Poll: What do you think

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    They didn't betray her, she betrayed them. And even if they did betray her it isn't as if they are a danger to her - she could easily kill all of them if and when needed, and they'd be pulled straight to the Maw posthaste. The calculus supported raising them at the time, and she obviously wasn't planning to out herself at that point.
    Her goal is to not die, why raise more free willed undead when that's literally what killed her the last time? Every soul sent to the maw makes her stronger and thus harder to kill. Her killing them after the fact isn't the problem. The problem is it makes no sense to risk raising more forsaken when the alternative is for her to gain immense personal power.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Her goal is to not die, why raise more free willed undead when that's literally what killed her the last time? Every soul sent to the maw makes her stronger and thus harder to kill. Her killing them after the fact isn't the problem. The problem is it makes no sense to risk raising more forsaken when the alternative is for her to gain immense personal power.
    She's a lot more selective about who she raises now - having learned her lesson in Gilneas, one assumes. She was in no danger from Delaryn or Sira, as evidenced by their full service in the Darkshore Warfront, whereas Godfrey more or less immediately betrayed her (and even prior showed little in the way of loyalty). Her personal power has also grown exponentially since Cata, so its doubtful that the same kind of trick Godfrey pulled would have a hope of harming her as she is now. She can catch and parry Shalamayne wielded by Saurfang barehanded now, bullets and arrows probably aren't going to trouble her anymore.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    What's your source for this? We don't know how much value one soul has versus how much power she gains. You seem to be jumping to conclusion.

Souls are a resource in this setting. You could cash out your souls now for some undetermined increase in power, or you could invest them in military forces that might yield more souls. An individual investment may be a bad one (e.g. Godfrey, Proudmoore), but she has a rather diversified portfolio at this point. They killed far more Alliance, Blood Trolls, Naga, albatrosses, crabs, etc. than she could've alone. That left her free for "Evil Machinations" during the war campaign. Between the end of Teldrassil and the assault on Orgrimmar, she basically had to do nothing at all. Between the Horde PC, Horde forces, and Nathanos, she managed to accomplish pretty much everything she wanted to. In fact, she's her own worst enemy, in that she couldn't keep her big mouth shut during the duel with Saurfang, which is the only thing that lost her the bulk of the Horde forces, allegedly.
    "As she fed the Maw with new souls, both she and the Jailer have grown more powerful.[1][2] "

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Jailer_(character)

All it says is feeding the maw souls increases her power. So raising dead night elves is literally "robbing" her of more power. It conflicts with her desire to raise more undead, because Slyvanus being extremely powerful kinda helps her to not die...

- - - Updated - - -

She's a lot more selective about who she raises now - having learned her lesson in Gilneas, one assumes. She was in no danger from Delaryn or Sira, as evidenced by their full service in the Darkshore Warfront, whereas Godfrey more or less immediately betrayed her (and even prior showed little in the way of loyalty). Her personal power has also grown exponentially since Cata, so its doubtful that the same kind of trick Godfrey pulled would have a hope of harming her as she is now. She can catch and parry Shalamayne wielded by Saurfang barehanded now, bullets and arrows probably aren't going to trouble her anymore.
    Her catching and parrying Shalamayne implies she cannot take a direct hit. So it should be possible to kill her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Her catching and parrying Shalamayne implies she cannot take a direct hit. So it should be possible to kill her.
    She can doubtlessly be killed with the right application of power, sure. But it would be power on a level the likes of which neither Godfrey, Sira, nor Delaryn can hope to muster themselves.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

She can doubtlessly be killed with the right application of power, sure. But it would be power on a level the likes of which neither Godfrey, Sira, nor Delaryn can hope to muster themselves.
    Sira and Delaryn could of gained the night warrior power up if blizzard wanted. If Shalamayne is enough to damage her after her Jailer asspull, the Night warrior boost should be enough to damage her.

"As she fed the Maw with new souls, both she and the Jailer have grown more powerful.[1][2] "

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Jailer_(character)

All it says is feeding the maw souls increases her power. So raising dead night elves is literally "robbing" her of more power. It conflicts with her desire to raise more undead, because Slyvanus being extremely powerful kinda helps her to not die...
    My point was that we don't know how much power she would get. If you could sacrifice your war table champions for a 10dps increase per champion, would you? Rather than 60dps, which is fairly meaningless for current end-game ilvl, I'd rather get a few thousand gold or Azerite power or reputation per week for sending them out. Having them farm resources for me is more valuable to me than the power increase I'd get for sacrificing them.

A night elf captain and the interim leader of the wardens may be worth more "alive" than the power she'd get from the anima, particularly if each kills enough on their own to send the same amount of anima that their souls would have been worth. She's not burning souls in a fel engine or resurrecting everyone; she's still gaining anima, just saving a few of the thousands dead for other uses than raw power.

It doesn't matter when it was written. What matters is that the devs said she is protected from death.
    oh yes, the time when it was written its fundamental to understand if the august interview is or not a "plot shield".
    because she cant be protected from anything if her story is written before
    dude, it isnt difficult to understand...