them in the first place? They cannot just go back on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Why don’t Blizzard apply the same logic to Thunderfury then. In legion they made it an artifact appearance exclusively for Outlaw Rogues. If they don’t give the Warglaives to other classes then they shouldn’t give Thunderfury either. However, they should just free both.

- - - Updated - - -

If the warglaives are so iconic, why did they let other classes equip them in the first place? They cannot just go back on that.
    Because DH wasn't a class back then and they wanted to do something cool by giving players access to such an iconic thing. If they were released now they'd almost certainly be a DH only item.

somewhat Im glad lol

At most it is a light tap on the cheek.

My kid got his Warrior to 110 and decided to run some older raids for gold. On his literally first BH run he got Glaive OH. Since he already had Legion class swords he ... attention ... sold the Glaive. Two days after that he said he had such a drop. When I enlightened him about how rare the stuff is and you do not sell/DE legendaries he wasn't happy. But knowing new patch will allow legendary t-mog it wasn't big deal.

Now - he won't be happy either, I guess.

Either re-farm or item restore.

It's not childish at all. Thunderfury has always been a rogue, warrior, and later DK weapon.
    Actually "and later" it was everyone who could use a sword weapon. I got in Wrath on my lock.

Making a reward exclusive to a class that wasn't around when you could actually earn the reward. Oh, Blizzard...

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Warglaives are a weapon that only Demon Hunters can use...sorry you want to pretend you're a Demon Hunter while not actually playing one but some things should be exclusive...
    its a so stupid argument lol, warglaive was originally a unique weapon for rogue and warrior, end of freaking story ! why dh suddenly have the right for those transmog weapon ? blizzard and their freaking carebear taking

It's like people forgot that there's only 1 class that can realistically use Guns, Crossbows and Bows... or that Throwing Weapons are totally forgotten. I'm much more frustrated that Blizz won't make the Tinker or some other class that can use ranged weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    its a so stupid argument lol, warglaive was originally a unique weapon for rogue and warrior, end of freaking story ! why dh suddenly have the right for those transmog weapon ? blizzard and their freaking carebear taking
    Because its iconic DH weapon.

DHs dont ask for onehanded Ashbringer/Shadowmourne either.