Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    This is a weird take.

Why not maintain good friendships, and if you're single try to get your short-term sexual gratification from someone else?
    Yes indeed. I wasn't saying you shouldn't be friends i'm saying if you're single and there is physical attraction then don't pretend like that relationship is the exact same as a relationship that is purely platonic. It's not.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-01-13 at 06:00 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why are these idiotic, low-post count threads not locked immediately?

Also, you can be "just friends", regardless of attraction or whether you're fucking.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have plenty of female friends. Some I have slept with, most I have not. All of them I have thought of sleeping with them at some point.
    But if you can get past that and have an understanding, you can definitely be "Just friends"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the key being maturity some of my best friends are women, never had sex, and not interested in romantically.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Yes, if the man/woman are gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Not everyone is attracted to everyone of the other gender.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Yes. Not everyone is attracted to everyone of the other gender.
    Yeah obviously which is why this topic should actually be about men and women that are roughly in the same category as far as age, availability, and attractiveness. You have to control for those three factors in order for the question to make sense.

Yes, entirely possible. Anyone claiming otherwise must be a shutin browsing too many forums where guys lament the existence of the opposite sex. Where people are judged based on a 10-grade scale.

This is a forbidden topic I'd imagine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Its possible View Post
    Do you think its possible for men and women to just be friends? No sexual attraction at all by either? Do you Think that's possible?

When you get to see the breasts, that is when friendship can end and sexual attraction can start.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    I mean common sense, how do you think an average workplace works? Typically a bunch of men and women all work together, and hopefully act at least somewhat friendly.

It is fairly rare for orgies to break out during staff meetings, so it seems like getting along platonically is possible.

Usually people who have come from family which has brother and sister, they have men and women friends.

2 brothers only in the family will have men friends. 2 sisters only in the family will have women friends.

7+ Year Old Account
    works fine for me

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I mean common sense, how do you think an average workplace works? Typically a bunch of men and women all work together, and hopefully act at least somewhat friendly.

It is fairly rare for orgies to break out during staff meetings, so it seems like getting along platonically is possible.
    The workplace doesn't factor in here because in that scenario you have to be purely professional with co-workers. It doesn't mean you can truly be friends with someone you are physically attracted to, not in the same sense that two straight guys can be friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    The workplace doesn't factor in here because in that scenario you have to be purely professional with co-workers. It doesn't mean you can truly be friends with someone you are physically attracted to, not in the same sense that two straight guys can be friends.
    You have to be purely professional with co-workers? About 3/4s of my friends are people I met at work in one way or another. I would say it is by far the most common type of adult friendship.

My Co-workers and I have a very informal relationship with a lot of joking and playing around. The work itself is high stress and there is a lot of it. Friendships naturally form in situations like that.

Yea. But at the same time it depends on certain factors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    You have to be purely professional with co-workers? About 3/4s of my friends are people I met at work in one way or another. I would say it is by far the most common type of adult friendship.

My Co-workers and I have a very informal relationship with a lot of joking and playing around. The work itself is high stress and there is a lot of it. Friendships naturally form in situations like that.
    And? Are you single and is there other attractive single co-workers of the same age? If so then the workplace is probably the reason that you don't have any non-platonic feelings towards your friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Next?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    No i want to fuck every single female player in my guild............................................................... /s
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

7+ Year Old Account
    I am sure its possible. But in my experience women can be quite naive when trusting their male friends will keep it platonic.
    And even when their friends make advances they can dismiss it and pretend like nothing happened.

The women I have made friends with in my adult life always wanted more than just friendship, so I avoid befriending women usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Yes, I have many female friends that I have no interest in sleeping with. I am capable of controlling my base desires which I guess most people can't?