Thread: Gear madness

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    But that has nothing to do with my hypothetical. Because its a single gear token. 1 token from 1 run. This is why I'm saying everything your on about makes no sense, not only that but your reply was immediately toxic and shitty for a post you didn't bother reading properly.

You could nurf it so the easiest m+ gives only 0.5 for a token... But then people will just run the 2nd easiest. People will just math out what ever is the fastest way and spam it what ever you do with a currency system like that. There is no fix to min maxing.
    Make it weekly. Make every dungeon drop currency equivalent to their completion time/number of bosses (like what they did in legion lmao)

I did read it properly. Your premise already happened, and it already got fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by 123youshowme View Post
    Make it weekly. Make every dungeon drop currency equivalent to their completion time/number of bosses (like what they did in legion lmao)

I did read it properly. Your premise already happened, and it already got fixed.
    But it didnt get capped, and It lasted as long as ap farming was relevant, the fix was two fold, make the most optimal way capped by world quest spawn time and raid lock out and also Make AP worth less which it was post unlock all traits which u got free in 7.2

They never capped ap gain, you could still spam m+ for AP after 7.2 it just wasn't worth it because of the Rolling AK buff.

That was also a currancy with multiple content type sources, with a whole content type being nurfed to dissuade spamming it. This is a currency with only one content type and would require indovidualy determining what each instance is worth, something far more involved and prone to error than a blanket nurf to stop one content type being abused.

So though the problem is similar which is why I used it as an example, it's not the same. Which is why you trying to use it for some reason is a woeful mis step in logic or you didn't read my post.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    My idea for fixing tier was instead of the tier dropping the piece itself, it dropped a scroll which allowed you to "learn" the set bonus. Then you could apply the bonus to whatever piece you wanted to use. Down the "helm" boss and the "legs" boss you could assign whatever pieces you wanted as "tier" and get your 2pc.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds like a good idea. Do you like the one I had above for tier?
    its not a bad idea for sure.. allows tier set bonus on whatever gear you want

- - - Updated - - -

You farmed ap in legion for one tier, in nighthold.
    Literally noone farms M+ for ap.

The fact that noone farms M+ for ap means that the problem you mentioned was *gasp* fixed.

Learn to read and comprehend.

- - - Updated - - -

all of y'alls solutions are 200 times more convoluted than azerite, lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

that's fucking stupid. inc paying for a last boss carry and just doing the bare minimum for the entire expansion
    cause that doesn't happen already?
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

But it didnt get capped, and It lasted as long as ap farming was relevant, the fix was two fold, make the most optimal way capped by world quest spawn time and raid lock out and also Make AP worth less which it was post unlock all traits which u got free in 7.2

They never capped ap gain, you could still spam m+ for AP after 7.2 it just wasn't worth it because of the Rolling AK buff.

That was also a currancy with multiple content type sources, with a whole content type being nurfed to dissuade spamming it. This is a currency with only one content type and would require indovidualy determining what each instance is worth, something far more involved and prone to error than a blanket nurf to stop one content type being abused.

So though the problem is similar which is why I used it as an example, it's not the same. Which is why you trying to use it for some reason is a woeful mis step in logic or you didn't read my post.
    capped? lol who said anything about caps?

it just wasn't worth it
    mhm

Nah, it's the same problem and the same solution will happen. equivalency.

Your problem is that you think that your "solution" to this is more clever than it actually is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    its not a bad idea for sure.. allows tier set bonus on whatever gear you want

- - - Updated - - -

cause that doesn't happen already?
    You *probably* get gear from your 1 carry yeah
    but having "I killed the bosses" allowing you to leisurely purchase any item off their loot tables off a fucking vendor? lmfao you must be high

capped? lol who said anything about caps?

mhm

Nah, it's the same problem and the same solution will happen. equivalency.

Your problem is that you think that your "solution" to this is more clever than it actually is.

- - - Updated - - -

You *probably* get gear from your 1 carry yeah
    but having "I killed the bosses" allowing you to leisurely purchase any item off their loot tables off a fucking vendor? lmfao you must be high
    It's not the same problem, because it's not exactly the same, equvilancy is a logical fallacy when I applied to two things that arn't exactly the same, my hypothetical is a single content type sourced currency, ap has multiple sources, the problem with ap was one content type being spammed over others not specifically maw, there solution was nurf all of that content type, my problem is to stop one m+ being above others, to which the prior solution is useless because there will always be one better than the others for farming, even after 7.2 there was 1 better for farming it's just farming wasn't worth it as rolling ak made it pointless.

Clearly you horribly mis read my first post, flew of the handle and replied without thinking first, went full hogg aggressive Internet troll in your first post (bet you felt really smug till you realised it wasn't on topic) and are now trying to find some excuse for starting this to begin with that saves face. Your best bet now is to ghost and pretend it didn't happen.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-01-13 at 05:46 PM.

It's not the same problem, because it's not exactly the same, equvilancy is a logical fallacy when I applied to two things that arn't exactly the same, my hypothetical is a single content type sourced currency, ap has multiple sources, the problem with ap was one content type being spammed over others not specifically maw, there solution was nurf all of that content type, my problem is to stop one m+ being above others, to which the prior solution is useless because there will always be one better than the others for farming, even after 7.2 there was 1 better for farming it's just farming wasn't worth it as rolling ak made it pointless.
    It's 100% the same because they are either going to do 2 things.
    1)
    make the raid drop currency acquirable from the raid only
    or 2)
    make the raid drop currency acquirable from all content.

Unless you want to ignore all current trends for your headcanon, obviously

I just want a return to BC maybe even Wrath to a point, I had T4 in BC and did just fine DPS and heals wise into T6 content. When it was a neat upgrade, but gear from the first tier raids was not immediately replaced with a quest reward or the first boss of the new raid.

It's 100% the same because they are either going to do 2 things.
    1)
    make the raid drop currency acquirable from the raid only
    or 2)
    make the raid drop currency acquirable from all content.

Unless you want to ignore all current trends for your headcanon, obviously
    It's my hypothetical solution were talking about not yours haha.

You're now doing what's called "shifting the goal posts" your expanding out the system to be more like the thing your drawing a false equovilance too and fix holes in your logic, problem there is its 1. my hypothetical, i set the posts. 2. Still not equivilant and 3. Further from my original point than you allready were.

Also showing how badly you mis read my original post. Look I get it, you get mad on the Internet when things don't fit what you want, you mis read my post and wanted to express how mad that makes you, but then it all fell apart because you were arguing about something totally seperate and didn't realise you fell into a hypothetical example. I'm giving you an out to ghost if you want, I recommend you take it, most would just start picking you to bits at this point.

It's my hypothetical solution were talking about not yours haha.

You're now doing what's called "shifting the goal posts" your expanding out the system to be more like the thing your drawing a false equovilance too and fix holes in your logic, problem there is its 1. my hypothetical, i set the posts. 2. Still not equivilant and 3. Further from my original point than you allready were.

Also showing how badly you mis read my original post. Look I get it, you get mad on the Internet when things don't fit what you want, you mis read my post and wanted to express how mad that makes you, but then it all fell apart because you were arguing about something totally seperate and didn't realise you fell into a hypothetical example. I'm giving you an out to ghost if you want, I recommend you take it, most would just start picking you to bits at this point.
    I didn't misread anything.
    You drew up farming the easiest, quickest dungeon as an example, i showed you that it got nerfed to the point of irrelevance and won't be a possibility.
    You then began to attempt to denigrate to salvage your horrible hypothetical.

I didn't misread anything.
    You drew up farming the easiest, quickest dungeon as an example, i showed you that it got nerfed to the point of irrelevance and won't be a possibility.
    You then began to attempt to denigrate to salvage your horrible hypothetical.
    As a hypothetical problem to my hypothetical solution where you get currancy only from m+ for m+ gear. So your solution to my hypothetical problem of my hypothetical solution isnt equivilant.....

So either you mis read my original post, or your really really adamant to keep digging this hole you in, either way you are entertaining if nothing else.

But if ur damned adamant to not take the out then, the simple answer is the legion solution dosnt work as m+ gear can only come from m+, if you bring in raids then you have to bring in raid gear which means giving the ability to get raid gear from m+.

But that also makes it a different system to what I proposed and proposed the problem too, so... Again what's your point?
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-01-13 at 06:08 PM.

As a hypothetical problem to my hypothetical solution where you get currancy only from m+ for m+ gear. So your solution to my hypothetical problem of my hypothetical solution isnt equivilant.....

So either you mis read my original post, or your really really adamant to keep digging this hole you in, either way you are entertaining if nothing else.

But if ur damned adamant to not take the out then, the simple answer is the legion solution dosnt work as m+ gear can only come from m+, if you bring in raids then you have to bring in raid gear which means giving the ability to get raid gear from m+.

But that also makes it a different system to what I proposed and proposed the problem too, so... Again what's your point?
    No, my point is exactly the same.
    noone farms for ap for a reason.

You likened your idea to farming ap in nighthold tier. instead of ap, lets call your M+ currency "farts"
    If a dungeon was found to be the meta for acquiring farts, they would make it so all dungeons have equivalent fart/effort ratio. It would be like how it is now, where noone farms dungeons for ap, as the costs would be too high.

I know you aren't proposing a system where you can just sit down and farm m+ all day and then, on top of the loot you got as a drop, go buy shit with your farts off a vendor, because that will 100% never see the light of day.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Game has moved on from gear matters to skill matters. The only somewhat convoluted part is simming and upgrades estimation, but tbh if you remove that from WoW gearing, the game will be extremely boring.
    Gear matters? LMAO

It has moved from gear matters to gear AND grind matters.

Terrible system catered to addicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    Gear matters? LMAO

It has moved from gear matters to gear AND grind matters.

Terrible system catered to addicts.
    good thing you basically do 1 M+ 3 islands a week to stay relevant, then. Other than that you can 100% raidlog

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    But omg you are gonna get corrupted gear in 8.3, this means you can fill your bags with stuff that you can't wear unless you want to go full moron old school warlock and have healers hate you and avoid healing you when they realize what you are trying to do. At least with Titanforged you didn't feel disappointed when getting a new piece of high level gear.While the no lifers will min max this on a ridiculous level, the rest of the player base will deal with a system which includes the vaguely unsatisfying over complicated Azerothian armor, the essential but insanely grindy essence system and the new "legendary" cloak which you can level up a WHOLE 2 LEVELS A WEEK. Oh and good luck with alts because just the questing to get the "legendary" cloak will be 3-4 hours per character and its not optional content.
    Yep.. if you get a corrupted item you will have to keep it in your bags and wait for a few weeks to be able to wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yep.. if you get a corrupted item you will have to keep it in your bags and wait for a few weeks to be able to wear it.
    or you can cleanse it

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    good thing you basically do 1 M+ 3 islands a week to stay relevant, then. Other than that you can 100% raidlog
    you forgot the reputation and other grinds to get the bis essences before and after the patch, the additional corrupted cloak chore and the repetition of mundane grind for each alt you want to play decently, as these things are not account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    you forgot the reputation and other grinds to get the bis essences before and after the patch, the additional corrupted cloak chore and the repetition of mundane grind for each alt you want to play decently, as these things are not account wide.
    you literally only need focusing iris, cof and clf, which you get from doing 1 raid, 1 M+ a week.

if you're a lazy piece of shit fotm reroller, do you really need rank 3 lucid dreams? lmao

or you can cleanse it
    But it would be forever cleansed and when you finally do upgrade your cloak you won't have the corrupted item. The "cleansing" should be temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    But it would be forever cleansed and when you finally do upgrade your cloak you won't have the corrupted item. The "cleansing" should be temporary.
    you wanna re-corrupt something? how you go about doing that bud?

Also you could just yolo and wear it.

all of y'alls solutions are 200 times more convoluted than azerite, lmao.
    Grating cheese is 100 times more convoluted than azerite gear...what I described is an extension of the essence system more so than azerite. Tier sets that can only be used in the raid it is unlocked in, but are unlocked from boss drops which you learn and then use in the relic slot (or one gear slot). That way, they can’t be in m+ upsetting that crowd (unless they got their own equivalent for each season maybe) and only use one armour slot (which we already have locked to necklace anyway so it doesn’t upset blizz logic of locking slots).

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    My idea for fixing tier was instead of the tier dropping the piece itself, it dropped a scroll which allowed you to "learn" the set bonus. Then you could apply the bonus to whatever piece you wanted to use. Down the "helm" boss and the "legs" boss you could assign whatever pieces you wanted as "tier" and get your 2pc.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds like a good idea. Do you like the one I had above for tier?
    Wouldn’t that just result in one that is really strong being used for all raid tiers then?

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I think M+ is the best new thing in a long while, but yeah it has some problems. I don't mind re-earning gear that much, but it would be nice to get some acknowledgment of having it done before. Imagine you get your new Plumage and can combine it with your old one to upgrade it by 1 ilvl.

Another thing I would add is dungeon sets. I really like collecting sets, hard sets have problem, so maybe some item that lets you turn a piece of dungeon armor into a set piece. Have set boni only work inside dungeons so they don't become mandatory in raids. This would also help players who don't really want to raid but feel they have to to get BiS gear for dungeons.

Dungeons sets sounds amazing, would love something unique like that in m+ since CMs are gone.