the jumbotron at arrowhead stadium had a message that they ran out of fireworks for touchdown celebrations lol

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I don't think it was clear either way. At the very least it was inches. I wonder if some of the people who are certain he was short are thinking he was down when the defender's body hit the ground.

Already saw a bunch of people saying this is scripted for GB/KC SB. I thought the game was called pretty sparsely and well. The only bad call I can think of was the fumble recovery, though I'm biased.
    It's gonna take a hell of a script to get the packers to beat the 49ers since the 49ers already waxed them by like 30 points once this season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by We are covfefe View Post
    Don't think GB will get spanked as hard as they did last time they faced the 49ers, but I don't think they'll win, either. Still think its going to be 49ers/KC.
    Agreed, if they get blown out again that's on some terrible coaching. They should be able to see what went wrong and adjust the gameplan. But still, 49ers pass rush already proved to be too much for the GB OL to handle once this season and they likely win again by 10-13 instead of 30.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it was clear either way. At the very least it was inches. I wonder if some of the people who are certain he was short are thinking he was down when the defender's body hit the ground.

Already saw a bunch of people saying this is scripted for GB/KC SB. I thought the game was called pretty sparsely and well. The only bad call I can think of was the fumble recovery, though I'm biased.
    Don't put yourself in a position to rely on a eyeball call of a ref tbh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Don't put yourself in a position to rely on a eyeball call of a ref tbh
    I hate this mindset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate this mindset.
    Its the right mindset until the NFL puts sensors in balls. Seahawks got burned on the first 3rd down to Adams, then the eyeball call on Graham sealed it. Before that, Malik Turner dropped a first down catch on 2nd down, and Wilson gets sacked on the 3rd down. They had their opportunities, just squandered it.

For the 49er matchup I think it depends on if Sherman can go lockdown mode on Adams. Also 49ers need to do what they do the best by using that pass rush like they did against GB during the regular season, now they also got Dee Ford, Kwon Alexander back so it is even better.

I don't think it will be a blowout like last time, this time it might be a close game.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    For the 49er matchup I think it depends on if Sherman can go lockdown mode on Adams. Also 49ers need to do what they do the best by using that pass rush like they did against GB during the regular season, now they also got Dee Ford, Kwon Alexander back so it is even better.

I don't think it will be a blowout like last time, this time it might be a close game.
    Honestly I think it comes down to do the 49ers bottle up Aaron Jones or does he have one of those games he has every now and again where he turns into Derrick Henry?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate this mindset.
    The expectation for terrible officiating has been set by the officials and their persistent terrible officiating.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    The expectation for terrible officiating has been set by the officials and their persistent terrible officiating.
    I get it for players just as a way of coping, but it's like, say your gf cheats on you and you keep saying "I should have never argued with her." Like yeah that might've changed things, but that last thing is still her fucking up. It's letting them off the hook more than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

We're already down to only two real days of football left. I need to buy some good snacks this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well despite all the hand wringing that BOB should be gone, he's staying. And he's going to be taking over the GM role permanently. Which is surprising to me given Caserio was their's for the taking since McDaniels backed out on the Browns.

Tweet I saw:

"Who would've thought a Houston coach/GM would be fired today and Bill O'Brien would be neither"

10+ Year Old Account
    It's letting them off the hook more than anything.
    Well I can't fire them, and I can't want them fired more than I already have the past several years...
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Tweet I saw:

"Who would've thought a Houston coach/GM would be fired today and Bill O'Brien would be neither"
    I would. Astros are cheaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Man if only they'd spring the money to put chips in the ball so they could know EXACTLY where the ball is during these terrible camera angles they have to look at.
    The trouble with putting a sensor in the ball is that where the ball is placed is not where the ball ends up but where the player is down in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's where the ball is when the player is down that matters. Hence stretching for first downs. If they can see when the player is down they could then reference the tracking software for where the ball was.
    If your knee (among other body parts) then the ball is placed where your body part hits before the stretch.
    Also When an airborne player of either team completes a catch or interception inbounds after an opponent has driven him backward, the ball is declared dead, and forward progress is awarded at the spot where initial contact by the opponent was made after the player established firm grip and control of the ball while in the air.

10+ Year Old Account
    What they need more than ball sensors are knee censors. That's where most of these controversies come from is "was his knee down here? Or was it down here?"

So as I said before, the exact second Cincinnati is able to sign the number 1 pick they should just make it official with Joe Burrow, cause damn that's gonna be fun watching him play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    So as I said before, the exact second Cincinnati is able to sign the number 1 pick they should just make it official with Joe Burrow, cause damn that's gonna be fun watching him play.
    He's a Bengal as of right now and nobody should be convinced by the inevitable smokescreens about them taking the pass rusher and trusting in Dalton's late season performance.

Just sucks he’ll be on the Bengals with shitty Zac Taylor as head coach. The guy was useless at Nebraska when he was a QB, and is even worse as a head coach. Oh well. At least he’ll get paid well, and be in his home state. Joe Burrow that is.