Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Treng View Post
    The player currently owns the blades that make up Frostmourne. They were not taken from the player.
    and those weapons dont have the same ability that frostmourne had, the weapons themselves dont belong to the DK just like ashbringer doesnt belong to a paladin, they can easily be taken away and given to an npc.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    and those weapons dont have the same ability that frostmourne had
    No shit, I said that earlier. Lacking whatever abilities that Frostmourne once had will not stop us from recreating the greatsword. Your whining about "oohhh it won't have the power" is totally irrelevant because I'm not asking for the power. I'm not interested in having Nerzhul or Arthas back me up. I want the greatsword.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yes. And there's a brand spanking new Frostmourne model in the files as the OP shows, made in Legion and only used once as a quest object, now just catching dust in the database.

Shadowlands would be the perfect time to add some way to earn it as a mog.
    That it would! setting and timing would make very good sense NOT to give to dks for xmog.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    That it would! setting and timing would make very good sense NOT to give to dks for xmog.
    Contrarianism is NOT a personality.

Frostmourne for Death Knight transmogrification option!

Contrarianism is NOT a personality.

Frostmourne for Death Knight transmogrification option!
    Preach.
    /10char

No shit, I said that earlier. Lacking whatever abilities that Frostmourne once had will not stop us from recreating the greatsword. Your whining about "oohhh it won't have the power" is totally irrelevant because I'm not asking for the power. I'm not interested in having Nerzhul or Arthas back me up. I want the greatsword.
    recreating it without its origional powers would make it a completely different weapon, it wouldnt be frostmourne

recreating it without its origional powers would make it a completely different weapon, it wouldnt be frostmourne
    We 100% factually and canonically do not know how long Frostmourne existed before Nerzhul was mixed into it. Shadowlands retconned its creation. You are wrong, yet again.

15+ Year Old Account
    So what? If people want the appearance of it then why would it matter if it looks the same but none of the power? This is all about having it as a transmog option. Not about becoming a new lich king with all the power and prestige attached to the weapon.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

We 100% factually and canonically do not know how long Frostmourne existed before Nerzhul was mixed into it. Shadowlands retconned its creation. You are wrong, yet again.
    as long as nerzul has been lich king he has been attached to both the armour and frostmourne, the whole purpose of frostmourne and the armour is to control the lich king. Your just saying complete nonsense as all this information is freely available.

Why are the blades of the fallen not called frostmourne since they were made from them, you cant just reforge something with different abilties and it be the same weapon, it would have a different set of abilities and a different name, you could make it look the same but its not the same weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So what? If people want the appearance of it then why would it matter if it looks the same but none of the power? This is all about having it as a transmog option. Not about becoming a new lich king with all the power and prestige attached to the weapon.
    the player isnt special they dont deserve to have anything they want, and some are even arguing it should be DK only, it would just turn frostmourne into another scrub transmog option, maybe and only maybe have it available from an end of expansion raid in a mythic only boss encounter then it may still hold value.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-01-14 at 12:47 AM.

as long as nerzul has been lich king he has been attached to both the armour and frostmourne, the whole purpose of frostmourne and the armour is to control the lich king. Your just saying complete nonsense as all this information is freely available.

Why are the blades of the fallen not called frostmourne since they were made from them, you cant just reforge something with different abilties and it be the same weapon, it would have a different set of abilities and a different name, you could make it look the same but its not the same weapon.
    You're ignorant of the new lore. No. Frostmourne, the helm, and the armor existed before Nerzhul was born. It was forged in Torghast, on the forge which we will be making Legendaries the entire expansion.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Forge_of_Domination

the player isnt special
    100% wrong. We're the Champions of Azeroth. The Champions of our factions. The Leaders of our classes. We're some of the most exceptional characters in Warcraft. Are there some more exceptional? Yes. Does that mean we aren't special? No.

If I was as wrong as you, I'd take a long nap.
    Last edited by Treng; 2020-01-14 at 12:54 AM.

You're ignorant of the new lore. No. Frostmourne, the helm, and the armor existed before Nerzhul was born. It was forged in Torghast, on the forge which we will be making Legendaries the entire expansion.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Forge_of_Domination

100% wrong. We're the Champions of Azeroth. The Champions of our factions. The Leaders of our classes. We're some of the most exceptional characters in Warcraft. Are there some more exceptional? Yes. Does that mean we aren't special? No.

your saying im ignorant of new lore when what you link says nothing relevant to back you up, there has only been two lich kings and the weapon and armour was created to control nerzul, thats the lore.

The player is not special at all, jaina alone is so powerful that she could one shot most enemies and destroy entire counties, put every mage on dalaran focussed on one spell and nothing could stand against that power, but doesnt make for a good story does it, a raid full of the strongest npcs would make the player irrelevant.

your saying im ignorant of new lore when what you link says nothing relevant to back you up
    Devs at Blizzcon backed me up.

The player is not special at all, jaina alone is so powerful that she could one shot most enemies and destroy entire counties, put every mage on dalaran focussed on one spell and nothing could stand against that power, but doesnt make for a good story does it, a raid full of the strongest npcs would make the player irrelevant.
    We're some of the most exceptional characters in Warcraft. Are there some more exceptional? Yes. Does that mean we aren't special? No.

Devs at Blizzcon backed me up.
    all they said it was made in the forge so nothing backs you up at all, currently all that is known is they were both created to control the lich king nerzul so until you play shadowlands and information proving this otherwise comes along then your the one who is wrong, bacause this is whats relevant to current lore.

15+ Year Old Account
    the player isnt special they dont deserve to have anything they want, and some are even arguing it should be DK only, it would just turn frostmourne into another scrub transmog option, maybe and only maybe have it available from an end of expansion raid in a mythic only boss encounter then it may still hold value.
    So? Why is anything added to the game if players are not special and can't have anything at all. That also doesn't answer the question I asked you. Why does the power of the weapon being exactly the same matter to people wanting a replica just for the appearance? How does not having the same power suddenly turn it into a scrub transmog?

Why wouldn't a mythic drop that anyone can strive towards not be equally a scrub transmog? You just seem to have an irrational bias against death knights at this point and I'm not entirely sure why.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-01-14 at 01:17 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So? Why is anything added to the game if players are not special and can't have anything at all. That also doesn't answer the question I asked you. Why does the power of the weapon being exactly the same matter to people wanting a replica just for the appearance? How does not having the same power suddenly turn it into a scrub transmog?

Why wouldn't a mythic drop that anyone can strive towards not be equally a scrub transmog? You just seem to have an irrational bias against death knights at this point and I'm not entirely sure why.
    Most things in WoW are just handed to players with no requirement of skill, frostmourne is just one of those things the player should not entitled to have, it also seems DKs are way too self entitled when it comes to forstmourne especially, as above i mentioned if it was available it should be usuable by anyone that can wield it but DKs are straight to DK only.

If for some reason it was put into game, it would have to be only obtainable through something that requires skill, something like killing anub arak with no deaths at all in the whole raid, killing a boss with a full raid in a set ilvl of gear, having some solo challenging content attached to it also, interesting challenging content is not available in WoW anymore, do you really want to see everyone running around in frostmourne, no matter what the weapon looks like you get bored of it.

all they said it was made in the forge so nothing backs you up at all, currently all that is known is they were both created to control the lich king nerzul so until you play shadowlands and information proving this otherwise comes along then your the one who is wrong, bacause this is whats relevant to current lore.
    You're wrong but since I can't prove it currently (don't worry. I bookmarked your post so I can come back in a year's time and provide an "I told you.") we'll pretend the impossibility that you're right.

Frostmourne is a sword. It is not the power. The power was Nerzhul and Arthas. I am not asking for Nerzhul or Arthas. I am asking for the greatsword model for transmog, you incredible contrarian.

You're wrong but since I can't prove it currently (don't worry. I bookmarked your post so I can come back in a year's time and provide an "I told you.") we'll pretend the impossibility that you're right.

Frostmourne is a sword. It is not the power. The power was Nerzhul and Arthas. I am not asking for Nerzhul or Arthas. I am asking for the greatsword model for transmog, you incredible contrarian.
    But why do you deserve even a transmog of a sword your unable to wield/control, its this sort of mentality that ruins the MMO experience, the give me this because i pay for a game so i deserve it attitude, this is what devalues the whole experience.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-01-14 at 01:40 AM.

But why do you deserve even a transmog of a sword your unable to wield/control, its this sort of mentality that ruins the MMO experience, the give me this because i pay for a game so i deserve it attitude, this is what devalues the whole experience.
    You're only against it because you know it would be a Death Knight transmog. Which it should be, because it's an iconic Death Knight weapon that turns the wielder undead.

So who here has the entitled attitude?

We already got Frostmourne in all but appearance but even stronger. We're just asking to finally be allowed to partake in the iconic weapons party that a lot of Legion classes/specs got to enjoy.

You're only against it because you know it would be a Death Knight transmog. Which it should be, because it's an iconic Death Knight weapon that turns the wielder undead.

So who here has the entitled attitude?

We already got Frostmourne in all but appearance but even stronger. We're just asking to finally be allowed to partake in the iconic weapons party that a lot of Legion classes/specs got to enjoy.
    its not a deathknight weapon, it was created only for the lich king, anyone who can pick up a 2h sword can use it, in reality the blades of the fallen are not stronger than frostmourne its only for the story, frostmourne can raise entire armies including dragons and wipe out entire armies on its own, blades of the fallen cant do that.

PS i dont main a class that can even wield a 2h sword, just certain items should not be obtainable by the player.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-01-14 at 01:51 AM.

its not a deathknight weapon, it was created only for the lich king, anyone who can pick up a 2h sword can use it, in reality the blades of the fallen are not stronger than frostmourne its only for the story, frostmourne can raise entire armies including dragons and wipe out entire armies on its own, blades of the fallen cant do that.
    Yes, and anyone who picks up Ashbringer unless they are undead could use it.
    Why was Ashbringer a Paladin-only weapon, again?

And you're wrong again. Blades of the Fallen Prince are stronger than Frostmourne in lore. Wah-wah.

I'll tell you something that will break your psyche even more: Frostmourne is kiddy tier in terms of power compared to some other artifacts, like the Scepter of Sargeras and Apocalypse. (Frostmourne's big unholy brother)
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2020-01-14 at 01:56 AM.