Thread: [MOVIE] Morbius

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[MOVIE] Morbius

Actually surprised this got made AND released.

10+ Year Old Account
    TLDR??? Don't just post links to a commercial videos, tell us what is it about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    TLDR??? Don't just post links to a commercial videos, tell us what is it about.
    You want me to recap a trailer for you? There's a giant red button that will do that better than my words can.

And if you are extremely lazy, this is in the Spider-man universe and tells the origin of one his enemies.

There. TLDW

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    You want me to recap a trailer for you? There's a giant red button that will do that better than my words can.

And if you are extremely lazy, this is in the Spider-man universe and tells the origin of one his enemies.

There. TLDW
    Well, to be fair, it's in the MCU Universe. Spider-Man is part of the MCU, and you saw Vulture there towards the end of the trailer, which just cements it.

But, I am curious... why does it suprise you that it got made and released? They announced it as part of Phase 4 at Comicon. This shouldn't me any more surprising than the Eternals movie.

3+ Year Old Account
    Would have been cooler if they didn't spoil Vulture at the end.

Not sure if you guys noticed, but this movie appears to be in both the MCU and the Sam Raimi Spider-Man universes. At 2:10 in the trailer, there is picture of Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man on the wall.
    Last edited by Asphyx22; 2020-01-13 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Well, to be fair, it's in the MCU Universe. Spider-Man is part of the MCU, and you saw Vulture there towards the end of the trailer, which just cements it.

But, I am curious... why does it suprise you that it got made and released? They announced it as part of Phase 4 at Comicon. This shouldn't me any more surprising than the Eternals movie.
    Well for one Venom got a meh reception and was not even tied to Spider-man. Sony trying to do a "shared universe" just seems foreign.

And the fact that Doctor Strange (of all movies) is experiencing director problems.

Edit: And I know Doctor Strange is Marvel (versus Spider-man's Sony)

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post

He's in the Spiderman Universe, if Disney and Sony go at it again, he's out of the MCU.

There. TLDW
    Miss don’t like it when you post a video without starting any kind of discussion. They often close those threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Miss don’t like it when you post a video without starting any kind of discussion. They often close those threads.
    I did start a discussion (see discussion above) and I didn't JUST post the video. I expressed my surprise that this got a release. Morbius is not exactly top tier comic book characters. But it seems to have a strong cast. And a "vampire" movie might make the difference.

Well for one Venom got a meh reception and was not even tied to Spider-man. Sony trying to do a "shared universe" just seems foreign.

And the fact that Doctor Strange (of all movies) is experiencing director problems.

Venom was meh critically, but it made a boat load of money which is pretty much all Sony cares about at this point.

Dr. Strange 2 isn't the first Marvel movie to have director issues. A lot of directors (and actors) have had issues with the way Kevin Feige runs the ship and micro manages some of these movies' creative directions.

Sony tried a shared universe before, and failed spectacularly, more so than DC even. They're only trying again because Disney/Marvel is holding their hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    Not sure if you guys noticed, but this movie appears to be in both the MCU and the Sam Raimi Spider-Man universes. At 2:10 in the trailer, there is picture of Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man on the wall.
    Or just the MCU Spider-Man given how “murderer” over the spider-man on the wall could be in reference to the end of far from home. And for some odd reason Sony just decided to go with a Sam Raimi Spider-Man picture

maybe the old spiderman is just a tribute (or maybe forshadowing the multiverse)

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    Or just the MCU Spider-Man given how “murderer” over the spider-man on the wall could be in reference to the end of far from home. And for some odd reason Sony just decided to go with a Sam Raimi Spider-Man picture
    They just did it as an Easter egg to get people talking about Morbius and hope social media speculation regarding Tobey's Spider-man becoming part of the shared universe creates some traction and helps this movie perform well.

Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
    Would have been cooler if they didn't spoil Vulture at the end.
    To be fair though, Vulture seems to just be a cameo. Just walking by each other as Morbius goes to jail or something. I don't think he's an important character to the plot, so it's a good element to put in the trailer to show it's linked to Homecoming/ Far From Home without spoiling anything actually important.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account

Spider-Man is the most 'multiverse' hero and they want to introduce the multiverse anyway. It's all good.

On another note, we need more comic book actors. How many of them have played in both Marvel and DC movies?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    To be fair though, Vulture seems to just be a cameo. Just walking by each other as Morbius goes to jail or something. I don't think he's an important character to the plot, so it's a good element to put in the trailer to show it's linked to Homecoming/ Far From Home without spoiling anything actually important.
    Heavy forbid a movie try stand on its own two feet and merit. Gotta be connected to dem universes

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s in the MCU actually. Hence Vulture being in it.
    Oh I knew that. Spider-man would make a great venn diagram. You have Spider-man movies with no connection to MCU, Spider-man movies completely within MCU. And now this thing in the strange overlap. With Venom being it's own little dot by itself outside all circles.

Looks good...I'll catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Heavy forbid a movie try stand on its own two feet and merit. Gotta be connected to dem universes
    Why would you want a comic book movie to stand on it's own? They only have the rights because he's a Spiderman Universe guy. "Stand on it's own" for some artisitic vision about what looks like a vampire movie?

Nyah, milk the connection for all you can. I hope JJJ is in it too.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."