Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I’m personally more annoyed with how whiny people on WoW forums are in general. It’s goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    They are quite vicious on Reddit.
    I mean,Reddit has a combined habit of being equally aggressive as they are wrong on most every subject you can think of.I wouldn't mind it

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I mean,Reddit has a combined habit of being equally aggressive as they are wrong on most every subject you can think of.I wouldn't mind it
    The pro's and con's of swarm intelligence are perfectly displayed at reddit.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    They act like hivemind. I guess it is cause by binary upvote mentality.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    So I was to myself. Imagine if you are someone who really wants this race and are happy with every aspect of it right now yet you constantly hear people talking crap about it constantly. Doesn't this begin to get a bit physiologically taxing? For me one of the awesome parts of new allied races is having something to feel hyped about. However, it kinds of detracts from it when one is getting so much hate directed at them from all angles. I was curious if this is something that tends to bother mechagnome fans or they just don't really care.
    Just play you favorite race, let people be mad about it. If that is "physiologically taxing" for you, you probably have greater problems that can't be solved in an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    I think most of it comes from people who wanted a different race to be the next allied race.

Correlation isn't causation but I've noticed alot of the extream haters tend to also post on here and reddit alot of either pro sethrak, pro high elf or pro some other unlikely to happen allied race like tuskar, or vrykul....

I think, that's mostly because of the message it's sending them from blizz by making races only introduced to the game not long ago playable over there pet races that are on the most part more established, it's reduces the likely hood they will get what they want, these groups tend to be self affirming and rejecting of any naysay so in there minds getting there race is 100% going to happen and is only a matter of time, blizz doing this strikes at the foundation of that belife, especialy when it's factored in to the being only one more patch this expac and only one row left on the allied race screen. Sure blizz could make another tab and could keep adding races in shadowlands but any one who's know blizz for any length of time will have doubts that the allied race system will continue after BFA especially after Blizzcon made no mention of it a all in shadowlands.

This creates a feeling of the clock running out in many of them and the only avenue they have to release that frustration is by taking it out on those they see as "stealing there races spot"

But ultimately, the people there abusing will be enjoying there mechagnome, Vulpera, kul tiran, void elf for years to come through Shadowlands and beyond whilst they will still be spamming threads asking for high elves, vrykul, tuskar, tunka w/e and getting palmed off by blizz with w/e excuses not to add the race, so ultimately it will be those they abused who get the last laugh.
    This is very true. I guess this is what happens when someone gets too emotionally attached to a race that may or may not be playable.

This is very true. I guess this is what happens when someone gets too emotionally attached to a race that may or may not be playable.
    Its behaviour fairly common in politics, religeon and gambling.

Self affirming and decrying the "opposition" gives people a feeling of control over an outcome that they in reality have very little control over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I don't see a lot of "hate" for mechagnomes - it's more of a tired indignation. Nobody really wanted or cares for them and there are so many better options they could have chosen from.

Few people really wanted Mechagnomes. They don't really "fit" with much of the Warcraft world outside of Mechagon so most of the classes seem like a weird fit - like Mages or Monks. Maybe if a Tinker class was released at the same time they'd be more popular.

Gnomes were one of the least represented classes as is, so a variation of them with such an intrusive look and design isn't going to be in big demand. Outside of the racials being OP i doubt we'll see many people at all playing them.

For Horde, Allied races have been a huge success. I see lots of Zandarlai, Mag'har Orcs and Nightborne and I think there are going to be a large amount of Vulpera. For Alliance I see a lot of Void Elves, some Dark Iron (which I'm personally a big fan of) aaannd that's about it. You see the occasional Kul Tiran druid. I very rarely even see KT that aren't druids. Mechagnomes will be even rarer. It's just another thing where it feels the Alliance were an unenthusiastic afterthought.
    More "this is what I see/think, so surely that's how it is/will be everywhere!" please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    I’m personally more annoyed with how whiny people on WoW forums are in general. It’s goofy.
    Some people never learned to stop crying when they don't get their way. The forums show us who those people are.

Did somebody said something wrong about ?
    Ok they are fugly but what else ? It's a rebranded race just like all the news race we got since legion.
    If there's anything toxic it's just the news races are there for pure marketing

Gnomes are shit now and have always been.

While I don't mind the race, I think they should have been called Junker Gnomes, because that's basically what they are. We already have lore established Mecha-Gnomes. But I think that mechanization should have been a customization for Gnomes like how Blood Elves and Night Elves got their eye color changes.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a "BFA-hater" myself, I don't think Mechagnomes are bad at all. They're fine in my eyes. I have vastly more disdain for Vulpera, and Void Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Same here. I was originally going with warrior/hunter but starting at 58 is just too good to pass up, so mechagnome DK all the way for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you mean first?
    Ah, i meant chronologically. I've leveled a maghar, zandalari, and kultiran beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    i have not seen anything especially vicious towards mechagnomes in particular. where are you getting this feeling from? MMO-C? in-game?
    There's a non-trivial amount of people that don't like the idea of having their last allied race be more Gnomey Gnomes that are amputees wearing diapers, tied to a Horde equivalent built on a Horde Goblin rig but otherwise presented as its own species, with the only possible overlap being maybe the 'scamp'ish nature that the Vulpera if you really stretch the imagination.

It's post 2018 so naturally, if a good amount of people don't like a thing and voice it, that's toxicity in our brave new world.

Only thing bothering me as an engineer is when i kill mechagnomes i won't be able to "mine" their corpse like engineers can do against all mechs. I want all your gold and loot from my engineering skill!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroloGeo View Post
    But, are there any mechagnomes fans?
    Yeah, the same 5 people who will flip a lid if you dare to disparage or put into question the mass appeal of Junker Gnomes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I don't hate them per say, I'm just kind of meh about them, indifferent, which is worse. They don't even deserve the merit of dislike due to how lazy an idea they are. They're like Lightforged Draenei, Highmountain and Mag'har Orcs. "Yeah... these could have been customize options, guys."
    If you then add the perspective of somebody who expected more from allied races, especially after Zandalari and Kul Tirans and was hopeful for something unique and not just Gnomes but slightly more fascinated with tech, realizing that there are only finite slots for allied races and these may be the final ones?

That might turn into "hate".

- - - Updated - - -

Vulpera is a popular race though. Saying Vulpera is getting it worse is like saying blood elves get bullied more. Blood elves get bullied more on virtue of how much many more of them there are and discussion surrounding them, but when you take into consideration the ratio of aggressors to fans, Mechagnomes are getting it way worse by a landslide. Fans of Gilgoblins also arguable have it worlds worse because of being overshadowed by Vulpera related stuff.
    Mechagnomes are generally being made fun of because of how meh of an option they are for many people and possibly the last allied race the Alliance gets, and because they can't really wear any armor on their arms and legs, and because their diaper look isn't particularly flattering, and because they are like Lightforged Draenei are to regular Draenei in a world where we do have actual races that don't just feel like more extreme versions of the base race.

Vulpera are getting made fun of because "hurr durr furry. Furries in WoW, everyone. The Horde is ded because yiff!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    There are Mechagnome fans?

If they'd given them metal faces, I'd understand it. That would have looked cool, like Mimiron. I'd be down with that.

But this gnome face and robot body? Worst of both worlds. It would be like having a mermaid be just a fish with human hands and feet.

Gotta agree. That's why, if I make a Junker Gnome, I'll just make sure to always wear the heritage helmet on it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Just think of all the potential mechagnome players we lost because they were afraid that someone some day might whisper them: "Diaper boy!".
    Wow it actually looks like a diaper.. thanks for this.

I hate gnomes, but I mean this is a thing since 2005 and going strong. Mechagnomes look rediculous and its going to become even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yeah, you saying that someone who'd rather quit than play a mechagnome has no value in another recent thread on mechagnomes (or having to edit this one to make it "more civil") truly conveys your lack of care about people not liking this race and that you subscribe to the notion of people being entitled to dislike what they choose.
    Haha, good of you to see through the feigned apathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Oh you sweet summer child.

Gnome hate has been a thing since 2005. It's just been rebranded.
    The wording you used, combined with your avatar - i can hear your tone.. it made me rofl.. So malevolent

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah, the same 5 people who will flip a lid if you dare to disparage or put into question the mass appeal of Junker Gnomes.

- - - Updated - - -

If you then add the perspective of somebody who expected more from allied races, especially after Zandalari and Kul Tirans and was hopeful for something unique and not just Gnomes but slightly more fascinated with tech, realizing that there are only finite slots for allied races and these may be the final ones?

That might turn into "hate".

- - - Updated - - -

Mechagnomes are generally being made fun of because of how meh of an option they are for many people and possibly the last allied race the Alliance gets, and because they can't really wear any armor on their arms and legs, and because their diaper look isn't particularly flattering, and because they are like Lightforged Draenei are to regular Draenei in a world where we do have actual races that don't just feel like more extreme versions of the base race.

Vulpera are getting made fun of because "hurr durr furry. Furries in WoW, everyone. The Horde is ded because yiff!"

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta agree. That's why, if I make a Junker Gnome, I'll just make sure to always wear the heritage helmet on it.
    I tried to cover up the face of my nightborne cus they fucked their eyes up, but you will eventually race change because of this. Its a never ending thing and it alwqys botherd me.

The hate on furry or vulpera is likely because of those weird anime chicks who wear a plush/fur thing on their head 24/7 and laugh like a 6 year old. Whats not to hate?