Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Good job Ion. I guess we can write this expansion off as an abject failure then?

Release a "major" end of expansion content patch with re-hashed zones and features that's only real new pieces of content are a raid and a repeatable Chromie scenario and just leave the game like that for 10+ months.

Not only that. But they can't just let us enjoy the failed expansions last patch by making Essences account wide or adding a vendor for them with Corrupted Mementos.

Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    They're definitely writing off BFA now. It does suck for the next 10 months, but it only means great things for Shadowlands. Blizz wrote off WoD to make Legion better
    I wish it was that simple. But honestly, (incoming subjectivity) Shadowlands looks to be a very mediocre expansion. Seemingly very little new or unique content, no new races, or classes (not that we need them, but they do tend to add some hype).

I would assume that if they pull development time from BfA and redirect it to Shadowlands they could squeeze more into it that they have announced, but that doesn't seem to be what they are doing. The time to get people hyped for Shadowlands is, imo, with the release of the cinematic and features trailers. What could they plan on doing in the next year before launch? I do not recall any expansion to date that has had significant unannounced content released that wasn't teased in some way during the gameplay or features trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    I will remind you of my words when shadowlands will be available in march 2021.
    This is in the store:
    *World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands expansion available on or before December 31, 2020

They are obligated to launch by then.

Legion and BfA had that exact same message, both which came out in August.

Pray tell, what will you do when Shadowlands comes out around August/Sept and your fearmongering and pointless negativity is exposed as exactly that?

There's no point hanging around a forum for a hobby just to be pessimistic and negative about it, especially when you're not even attempting to be objective.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    I wish it was that simple. But honestly, (incoming subjectivity) Shadowlands looks to be a very mediocre expansion. Seemingly very little new or unique content, no new races, or classes (not that we need them, but they do tend to add some hype).

I would assume that if they pull development time from BfA and redirect it to Shadowlands they could squeeze more into it that they have announced, but that doesn't seem to be what they are doing. The time to get people hyped for Shadowlands is, imo, with the release of the cinematic and features trailers. What could they plan on doing in the next year before launch? I do not recall any expansion to date that has had significant unannounced content released that wasn't teased in some way during the gameplay or features trailer.
    We're in need of a "repair" expansion though, we don't need new right now. Honestly new is what got us here, their constant need to reinvent the wheel every expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zimpoli View Post
    This is in the store:
    *World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands expansion available on or before December 31, 2020

Legion and BfA had that exact same message, both which came out in August.

Pray tell, what will you do when Shadowlands comes out around August/Sept and your fearmongering and pointless negativity is exposed as exactly that?

There's no point hanging around a forum for a hobby just to be pessimistic and negative about it, especially when you're not even attempting to be objective.
    Just want to point out that, no, they are not obligated to have it out by then. The likelihood of it being delayed is slim to none, but nothing says they CAN'T delay it.

I don't really see what a 0.5 patch would even offer anything interesting. The faster BFA is over the better. Sadly we are looking at a content drought which will last at least 8 months if we're lucky.

So we will have a year long content drought, with no new open world content.

Well done, Ion. Well done.

How many will be still playing before the 9.0 prepatch launches? 100.000?

If you ask me, i believe Ion doses not really care. As long he has his Nyalotha raid.
    /laughs in WotLK which released a few tournament dailies as the only world content added the entire expansion. And final patch lasting > 1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    /laughs in WotLK which released a few tournament dailies as the only world content added the entire expansion. And final patch lasting > 1 year.
    I mean... TECHNICALLY the ICC patch wasn't the last patch >.>

Because more BFA is what the fans have been asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    a year? are you one of those folks that thinks that Shadowlands isn't coming until 2021?
    Yeah. As you know, i have full trust in blizzards release schedule.

they've pulled off BFA to focus more on 10.0

Quote Originally Posted by Zimpoli View Post
    This is in the store:

No, they are not. We had a release date for Warcraft 3 remastered for December 31, 2019. And they just rescheduled it.

Yeah. As you know, i have full trust in blizzards release schedule.
    One game in the last 15+ years gets delayed by a month and everyone thinks it's the end of the world. This will be the 8th wow expansion and out of the previous 7, ONE might have been delayed, but it never actually had a release date prior to the "delay"

Mind you that 1 game that actually got delayed has an extremely small team

All that matters is that the game is fun. It doesn't matter how many new features are in an expansion if the game isn't fun. See: BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    One game in the last 15+ years gets delayed by a month and everyone thinks it's the end of the world. This will be the 8th wow expansion and out of the previous 7, ONE might have been delayed, but it never actually had a release date prior to the "delay"
    Oh well, you know, you can be optimistic about everything. When it is about Blizzard Entertainment, i learned it is better to be pessimistic. People are less disappoined then.

There are SO many good games coming out, in just a few weeks we'll have cyberpunk, another ori game, FF7:R amongst others, just unsub until shadowlands if you get bored of 8.3 it's not a big deal there is no mini 8.3.5 patch that wouldn't add much anyways, people would still be crying about what is on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    All that matters is that the game is fun. It doesn't matter how many new features are in an expansion if the game isn't fun. See: BFA.
    It's astonishing how many people don't seem to understand that. They apparently think that adding a class or a new race automatically makes an expansion good, resp. that NOT adding either automatically makes it bad. Which is just ludicrously untrue, but I suppose lends itself to the simplistic narratives these people like to peddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean... TECHNICALLY the ICC patch wasn't the last patch >.>
    *Cries in Ruby Sanctum*
    "Here's a Brand New raid, only 1 boss with higher ilvl than ICC and ZERO items for your role, get rekt!"
    Funny enough, an 8.3.5 Crucible of Storms patch may have worked out better than when it hit. I liked those fights on Heroic and they looked absolutely brutal on Mythic.
    Shame so few people even tried that raid

Rip my hope of one last set of BfA Allied Races that I might actually enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Rats are thigmophilic. This means they feel safer moving around close to a wall. The boundary protects them from attack on that side. This could explain why a rodent like Ion prefers to put such a narrow funnel in the game.

they also like chewing on low voltage wires for the electric buzz it gives their brain, like a small high

Ion craves the abuse from the fans
    This might be the funniest comment I've ever read on mmo-champion.

On topic: Did anyone honestly think there was going to be an 8.3.5 patch?

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    There are SO many good games coming out, in just a few weeks we'll have cyberpunk, another ori game, FF7:R amongst others, just unsub until shadowlands if you get bored of 8.3 it's not a big deal there is no mini 8.3.5 patch that wouldn't add much anyways, people would still be crying about what is on it.
    For me it's just FFVII:R and RE3, but that should be plenty for now specially on top of 8.3