Poll: Does 8.3 Seduce You?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I will keep doing what I've been doing for months now, log in once a week to do some m+ and then fuck off again until next week. I think only in SL will I actually bother to play properly again.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    It will be easier to get mechagon and nazjatar essences.
    The ones that are most annoying to farm (Blood, Conflict) will still be extremely annoying to farm. No alternative for CLF, which is only from EP. Even the Naz/Mech essences take hours of farming spare parts and manapearls even after you get the rep for them.

Point being, essences are still a giant brickwall for a lot of players, and there's zero reason for them to be so at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    you can't add mythic mechagon in there....that's not NEW content....all that is, is a harder difficultly slapped on CURRENT content....

same thing with a HEROIC warfront....same content just harder....again that's not NEW

the definition of NEW is something that's not in the game now and that is ADDED....

AH system, AH is still in game but they changed the system again not new just adjusted.....

you even said yourself REWORKED deepwind gorge...so once again another thing thats in the game already so that's not new...

so right there about half of the list you tried to defend is not NEW.....

stop letting blizz get away with adjusted content as NEW content....the more you do that the more they will try to get away with.....

look back at xpacs like tbc wrath cata....new content was amazing...the last patch of the lich king had three dungeons ALONE even before the raid lol

and you're trying to defend 8.3? hahahaha
    You know he got the point.... Why bother defending 8.3 when it comes to nothing new? Chicken chicken winner dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Yeah WoW really isn't for me anymore. All of this content just looks like grindy unfun garbage. If people like it, that's great, but I have been spending my time playing actual video games and it's made me realize how much less fun I have with WoW.
    Me too my son me too ...

sub ends in 50 hours. Might renew 1 month before shadowlands comes out. If I'm excited for what it has to offer. This is the least amount of any expansion I've played. It's been out 16 months? I had a sub a total of 6 months (not back to back) . I was gone from the game for 7 months skipped all of 8.2 and damn it still felt like ass just coming back this last month. Won't resub for 8.3 either it looks very meh to me. Funny my sub ends the same day 8.3 comes out. Good try blizz but you didn't hook me in..

Meh, it makes my Kill List shorter, so...

Had this Kill list for a long time. Made it during Classic. The fact that I still went with it to this day is insane.

I think a lot of art resource went into 8.2, so could explain why 8.3 is lighter in 'new' areas/assets.
    It doesn't excite me massively as I don't raid but I will pop in for a few weeks and mess around, then switch back to FF when their new patch comes out.

I feel its gonna be a long wait until 9.0 but hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Blizzard releases new zone: "What the fuck Blizzard, couldn't you have worked on making more interesting systems?"

Blizzard releases new interesting systems: "What the fuck Blizzard, couldn't you have released a new zone?"

The universal rule of MMO-C prevails again: No matter what Blizzard does or doesn't do... the only reason they did or didn't do it is because fuck you.
    lol dude, after seeing your replies on different threads I am really convinced that you must have a twitter account with at least 10k followers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well of course. Essences are still an individual hassle of a farm.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'll just wait for Shadowlands...lets just say that

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    sub ends in 50 hours. Might renew 1 month before shadowlands comes out. If I'm excited for what it has to offer. This is the least amount of any expansion I've played. It's been out 16 months? I had a sub a total of 6 months (not back to back) . I was gone from the game for 7 months skipped all of 8.2 and damn it still felt like ass just coming back this last month. Won't resub for 8.3 either it looks very meh to me. Funny my sub ends the same day 8.3 comes out. Good try blizz but you didn't hook me in..
    Content hopping and long breaks will kill any fun you can have in WoW for sure. MMO's main attraction is the constant grind TOGETHER with OTHER PLAYERS and the content patches are there just to change the scenery but it will be never enough to keep your entertained for more than 1-2 weeks.

At some point you have to decide if you like MMO's with the grind towards anything you choose or if you don't enjoy the main gameplay. A hard cut from the game is sometimes better than just waste your time with things you dont enjoy. Shadowlands keeps everything we have and adds a better NEW_PLAYER integration to this old game. There is nothing even announced for seasonal players and it would be a first in 15 years of the game to get anything meaninfull for that type of players.
    Last edited by Ange; 2020-01-13 at 12:41 PM.
    -

I let my sub lapse last month. While I do enjoy raiding. I dont really like the things around it. If you ask any one in my guild they say they had to drag me kicking and screaming in to M+. Dont really get any enjoyment out of needing to grind essences so have been falling further and further behind on that front.

While I do understand that corruption is a lot out mechanic, there is most likely some currency attached to it to grind out to do it.

And while heroic visions look interesting and looks like a nice side project, they also tied the legendary cloak to it and that's something needed for the raid and thus need to grind it and will most likely kill my enjoyment of it as well.

I dont PvP and warfronts have been boring as he'll since the beginning. So not likely to touch those.

I really wish I could raid log and not feel guilty about it xD. Oh well on to other games.
    Last edited by gorkos; 2020-01-13 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Most of the problems with PvP were introduced with Legion and carried on into BfA. Like the randomization of gearing, the horrible implementation of PvP talents, but most glaring is the GCD changes introduced in BfA.
    Personally, the big problem I had with PvP in Legion was there was no reward for mostly PvE players to do it. Previously one could raid, but also do casual PvP for slow gearing there, and the gear obtained there would actually be useful. Not now.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    I think a lot of art resource went into 8.2, so could explain why 8.3 is lighter in 'new' areas/assets..
    "Lighter"? There are no new areas at all. The entire patch consists of phased zones from Cataclysm and MoP plus a raid. I'm sure the raid will be great, but everything else is severely low effort. It's the smallest patch in terms of new content since the infamous "selfie patch", 6.1.

Patch 6.1: nothing
    6.2: Tanaan Jungle zone, full raid
    7.1: Karazhan megadungeon, small raid
    7.2: Broken Shore zone, new dungeon, full raid
    7.3: Argus zones, new dungeon, full raid
    8.1: small raid and full raid
    8.2: Nazjatar and Mechagon zones, Mechagon megadungeon, full raid
    8.3: full raid

8.3 is very systems-heavy on solo progression, so there's lots of stuff to do. We're just doing it all in old locations.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-01-13 at 05:12 PM.

Mrs. Ny'alotha, are you trying to seduce me..?